ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Acosta and CNN Suing because they got their tender little feelings hurt

Jedi.Knight

Bronze Knight
Apr 21, 2008
So tired of Jim Acosta grandstanding in the press pool as well as CNN's bogus lawsuit designed merely to aggravate Trump if for no other apparent reason.

Any talk of it being "unconstitutional" to revoke his press pass reeks of partisan politics, which again shows the true nature of CNN's "reporting." The constitution doesn't guarantee a reporter or news organization access to the White House briefing room ... only that the government cannot censor the actual news that's being reported.

Furthermore, Acosta has of lately been using his position in the press pool to pop off 4 or 5 questions in rapid-fire succession instead of just a single question that most are allotted, as well as using his senior position to try and debate the President like he's Captain Save-a-Hoe.

Ask your question ... then sit the fuuck down like everyone else does.

As irresponsible and -- to put it bluntly -- childish Jim Acosta has been, repeatedly, annoyingly, and to little public benefit ... I'm actually glad to see this lawsuit. And I feel I'll end up siding with CNN and Jim Acosta on this too. In fact, as more of this is argued, I have a feeling this will be unanimous decision by the courts, in favor of CNN and Acosta.

This is one area where the press itself has to police itself, as sad and probably unhelpful that may be, it must. It is not up to the government. The White House is a public, taxpayer institution, and serves the interest of the public and, indirectly, the US media. The Executive does not get to dictate who the US media is and who has press credentials, and cannot define who is a 'real' journalist or a 'real' news outlet. It's up to the US media to police itself. Otherwise we're back to 1770 all over again.

I made the same argument when Obama pushed some really scary crap his first year on Fox News, which we found out later went well beyond just trying to 'undefine' Fox News as a news outlet. Make no mistake, I think Acosta goes beyond even some of the 'targets' of the Obama administrations when it came to White House press credentials, as far as irresponsibility (ironically, the Fox News journalist -- who I won't name -- was actually doing his job, and quite well, even annoying some Republicans too). But he's still a journalist.

Now ... if I was the Executive, instead of banning Acosta, I see another alternative. If Acosta wants to 'play his game,' I would leave. I would say to the rest of the press corps ...

"You're the US media. I have to serve the American public, and them through you. But if you cannot control your peers, and continue to let one of you continue to abuse this necessary access, then I will end every press event every time it reaches this level. I cannot stop you as a media, but I can decide that -- when you let one of your peers abuse this system -- that you are not policing yourself, and I can remove myself from acceess. And that's how I'll handle it from now on. Again, I will never prevent you from 'doing your job,' but I can remove myself as 'part of your job.'

Use 'common sense' and get Mr. Acosta under control, as peers, holding each other accountable. I cannot do that. It is not my role, and should never be, or we'll be back to 1770. But what he is doing is not in the public interest, and you know this. Don't stand behind the 1st Amendment, because what he is doing has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment, and you know that. The 1st Amendment is to protect you from me. But you, as peers to one another, should know where you are not serving that public trust. Like Mr. Acosta is not."

Trump made the wrong move. The right move is to press upon the rest of the media that they need to control him, as peers. I know Sanders and Trump have made this point before, but it's time they just literally start walking out-of-the-room saying, "Okay, that's enough. If this is how it's gonna be."

As irresponsible and -- to put it bluntly -- childish Jim Acosta has been, repeatedly, annoyingly, and to little public benefit ... I'm actually glad to see this lawsuit. And I feel I'll end up siding with CNN and Jim Acosta on this too. In fact, as more of this is argued, I have a feeling this will be unanimous decision by the courts, in favor of CNN and Acosta.

This is one area where the press itself has to police itself, as sad and probably unhelpful that may be, it must. It is not up to the government. The White House is a public, taxpayer institution, and serves the interest of the public and, indirectly, the US media. The Executive does not get to dictate who the US media is and who has press credentials, and cannot define who is a 'real' journalist or a 'real' news outlet. It's up to the US media to police itself. Otherwise we're back to 1770 all over again.

I made the same argument when Obama pushed some really scary crap his first year on Fox News, which we found out later went well beyond just trying to 'undefine' Fox News as a news outlet. Make no mistake, I think Acosta goes beyond even some of the 'targets' of the Obama administrations when it came to White House press credentials, as far as irresponsibility (ironically, the Fox News journalist -- who I won't name -- was actually doing his job, and quite well, even annoying some Republicans too). But he's still a journalist.

Now ... if I was the Executive, instead of banning Acosta, I see another alternative. If Acosta wants to 'play his game,' I would leave. I would say to the rest of the press corps ...

"You're the US media. I have to serve the American public, and them through you. But if you cannot control your peers, and continue to let one of you continue to abuse this necessary access, then I will end every press event every time it reaches this level. I cannot stop you as a media, but I can decide that -- when you let one of your peers abuse this system -- that you are not policing yourself, and I can remove myself from acceess. And that's how I'll handle it from now on. Again, I will never prevent you from 'doing your job,' but I can remove myself as 'part of your job.'

Use 'common sense' and get Mr. Acosta under control, as peers, holding each other accountable. I cannot do that. It is not my role, and should never be, or we'll be back to 1770. But what he is doing is not in the public interest, and you know this. Don't stand behind the 1st Amendment, because what he is doing has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment, and you know that. The 1st Amendment is to protect you from me. But you, as peers to one another, should know where you are not serving that public trust. Like Mr. Acosta is not."

Trump made the wrong move. The right move is to press upon the rest of the media that they need to control him, as peers. I know Sanders and Trump have made this point before, but it's time they just literally start walking out-of-the-room saying, "Okay, that's enough. If this is how it's gonna be."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...b84d88-6b06-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html

Yep, that's why I stated ...

... I made the same argument when Obama pushed some really scary crap his first year on Fox News, which we found out later went well beyond just trying to 'undefine' Fox News as a news outlet. Make no mistake, I think Acosta goes beyond even some of the 'targets' of the Obama administrations when it came to White House press credentials, as far as irresponsibility (ironically, the Fox News journalist -- who I won't name -- was actually doing his job, and quite well, even annoying some Republicans too). But he's still a journalist.
What Trump did, yanking credentials, was far less than what Obama did -- and we didn't find out the full details until his 2nd administration too!

But still, Trump is wrong. It sets a wrong precedent. I don't care who is in office. I hold Trump accountable.

Sessions also 'rolled back' some protections that Holder put in place, after Obama abused his authority. That wasn't a good move either.

Yep, that's why I stated ...

What Trump did, yanking credentials, was far less than what Obama did -- and we didn't find out the full details until his 2nd administration too!

But still, Trump is wrong. It sets a wrong precedent. I don't care who is in office. I hold Trump accountable.

Sessions also 'rolled back' some protections that Holder put in place, after Obama abused his authority. That wasn't a good move either.
How is Trump wrong? The constitution doesn't guarantee media access; all it guarantees is that the government can't interfere with the media's right to freely disseminate news and information through normal channels. The press doesn't need to be in the White House press room in order to report on the administration ... that's what we rational people call a privilege instead of a right.

How is Trump wrong? The constitution doesn't guarantee media access; all it guarantees is that the government can't interfere with the media's right to disseminate news and information. The press doesn't need to be in the White House press room in order to report on the administration ... that's what we rational people call a privilege instead if a right.
This is a slippery slope we don't want to go down.
The press needs to control him, not the government.

And yes, Trump made that point many times, Sanders even better.
I'll give both of them that.

But no, the US media can be as irresponsible as they want, with no interference.
Otherwise ... it's 1770 all over again.

This is a slippery slope we don't want to go down.
The press needs to control him, not the government.

And yes, Trump made that point many times, Sanders even better.
I'll give both of them that.

But no, the US media can be as irresponsible as they want, with no interference.
Otherwise ... it's 1770 all over again.
You're right about the media needing to rein Jim Acosta in but unfortunately they're just going to circle the wagons and play the victim card. In light of this, Trump is now forced to do that job for them. It should also be noted that CNN itself hasn't been banned ... just one single reporter who's seemingly gone rogue.

Again, media access to the White House press room is a privilege that Accoster has been abusing for far too long. There are a number of reputable media outlets that don't have this type of access; should the Orlando Weekly sue because they don't have that type of access? That right there is the real slippery slope.

If every media outlet demanded fair access for their reporters, Trump would be holding his press briefings at 20,000 seat basketball arenas.

You're right about the media needing to rein Jim Acosta in but unfortunately they're just going to circle the wagons and play the victim card. In light of this, Trump is now forced to do that job for them.
But it's not his job. In fact, it should never, ever be his job ... ever. This is where I do take serious Constitutional issues with Trump, just like I did Obama.

It should also be noted that CNN itself hasn't been banned ... just one single reporter who's seemingly gone rogue.
But the, and I would argue quite valid, counter-argument will be that -- regardless of Acosta's behavior -- the administration is trying to 'control' the 'questions' asked, not the 'reporter.'

Again, media access to the White House press room is a privilege that Accoster has been abusing for far too long. There are a number of reputable media outlets that don't have this type of access; should the Orlando Weekly sue because they don't have that type of access? That right there is the real slippery slope.
That's a much, much more shallow slope than what the administration did. Yes, the 'fraternity' aspect is, well frankly, wrong. But that's for the US media, the non-government entity and industry, to decide. Not the government.

The government deciding is in direct violation of the 1st Amendment.

If every media outlet demanded fair access for their reporters, Trump would be holding his press briefings at 20,000 seat basketball arenas.
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Trump should entertain that. ;)

I'll give you full credit for that one.

So tired of Jim Acosta grandstanding in the press pool as well as CNN's bogus lawsuit designed merely to aggravate Trump if for no other apparent reason.

Any talk of it being "unconstitutional" to revoke his press pass reeks of partisan politics, which again shows the true nature of CNN's "reporting." The constitution doesn't guarantee a reporter or news organization access to the White House briefing room ... only that the government cannot censor the actual news that's being reported.

Furthermore, Acosta has of lately been using his position in the press pool to pop off 4 or 5 questions in rapid-fire succession instead of just a single question that most are allotted, as well as using his senior position to try and debate the President like he's Captain Save-a-Hoe.

I guess a Latino hitting a woman with the back of his hand or back of his arm isn't "assault" for some liberal apologists.

He should be portrayed as the foulest sort of privileged White male sex molester and driven off the air. You know, same trick CNN and the Dems tried to pull on Justice Kavanaugh. C'mon, rub their noses in it.

This is a down and dirty street fight for the survival of the West. The battle of Acosta must be won, so crack that bottle and flick that gravity knife.

Secondly if this S.O.B. really can sue his way back into the White House press room, then Alex Jones must be immediately re-instated on Youtube and Twitter, and paid two million dollars in damages for violation of his first amendment rights.

I don’t see how anyone thinks CNN will win this. CNN is not prohibited from the press room, just Acosta.

If they try to silence him I have problems. They are not doing that, he simply is not allowed on the Whitehouse press staff. That is a privilege that comes with responsibility. There is decorum that is followed, he does not follow it.
The White house did not kick CNN out just Jim.

Reactions: Jedi.Knight
He is the literal definition of snowflake. The guy pushes a woman's arm and tries to rant in a press gathering. He clearly wouldn't let Trump respond like he is butt hurt over something.

I guess a Latino hitting a woman with the back of his hand or back of his arm isn't "assault" for some liberal apologists.
Well, the exchange wasn't that simple.
I don’t see how anyone thinks CNN will win this. CNN is not prohibited from the press room, just Acosta.
If they try to silence him I have problems. They are not doing that, he simply is not allowed on the Whitehouse press staff. That is a privilege that comes with responsibility. There is decorum that is followed, he does not follow it.
The White house did not kick CNN out just Jim.
If I'm a judge, I think that's too slippery of a slope, and I'd allow Acosta back in. The 1st Amendment is literally about allowing a-holes and conflict instigators in, even when they are irresponsible. I don't like 'a privilege' being thrown about when it comes to the US media either.

That said, I think all of this has really exposed how bad Acosta and CNN are. If I was the Trump administration, I would have handled it differently.

jim acosta wants to be the story, not report the news. i hope they keep him out for awhile until he can learn to have manners again. cnn can put another report in there so its not stopping the press an any way.

Reactions: UCFBS
jim acosta wants to be the story, not report the news. i hope they keep him out for awhile until he can learn to have manners again. cnn can put another report in there so its not stopping the press an any way.
Nail on the head right there. Once a journalist stops reporting the news and starts becoming the news, that's when all journalistic integrity is lost.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
ill say this trump probably took this too far. perhaps him and jim and some of the press people need to have a private conversation about the decorum in that press room. jim went to far and needed to be taught a quick lesson. i would prefer if cnn used someone else but i doubt that happens. if they are dead set on jim going back he needs to understand the rules of that room and act appropriately. he needs to stop making himself the story and report the news.

Reactions: UCFBS
Reactions: UCFWayne
Naw, I'm sure any past White House would have deliberately doctored the briefing video in an effort to reinforce its decision.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/pol...video-distributed-by-White-House-13376134.php
poor move to have a doctored video released. especially when ive seen the full unedited video and that is honestly enough to revoke his press pass.

but hey keep complaining about the doctored video when the full video doesnt paint jim in a good light either.

poor move to have a doctored video released. especially when ive seen the full unedited video and that is honestly enough to revoke his press pass.

Okay. Imagine you were the judge and the prosecuting attorney presents a video as evidence that subsequently is proven to have been doctored.

The chagrined district attorney then presents the original video to you and says, "Okay, here's the unedited version. But honestly, Judge, THIS ONE is enough to prove we were justified in revoking his press pass.

Maybe you would keep your mouth shut and rule in the White House's favor. But I suspect most unbiased justices would look at this DA and say, "Excuse me but if this video 'proves' you were justified--why in the world you edit it in the first place??!?!?!"

Okay. Imagine you were the judge and the prosecuting attorney presents a video as evidence that subsequently is proven to have been doctored.

The chagrined district attorney then presents the original video to you and says, "Okay, here's the unedited version. But honestly, Judge, THIS ONE is enough to prove we were justified in revoking his press pass.

Maybe you would keep your mouth shut and rule in the White House's favor. But I suspect most unbiased justices would look at this DA and say, "Excuse me but if this video 'proves' you were justified--why in the world you edit it in the first place??!?!?!"
is your life so boring that you have to worry about this crap? trump is petty we all know this. it was in poor taste to have a doctored video released.

are you really going to rest your case on trump creating a doctored video vs the actual video that has proof? talk about partisan bias.

is your life so boring that you have to worry about this crap?

Actually, it's anything but boring. I'm retired and have fun in the morning relaxing with a cup of coffee while kicking butt playing online poker. I multi-task so I can also 'kick butt' responding to your lamea$$ posts at the same time!!! :) ;)

are you really going to rest your case on trump creating a doctored video vs the actual video that has proof? talk about partisan bias.

Yeah, talking about a doctored video that came out of the White House is SO incredibly partisan of me. :)

Well, the exchange wasn't that simple.
If I'm a judge, I think that's too slippery of a slope, and I'd allow Acosta back in. The 1st Amendment is literally about allowing a-holes and conflict instigators in, even when they are irresponsible. I don't like 'a privilege' being thrown about when it comes to the US media either.

That said, I think all of this has really exposed how bad Acosta and CNN are. If I was the Trump administration, I would have handled it differently.
The first amendment is about limiting the government from infringing on the ability of the press to publish political and cultural commentary, even if critical of the government. I don't know if there is precedent that requires the White House to issue a press pass to all who request one. I would think that White House security and the Secret Service would be able to deny press passes based on security reasons at the very least.

I don't think there's a 1A right to ask the press secretary questions or rather no mandate for them to call on someone or even let them in the room. If there were, then you'd have seen lawsuits when Obama ignored all of the journalists considered conservative or libertarian for 8 years. I'm sure the WH publishes a transcript of the press conference and that would give Acosta the information he'd need to go ahead and free press all he wanted.

looks like hes getting his press pass back. hope they never call on him again.
So Trump does something unconstitutional and it's found unconstitutional by a Trump appointed judge and your hope is that they use a loophole to get the same result as the unconstitutional action.

Got it. You're anti-constitution.

So Trump does something unconstitutional and it's found unconstitutional by a Trump appointed judge and your hope is that they use a loophole to get the same result as the unconstitutional action.

Got it. You're anti-constitution.
it is not a right to be admitted into the press conferences, it is a privilege. he violated that when he disregarded the rules and tried to ask more than a single question as well as placing his hands on the intern trying to take the mic away from him. jim should be ashamed of the way he handled himself that day.

i hope they never call on him for a question again. cnn should replace him with someone else.

too much fox news for you.....LOL

Nail on the head right there. Once a journalist stops reporting the news and starts becoming the news, that's when all journalistic integrity is lost.
Acosta looks like a spoiled libtard sjw brat who can't obey any rules, and now we see the courts stepping in to interfere with what is acceptable behavior at a White House press conference.

The points that I get out of this are:

1). Libtard media at press conferences is obnoxious (and should be replaced by alt-Right Internet news reporters)

2). Libtard sjw media is hypocritical about violence toward women.

3). Insane judges will interfere with everything!

President Trump can’t wipe his ass without some liberal judge ruling it unconstitutional.

I thought Acosta was back at CNN sucking on a Lemon. CNN is nothing more than Communists, Queers and other assorted human trash attempting to subvert normalcy for their version of a pansy, sjw libtard, blm, illegals utopia run by the ultimate communist Soros. When that illegal touched that intern, the Secret Service should have pounced on him and used him for a pinata. Are the Secret Service Agents gay now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT