ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Rogan signing with Spotify for $100M

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52736364

The kind of figures involved in the deal are incredibly rare in the podcast world - and Rogan will now likely earn more money than most musicians on Spotify.

"Joe Rogan just got paid the equivalent value of over 26 billion streams for a podcast licence," wrote Tom Gray, director of the royalties, music copyright and licensing society, PRS for Music.

"A musician would need to generate 23 billion streams on Spotify to earn what they're paying Joe Rogan for his podcast rights." added music writer Ted Gioia.

Gioia suggested this means "Spotify values Rogan more than any musician in the history of the world".

Reactions: UCFWayne
Gioia suggested this means "Spotify values Rogan more than any musician in the history of the world".

Have you heard a majority of the music available? At least Rogan will deliver something remotely interesting.

Reactions: UCFWayne
all because youtube would censor his videos with certain guests. not because of the content but because of the guests. i wish there was a youtube alternative.

all because youtube would censor his videos with certain guests. not because of the content but because of the guests. i wish there was a youtube alternative.

No, I think the $100M had more to do with it.

Spotify is launching a streaming video service to launch with the Rogan podcast.

ADVERTISEMENT