ADVERTISEMENT

Jayme Closs

EweSeaEff

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2007
Clearwater
Not sure if you guys are following this case, but it's definitely crazy.

Cliffs:
10/15/18 - 911 call is made from a cell phone within a house in Wisconsin at about 1:00 am. Police arrive and find a woman and man shot dead, and their 13-year old daughter is missing. She was never considered a suspect and the police assumed she'd been kidnapped. Police eventually figure out that the 911 call was made from the mother's cell phone, but no one ever spoke into the phone - only commotion and yelling.

Since then the police have been running with leads, etc., but everything's been a dead end.

Fast forward to yesterday. A woman is walking her dog in a town about 70 miles north of the Closs home and some girl comes out of the woods looking disheveled. The woman immediately recognizes her as the missing teenager, Jayme Closs. Police arrive and Jayme gives a description of the kidnapper's vehicle. Cops pull him over a short time later and arrest him.

So far the police are saying that he had no prior contact with the Closs family, but that Jayme was his specific target. 21 years old, unemployed and kept her in a remote house in the woods. He had "zero" criminal history.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jayme-closs-details-emerge-after-wisconsin-teen-vanished-for-three-months

It goes without needing to be said that things like this are horrendous. It especially sucks when you have a daughter/daughters that are close to this girl's age - it sort of hits closer to home even though I have no idea who these people are other than a family that was just minding their own business. I can't imagine the horror this girl has gone through and will continue to go through for the rest of her life. I hope that with time she is able to find some semblance of peace.

Last edited:
So the creep stalked her on some social media site and decided to kidnap her from her home? I don’t know how else she’s the target if they never had any prior contact or interaction.

Sick fuk

The complaint said that Patterson, 21, first spotted Jayme while on the way home from work when he was stopped behind a school bus and watched Jayme get on the bus.

Patterson told police he had no idea who Jayme was, but "the defendant states, when he saw (Jayme) he knew that was the girl he was going to take."

The complaint said that Patterson, 21, first spotted Jayme while on the way home from work when he was stopped behind a school bus and watched Jayme get on the bus.

Patterson told police he had no idea who Jayme was, but "the defendant states, when he saw (Jayme) he knew that was the girl he was going to take."

Sick fukers existing in this world are why I carry a pistol, my wife carries a pistol, and a shotgun rests at the ready in my room.

Jesus!!

Reactions: UCFBS
Stupid fukers carrying around loaded guns are why so many innocents, particularly children, die in accidental gun deaths.

[roll] There are so many idiotic things said in just one sentence, and idiotic assumptions.

I'm just relieved that someone with such limited mental capacity such as yourself refrains from owning a firearm. Good call.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
You’ll wish your wife hadn’t given in to your paranoia if your kid gets into Mommy’s purse and starts sucking on a gun barrel.

Luckily my wife and my son aren't braindead nitwits like you. They'll be just fine.

And how perfectly stupid and sexist of you to assume she carries in a purse. You're ignorantly on fire this morning.

He has a shotgun and never said it was loaded

As usual, for the 3,000th time, this clown literally invents things never said to respond to, and then declares himself right when arguing against his own invented narrative.

Stupid fukers carrying around loaded guns are why so many innocents, particularly children, die in accidental gun deaths.
You tell us you and your wife carry and have a loaded rifle in your bedroom with a child in the house—and I am the brain dead nitwit?
Obviously you failed statistics.

The US has the absolute lowest rate in the civilized world per ownership. We are the most responsible gun culture given the sheer level of ownership. Even the Swiss and Swedes don't come close.

In fact, I cringe when the right uses the Swiss and Swedes as an example. They are not good ones, even though they have very liberal ownership policies.

Reactions: UCFWayne
He said it was at the ready in his bedroom. Given the poster, that sounds loaded to me. If not, good on him. He's showing more common sense than I gave him credit for.

Oh look, the nitwit who doesn't know a thing about firearms is attempting to lecture me on proper safety.

[roll]

Another day, another thread that @DaShuckster gets called out for inventing things never said to respond to, then trying to back his way out.

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
Obviously you failed statistics.

The US has the absolute lowest rate in the civilized world per ownership. We are the most responsible gun culture given the sheer level of ownership. Even the Swiss and Swedes don't come close.

In fact, I cringe when the right uses the Swiss and Swedes as an example. They are not good ones, even though they have very liberal ownership policies.

WAT?

Where do you get this bullshit statistic?

WAT?

Where do you get this bullshit statistic?

The same place he gets all his gun knowledge: pulled it straight out of his ass. Dude is a complete and utter fuking moron when it comes to anything gun related.

Among the world's wealthy nations, the United States accounts for 91 percent of all firearm deaths of children younger than 15, according to a 2010 study published in the American Journal of Medicine.

Firearm injuries are the third leading cause of death among children age 1 through 17 in the United States, according to a 2017 study published in the journal Pediatrics.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ce-1999/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e4bc7270d88c

The same place he gets all his gun knowledge: pulled it straight out of his ass. Dude is a complete and utter fuking moron when it comes to anything gun related.

Among the world's wealthy nations, the United States accounts for 91 percent of all firearm deaths of children younger than 15, according to a 2010 study published in the American Journal of Medicine.

Firearm injuries are the third leading cause of death among children age 1 through 17 in the United States, according to a 2017 study published in the journal Pediatrics.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ce-1999/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e4bc7270d88c
aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha! Exactly :)

Reactions: NinjaKnight
So, this is where you guys get a big fat F.
  1. Per Household: Total number of homes with firearms - US will dominate here
  2. Context: Accidents, not Homicides by teenage gang bangers (organized crime)
Kids are far more kidnapped, and kids die in auto accidents far more, than firearm accidents. Also factor in homicides, which are >85% by organized crime.

And how many are homicides, not accidents?
And how many of those are by organized crime?

How many are by parents with guns in their homes, purses, etc...?! F'ing Context!!!

Geez you guys fail, fail, FAIL ELEMENTARY STATISTICS!!!

You argue using the logic of an 8 year-old, devoid of even the basic, scientific method. That's why no one listens to you, and the US media brainwashes you with lies.

I swear people need a serious lesson in 'intentional homicide rates' and 'organized crime,' as well as 'accident rate per househould.' This is why they fail statistics over and over and over again.

The US is like the Philippines, and the Philippines basically outlaws ownership. If we want to see homicides from organized crime rampant and double if not tripling, let's ban legal ownership.

Last edited:
WTF.........did this guy even go to college. Gun deaths in the US are the highest on earth ever
Per capita that's not even remotely true, even when including organized crime for homicides (>85%)!

Per households with firearms (nearly 50% in the US), the accident rate in the US is very low compared to most western countries with households with firearms. We're talking around 500 accidental deaths for 50-60M households with firearms in the US.

That's 1 in 100,000!!!

How many accidental rates are that low with ownership of anything?!

If you take a roundtrip flight every week of the year, you have a better chance of dying in a plane crash. And flying is very, very safe to any other form of travel, especially per mile.

Kids are 40x more likely to die in a house with a pool.

Stop using absolute statistics -- use per capita -- and then add in the fact that most other countries don't have households with firearms. It's unbelievable how well trained and responsible Americans are, because our culture is so focused on proper ownership.

And start segmenting organized crime away from law abiding citizens. It removes 85% of the statistics. Of course, suicides are counted as a crime in the US, and account for 70% too.

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha! Exactly :)
Yes, exactly! This is why the ATF, FBI and other agents I know think you guys are US media sheep. You literally don't know jack.

Heck, even with organized crime, and using all households, the US is not the highest rate (per capita) of firearm deaths in the world -- far from it! And then look at intentional homicide rates too!

The US is a 5 per 100,000. There are a lot of countries much higher!
Removing organized crime, it drops closer to 1 in 100,000.

And yes, guns-alone, accidents, intentional homicides (by non-organized crime) and lawful homicides (self-defense) are under 1 in 100,000, each.

Now go look up suicides (gun and non-gun, across various countries), assaults, kidnappings, auto accidents, various other accidents, etc...

Last edited:
You just gave no factual evidence of anything, and just wrote confusing garbage that hardly qualifies as English.

What are you even trying to argue?

That the U.S. has the lowest rate of gun accidents per number of guns?

Only an idiot would make that argument.

Accidental homicide rates are 2.5x Sweden and 3.75x Switzerland in the U.S.

I swear people need a serious lesson in 'intentional homicide rates' and 'organized crime,' as well as 'accident rate per househould.' This is why they fail statistics over and over and over again.

The US is like the Philippines, and the Philippines basically outlaws ownership. If we want to see homicides from organized crime rampant and double if not tripling, let's ban legal ownership.
Parts of the Philippines are involved in major civil conflict.

You're a grade A moron.

Do you even know what "per capita" means?

What you are arguing isnt "per capita."
You are arguing "per gun ownership."

Your house has 2 cars, and 2 accidents.

My house has 8 cars, and 10 accidents.

My family are much better drivers than your family because we've had less accidents "per capita."

LOL.

LMFAO BS just pulled a trump, facts were presented and he gets thrown into a goddamn temper tantrum that makes zero sense . No wonder you slob his knob.

You are literally a joke. The flat earther of the gun world.

Per capita that's not even remotely true, even when including organized crime for homicides (>85%)!

Per households with firearms (nearly 50% in the US), the accident rate in the US is very low compared to most western countries with households with firearms. We're talking around 500 accidental deaths for 50-60M households with firearms in the US.

That's 1 in 100,000!!!

How many accidental rates are that low with ownership of anything?!

If you take a roundtrip flight every week of the year, you have a better chance of dying in a plane crash. And flying is very, very safe to any other form of travel, especially per mile.

Kids are 40x more likely to die in a house with a pool.

Stop using absolute statistics -- use per capita -- and then add in the fact that most other countries don't have households with firearms. It's unbelievable how well trained and responsible Americans are, because our culture is so focused on proper ownership.

And start segmenting organized crime away from law abiding citizens. It removes 85% of the statistics. Of course, suicides are counted as a crime in the US, and account for 70% too.

Yes, exactly! This is why the ATF, FBI and other agents I know think you guys are US media sheep. You literally don't know jack.

Heck, even with organized crime, and using all households, the US is not the highest rate (per capita) of firearm deaths in the world -- far from it! And then look at intentional homicide rates too!

The US is a 5 per 100,000. There are a lot of countries much higher!
Removing organized crime, it drops closer to 1 in 100,000.

And yes, guns-alone, accidents, intentional homicides (by non-organized crime) and lawful homicides (self-defense) are under 1 in 100,000, each.

Now go look up suicides (gun and non-gun, across various countries), assaults, kidnappings, auto accidents, various other accidents, etc...
You’re wasting your time.

Just a reminder that this thread was again derailed by @DaShuckster who once again lied about something said that wasn’t, responded to it, then declared himself the victor of that non debate

Reactions: UCFWayne
You can thank this idiot who started it all right here:
Nah, there's more to go around.

1. I meant my "Thanks, guys" post to be a little tongue-in-cheek, but since we're on the topic...

2. What compels us to feel like we HAVE to reply to every single post that is incendiary and/or differs from our own personal beliefs? Believe me, I'm plenty guilty of it too; so, I pose the question with myself in mind as well. This is a message board for crying out loud. A football message board at that. Granted these threads can get derailed pretty easily, but this wasn't a thread to debate guns. It's like a friggin' echo chamber in here anymore (which is why I stopped coming around as much) with both sides (to an issue) feeling like they're magically going to convince the other to change his/her mind. Newsflash: it's not going to happen. It's not just isolated to this message board, but social media as a whole (and I'm obviously not the first or 1,000,000th to talk about it). If we practiced a little more what we teach our kids (or at least what our parents taught us), then perhaps we'd all get along a lot better. I tell my girls (the specific phrase because it irritates them since they both feel like they've outgrown "kids'" movies) to be more like Anna and Elsa, and "Let it go". I remember my parents telling me that there are two things you never discuss among friends: religion and politics. <rhetorical_question>What happened to those days?</rhetorical_question>

Nah, there's more to go around.

1. I meant my "Thanks, guys" post to be a little tongue-in-cheek, but since we're on the topic...

2. What compels us to feel like we HAVE to reply to every single post that is incendiary and/or differs from our own personal beliefs? Believe me, I'm plenty guilty of it too; so, I pose the question with myself in mind as well. This is a message board for crying out loud. A football message board at that. Granted these threads can get derailed pretty easily, but this wasn't a thread to debate guns. It's like a friggin' echo chamber in here anymore (which is why I stopped coming around as much) with both sides (to an issue) feeling like they're magically going to convince the other to change his/her mind. Newsflash: it's not going to happen. It's not just isolated to this message board, but social media as a whole (and I'm obviously not the first or 1,000,000th to talk about it). If we practiced a little more what we teach our kids (or at least what our parents taught us), then perhaps we'd all get along a lot better. I tell my girls (the specific phrase because it irritates them since they both feel like they've outgrown "kids'" movies) to be more like Anna and Elsa, and "Let it go". I remember my parents telling me that there are two things you never discuss among friends: religion and politics. <rhetorical_question>What happened to those days?</rhetorical_question>
people tend to get more of a backbone on the internet and say things they wouldnt in person. im guilty of this as well at times.
ive been trying to tone it down and realize there is a person on the other side. it can be hard to do with polarizing topics that are often discussed here. one thing ive tried to do is meet the people here because that can help. ive met several people here and its been great. honestly there is only 1 person i wouldnt want to meet.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT