ADVERTISEMENT

Judge Rules against DeSantis EO on Masks in Schools

Just mandate that every kid get vaccinated every 3 months and wear 2 masks all day. Both are safe, effective, and necessary. There is literally no danger or negative side effect from doing either of those things.

It's not insane. I actually think it's a good lesson to teach kids that making a personal sacrifice for the benefit of others is a pretty American thing to do.

Are there some kids with legitimate issues with masks? Absolutely. But mostly it's just parents who think their kids are special snowflakes. Maybe teach them that life sucks sometimes and you have to do things you don't want?

The problem is that we are talking about "kids" that range from 4-18 in terms of school age. Explaining personal responsibility to a 16 year old may resonate; it won't matter with a 4-6 year old. I have to tell my 4 year old that wearing a mask is kinda like being a superhero to get him on board. Other kids clearly are not judging by the way they wear them.

How many alcohol related deaths are you ok with?
There is a reason why we have DUI laws in every state.
Car deaths?
Same with seat belt laws.
Flu deaths?
We make annual flu shots available to folks.
Allergy related deaths? Etc.
We've got asthma inhalers, prednisone, and other medications for allergies.

AND, guess what? Covid-19 vaccines to minimize one's chances of hospitalization or death from the disease.

Life can be dangerous. Fortunately we live in a day and age where modern medicine can dramatically minimize the risks....for smart people.

Until we get to zero covid, flu, rsv, and pneumonia deaths its pretty irresponsible to not use all of the tools at our disposal to end this crap. Kids should NOT be allowed to be around anyone that can make them sick, nor be around anyone that they can infect.

Reactions: wjustincottrell
I've seen enough of these phony politicians that make all these strict mandates then ignore them personally. They better come to the table with scientific facts of how the masks make a difference. It didn't help with round 1 so data is not in their favor. No reason to wear a mask at school when everywhere else in town it doesn't matter.
That's the mistake. Masks should be required everywhere, 24/7. Life is too dangerous to not take extreme precautions.

You don't turn off your car because we have a lot of deaths. We have dui laws but to be safe we should remove the source, cooorrect?
Removing the source in this case means getting the adults who remain unvaccinated vaccinated.

If that happened, the need for vaccine boosters would dramatically decrease. But I'm guessing this take will bring us another round of bullsh!t about the ineffectiveness of covid vaccines and masks. :rolleyes:

Double masks anywhere even if you're 3 shots into the vaccine. Goggles, ear plugs, and gloves also. Do not go outside!
The sheer stupidity of the logic on display in this post is awesome to behold.

It's like a policeman walking into a riot zone and refusing to go in wearing a bulletproof vest because "it's not 100% effective."

Double masks anywhere even if you're 3 shots into the vaccine. Goggles, ear plugs, and gloves also. Do not go outside!
I think I've gotten to the point where I'm OK with millions and millions of people dying.

People that ingest horse paste should die. People that take experimental vaccines should die. Kids that don't wear masks should die. People that mutilate their genitals should die. People that get into gangs and do drive-by shootings should die.

We won't be able to save our civilization until we let stupid people that make stupid decisions die.

The problem is that we are talking about "kids" that range from 4-18 in terms of school age. Explaining personal responsibility to a 16 year old may resonate; it won't matter with a 4-6 year old. I have to tell my 4 year old that wearing a mask is kinda like being a superhero to get him on board. Other kids clearly are not judging by the way they wear them.
That's fair and I don't like the mandates on kids that young.

I do think they're pretty adaptable though. By 1st or 2nd grade it's definitely something you can explain to them as being part of the solution, doing their part, etc. There are certainly going to be kids with emotional issues, anxiety, sensory issues, etc that make masking complex and stressful. I feel for those parents and I hope the medical opt outs can grant them the relief.

But I view it like vaccination. If the 95% of kids who can wear masks do so, that provides benefit to everyone including the 5% (or whatever) with legitimate issues.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
This one kind of sucks because it was likely lab created in china. Weird they handled covid so well while over 30 other countries had over 1 million cases without being the original epicenter. They locked down Wuhan and still allowed international travel. 🤔
The Chinese proved that they are the fittest, so they deserve to survive. Americans are dumb so most of them deserve to die. We are lazy, fat, unhealthy, and have no survival instincts. We expect someone else to save us from our stupidity. I'll be glad to see the people that took experimental drugs dying by the millions if it comes to that.

I've seen enough of these phony politicians that make all these strict mandates then ignore them personally. They better come to the table with scientific facts of how the masks make a difference. It didn't help with round 1 so data is not in their favor. No reason to wear a mask at school when everywhere else in town it doesn't matter.
If you actually want to discuss the nuances let me know. I'll happily admit that it's not cut and dry on masking - particularly with kids. So you have to make decisions/recommendations with incomplete information in context of the entire community - not just kids.

But yes, there are indoor mask requirements all over the place. I'm not aware of a single large employer or a single private school in the entire county that doesn't have an indoor mask requirement. Randy Fine is all over this here in Brevard. Of course his kids go to a private school that has a mask mandate.

This one kind of sucks because it was likely lab created in china. Weird they handled covid so well while over 30 other countries had over 1 million cases without being the original epicenter. They locked down Wuhan and still allowed international travel. 🤔
I think it is because the locked anybody that was sick in their houses and let them die. After that, they said that only 500 or so died

On a plane, you're mere inches from at least one person for possibly hours. In most classrooms there's enough room to provide some level of spacing.

The airplane mask rule is also a joke when considering that people fling it off when eating or drinking. The virus forgets to spread when Jan takes off her mask for 45 minutes to take down a snack box and slam 3 glasses of wine.
You’re right although there is a bit more to it. Airplanes have circulation systems designed to keep air flowing. Schools do not and it’s even worse when you put up plastic barriers that inhibit the flow of air that is already there.

Airplanes have circulation systems designed to keep air flowing. Schools do not and it’s even worse when you put up plastic barriers that inhibit the flow of air that is already there.
Good point. So in conclusion, it apparently ISN'T totally insane to require kids to wear masks in school.

Totally insane to make kids wear masks when literally everywhere else it isn't required.
Except in airports and airplanes where travelers are packed next to each other in confined spaces....um, you know, like classrooms. :rolleyes:
On a plane, you're mere inches from at least one person for possibly hours. In most classrooms there's enough room to provide some level of spacing.

So did 4 others wearing a mask. And? Just like prior to the vaccine the areas with high restrictions were almost per capita dealing with the same infections number.

Now he has immunity. Why does he need a virtue signaling chud mask?
There is no reasoning with these people. Get your kids into a school that doesn't require masks and let the rest of society kill their children via oxygen deprivation. That's what the left wants, so give it to them.

I troll a little here
Noooooooooooooooo...really dude? :)

We took all the precautions with other people that could get sick though. I'm not aware he transferred it to anybody and we were at a kids indoor house party plus a neighborhoods friends house. I think it's true that kids aren't great transmitters of the virus.
Let's hope so since he was at a kid's indoor house part and a neighborhood friend's house maskless.

Congratulations. A hell of a way to go about it if you ask me. You sure seem awfully cavalier about it. Thank Goodness your son's covid bug didn't take a bad turn.
Let me put it to you this way ...

If ... you're arguing for kids to wear masks because of the SARS-CoV-2 b.1.617.2 (Delta) risk and even 'Long Covid' ...

Then you're actually arguing for eternal masking since Pneumonia already kills kids 3x as much, and 'Long Pneumonia' is almost an order of magnitude more common among kids, than SARS-CoV-2.

But, I'm sorry, I guess '1 is too many.' So why do public schools exist at all then?!

Let me put it to you this way ...

If ... you're arguing for kids to wear masks because of the SARS-CoV-2 b.1.617.2 (Delta) risk and even 'Long Covid' ...

Then you're actually arguing for eternal masking since Pneumonia already kills kids 3x as much, and 'Long Pneumonia' is almost an order of magnitude more common among kids, than SARS-CoV-2.

But, I'm sorry, I guess '1 is too many.' So why do public schools exist at all then?!
We always over-emphasize new risks that we aren't used to yet and undervalue risks that we're used to. That's human psychology and it isn't changing.

We always over-emphasize new risks that we aren't used to yet and undervalue risks that we're used to. That's human psychology and it isn't changing.
No, this is literally STATISTICAL REALITY the last 18 months!
It's from the CDC itself!

I'm tired of the mass media and resulting mob turning off their brains.
It's not hard to actually look at numbers.

No, this is literally STATISTICAL REALITY the last 18 months!
It's from the CDC itself!

I'm tired of the mass media and resulting mob turning off their brains.
It's not hard to actually look at numbers.
What I'm saying is that "statistical reality" and how humans perceive risk are two different things. Driving in a car instead of flying in a plane because you're scared of air travel is not rational statistically. But psychologically, it's completely rational to be more comfortable with risks you are used to than risks you have no experience with.

In other words, don't be surprised if a sky diver is scared to death of mice. It has nothing to do with statistical reality.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT