ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Bidens inauguration

I have to smile when I read criticisms like this. Once upon a time, that was a major right-wing talking point: "Yeah, Obama can READ somebody else's speech off a teleprompter but that doesn't make him a great leader!"

Looks like we're back there again. For some reason, it does feel a little hollow when their guy would 'go off script' and make a complete fool of himself on a regular basis.
Are you really comfortable in saying that his mental acuity is up to the job of being the most powerful man in the world?

I have to smile when I read criticisms like this. Once upon a time, that was a major right-wing talking point: "Yeah, Obama can READ somebody else's speech off a teleprompter but that doesn't make him a great leader!"

Looks like we're back there again. For some reason, it does feel a little hollow when their guy would 'go off script' and make a complete fool of himself on a regular basis.
Ok, but I am not a right wing guy. I never liked that criticism of Obama. Mostly because he is a very intelligent guy. It was a lazy attack. The Biden criticism is pretty warranted. He had the name recognition the Democrats needed. He is associated with Obama and most people still really respect him. If there ever was a former president to have a beer with, it is him or maybe W. W is my favorite puppet president in history.

Ok, but I am not a right wing guy. I never liked that criticism of Obama.
Okay, I apologize for my knee-jerk reaction. I'm just used to Right-wingers who have been reading straight from the Republican playbook.
The Biden criticism is pretty warranted.
Is Biden at the top of his intellectual game? Far from it. But nevertheless, history has made Joe Biden the man for this moment whether we like it or not.

Biden will be a voice of calm and compassion at a time of great anger and strife. He will gamely attempt to unify the nation at a time when the nation has never been more divided since the Civil War.

Where will it lead us? Who knows. But, rest assured, the future is brighter under Joe Biden's leadership than four more years of this Trump craziness. That should be obvious to everybody by now.

Okay, I apologize for my knee-jerk reaction. I'm just used to Right-wingers who have been reading straight from the Republican playbook.
Is Biden at the top of his intellectual game? Far from it. But nevertheless, history has made Joe Biden the man for this moment whether we like it or not.

Biden will be a voice of calm and compassion at a time of great anger and strife. He will gamely attempt to unify the nation at a time when the nation has never been more divided since the Civil War.

Where will it lead us? Who knows. But, rest assured, the future is brighter under Joe Biden's leadership than four more years of this Trump craziness. That should be obvious to everybody by now.
Well, I hope your right. Anything else I would say, would be battering that poor dead horse.

“Biden sat back and let Trump hang himself!”

Sitting back is all that he is capable of. Let’s not pretend it was some sort of strategy. Good luck with him running the country.

First a caravan, now lifting a travel ban. What’s next a direct flight from Wuhan to NYC?

Twitter: President-elect Joe Biden's approval rating on the presidential transition clocks in at 67% approve, 25% disapprove via Washington Post/ABC poll.
67% approval rating? Wow. Throughout his Presidency, Trump never even made it to 50%.

29%. Which makes you have to wonder why on earth we need more troops in DC than in the middle east. Biden is so popular it takes that level of military protection?
It's because the Einsteins who still support Trump believe that a guy who never came close to sniffing a 50% approval rating had a second term "stolen" from him by a Democrat who polled higher than Orange Man did throughout the course of 2020 (I know, I know, media bias) and who won the Electoral College by six States and garnered a record 81 million votes nationally.

It's because the Einsteins who still support Trump believe that a guy who never came close to sniffing a 50% approval rating had a second term "stolen" from him by a Democrat who polled higher than Orange Man did throughout the course of 2020 (I know, I know, media bias) and who won the Electoral College by six States and garnered a record 81 million votes nationally.
But they are basically all gone. Thats why his approval rating is so low. Nobody wants him to be president anymore.

But they are basically all gone. Thats why his approval rating is so low. Nobody wants him to be president anymore.
Tell that to the thread's OP:
They should cancel the whole ceremony and just do it privately. It just seems unsettling that he is going to become president in front of 20,000 armed troops behind a 8 foot tall barbed wire fence. The optics are just really bad.

Dementia man can read a teleprompter some of the time. Sorry as a person who watched 3 grand parents go thru dementia in their 80's it is easy to see Biden is in early stages. Lie to yourself if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Dementia man can read a teleprompter some of the time. Sorry as a person who watched 3 grand parents go thru dementia in their 80's it is easy to see Biden is in early stages. Lie to yourself if it makes you feel better.
I won't go so far as to say he's experiencing dementia, but its clear that his mental acuity has declined dramatically over the last few years.

When all you see is cherry picked manipulated media I'm not surprised you see dementia. You're not living in the real world and you're being shown only little bits and pieces that push a narrative.

Bottom line is that Biden AND Trump are too old and their mental acuity is declining. Trump naturally and Biden has at least some dementia that’s progressing. I’m totally against it and I’m not alone

Bottom line is that Biden AND Trump are too old and their mental acuity is declining. Trump naturally and Biden has at least some dementia that’s progressing. I’m totally against it and I’m not alone
You know Conservatives literally have nothing in their playbook when the 'too old' line is the best they can come up with.

You know Conservatives literally have nothing in their playbook when the 'too old' line is the best they can come up with.
If a republican had done the stuff that Biden has done in the last 3 days, you'd be crying about how terrible they are.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
If a republican had done the stuff that Biden has done in the last 3 days, you'd be crying about how terrible they are.
I like Biden's EOs. I imagine you're crying about how terrible they are because most of them overturn the ones Trump enacted exactly four years ago.

#winning

I like Biden's EOs. I imagine you're crying about how terrible they are because most of them overturn the ones Trump enacted exactly four years ago.

#winning
Killed 26,000 jobs
Guaranteed higher energy prices which disproportionately affects the poor
Put a block on lower insulin prices
Moving troops into Syria
Left troops to sleep in a parking garage

I'm sure you do like all of those things.

Lied about the virus
Refuses to take questions
Sets forth rules and immediately ignores them.

You've got your Breitbart talking point down pat. :)

I chuckled out loud at your "Refuses to take questions" one.

Biden isn’t doing shit about the immigration problem or the virus. . Absolutely nothing. All this as gas prices are starting to climb

Broken promises? What are you talking about?

Biden campaigned on stopping the Keystone Pipeline for crying out loud.
I thought he wanted more infrastructure jobs. Apparently pipelines aren't considered infrastructure anymore.

Oh well, just a bunch of union jobs lost.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I thought he wanted more infrastructure jobs. Apparently pipelines aren't considered infrastructure anymore.

Oh well, just a bunch of union jobs lost.
Ah, I see. Putting a stop to the pipeline = anti-infrastructure. Ted Cruz tried using that same line on Pete Buttigieg during his confirmation hearing — with a similar lack of success.

ADVERTISEMENT