ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Johnson treasures gift of sleep

I feel that the strength and nutrition has really improved under Frost. I think those guys are definitely unsung heroes of the current team. I hope the new staff with Heupel is as good or better.

I remember listening to a sports show talking about some school where the players were having to go out and hire their own personal trainers because it was so bad.

I feel that the strength and nutrition has really improved under Frost. I think those guys are definitely unsung heroes of the current team. I hope the new staff with Heupel is as good or better.

I remember listening to a sports show talking about some school where the players were having to go out and hire their own personal trainers because it was so bad.

Things were REALLY bad under Kruczek. It seemed like in every game several different players were coming down with cramps.

Duval might be the best S&C coach UCF has ever had, I read and posted several articles here before the season talking about how 'modern' his methods are and we just had one of the healthiest seasons in a while then you read this Jordan Johnson story & it backs that up. Duval figuring out there was a problem and fixing it not only helped JJ physically but I'm assuming mentally as well.

I hope the new S&C Coach uses the same methods and not go back to the old school puke buckets and rub some dirt on it approach.

Duval, Austin, and Verdu were the superstar assistants of the Frost staff. Their Year 1 to 2 improvements are a big part of why this season turned out the way it has

Looks like the new coaches are a bit inexperienced.

Johnson is one of my favorite young players on the team. Seems like a really quality person in addition to a great talent in the trenches for us. If he stays healthy he has a chance to log a ton of starts as a Knight. Was a huge get in that first Frost class.

Duval is probably too loyal to Frost but he's the one staff guy that should have been attempted to overpay to keep
I agree. If there was ever a time for the excellence fund to kick in, then that was it. It's like having the best mechanic at a car race.

I agree. If there was ever a time for the excellence fund to kick in, then that was it. It's like having the best mechanic at a car race.

It probably wouldn't have mattered. He worked under Nebraska's S&C coach at Nebraska.

UCF will have more and more UCF guys who will want to work at their alma mater as the number of years since moving to Division I increases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT