ADVERTISEMENT

Just out of curiosity

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Prior to the onslaught of cornhusker fans coming over here and being jackwagons, what were your feelings about nebraska?

I have a few teams that I've liked/respected for years like OSU, Texas (under Mack Brown), oklahoma, UCF, and Auburn. Do you guys like other teams around the country other than UCF, and was Nebrska one of them if so?

I didn't really care about Nebraska. I thought it was a team that was past its prime and a fanbase that held on to the good old days like Notre Dame and Michigan(but with less academic clout).

I did, however, think that Nebraskans were good people, still do. I just think they become irrational when discussing contemporary football and where Nebraska exists in the current landscape.

I'll be cheering on Nebraska and Scott Frost for obvious reasons and I typically pay attention to the other Florida teams, especially Miami since I grew up there.

Reactions: bigtenhusker
I didn't really care about Nebraska. I thought it was a team that was past its prime and a fanbase that held on to the good old days like Notre Dame and Michigan(but with less academic clout).

I did, however, think that Nebraskans were good people, still do. I just think they become irrational when discussing contemporary football and where Nebraska exists in the current landscape.
Pretty much exactly this.

Going to be honest, before Frost, I had kind of forgot Nebraska existed in the world of CFB. Sort of like Purdue.

Reactions: Happy Hands
I don't really pay attention to a particular program outside of UCF, but I will watch a lot of games and good matchups here and there. I find Gator football to generally be very boring to watch (SEC in general, actually) and usually like to watch Miami get beat since their fans are extremely obnoxious. I remember Nebraska being good years ago but never cared for them. Unless they improve significantly or are matched up in a really game (similar to Wisconsin towards the end of last season) then I assure you very few people will care.

I have met a few Nebraska fans in person and they are always good people. But before Frost Nebraska was never on my mind so I didn't have an opinion. It was an unknown other than seeing a few highlights during those Miami 30 for 30s.

I usually follow all the Florida programs then follow Programs that have a style of play or location that I like. Clemson is always a fun watch and I like watching Pac 12 Programs bc they usually have gunslinger QBs in the league that are fun to watch.

It's hard to completely ignore the SEC and I don't deny the talent that they recruit on Defense but their parochial culture is annoying and goes beyond Football. That's why I really enjoyed watching when USC was elite under Pete Carroll bc of how much it upset SEC fans

I don't really pay attention to a particular program outside of UCF, but I will watch a lot of games and good matchups here and there. I find Gator football to generally be very boring to watch (SEC in general, actually) and usually like to watch Miami get beat since their fans are extremely obnoxious. I remember Nebraska being good years ago but never cared for them. Unless they improve significantly or are matched up in a really game (similar to Wisconsin towards the end of last season) then I assure you very few people will care.

I can see that, but its still weird to me being a fan of college football in general for 30+ years that Nebraska would be such an afterthought. Teams like Notre Dame and Alabama had long stretches of years that they were really bad but Nebraska hasnt really suffered those depths. I suppose the lack of hardware is a big part of it, but as far as wins/losses it hasnt actually been that terrible. Kinda like Georgia during the late 90s and 00s or USC in the 80s: always there but not really someone that you would consider an elite program capable of making much of a difference nationally.

The teams I liked to watch has changed through the years. I used to like watching Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State, Pitt,Ohio State and the Florida teams. Nebraska not so much but I’m willing to bet I’ll watch a few this upcoming season. The Oregon teams and uniforms were fun to watch. Some teams I just hate. Usually because of their fans. Notre Dame comes to mind and now Nebraska. Louisville fans were scumbags too.

The loss of the Nebraska/Oklahoma game sucks for CFB. One of the great rivalries put out to pasture.

Reactions: ucflee
Teams like Notre Dame and Alabama had long stretches of years that they were really bad but Nebraska hasnt really suffered those depths.
When it comes to national recognition you're either in the top 10 or you don't exist. A team that is #8 one year and has 4 wins the next will be more well know than one that sits in the 20s every year.

EDIT: If it happened more than 10 years ago, 99% of casual fans don't remember.

I use to pull for UM in the 90s. UF when Tebow was there. Always UCF first though. If I'm watching a big game and there's a Florida team I pull for them except for USF :)

I lived in the Omaha area for three years, so I like and respect Nebraska overall. I really don't pay attention to specific teams outside of UCF, except to see if our conference mates are doing good to increase the strength of the conference.

The teams I liked to watch has changed through the years. I used to like watching Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State, Pitt,Ohio State and the Florida teams. Nebraska not so much but I’m willing to bet I’ll watch a few this upcoming season. The Oregon teams and uniforms were fun to watch. Some teams I just hate. Usually because of their fans. Notre Dame comes to mind and now Nebraska. Louisville fans were scumbags too.

Agreed on Louisville fans. They, IMO, are like Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, and Washington fans. All have had pretty decent success from time to time but act as though they are elite every year. Hell, Iowa can lose 7 games in a season but their fans will tell you that they were better than any 1 loss team in the country. Washington fans are almost as bad but they don't use the "well the big10 is so much better " argument.

I just really like watching and following college football in general and love it when a Boise st or TCU can play with the big boys because its so unexpected by the talking heads.

Dont you remember 97 when Culpepper came into lincoln and almost single handedly willled UCF to a win? Thats when I bacame a fan and they have been fun to follow ever since.
I remember them hanging with us until half time. Then we took over in the second half and cruised to victory.

I remember them hanging with us until half time. Then we took over in the second half and cruised to victory.
Yeah those were the days. Now we wouldn’t even say the same about Nobraska if we played them. They wouldn’t hang for a quarter. FCS talent.

Prior to the onslaught of cornhusker fans coming over here and being jackwagons, what were your feelings about nebraska?

I have a few teams that I've liked/respected for years like OSU, Texas (under Mack Brown), oklahoma, UCF, and Auburn. Do you guys like other teams around the country other than UCF, and was Nebrska one of them if so?
I was a pro football fan until I started following UCF. However, I remember the 1983 team with all of those stud players that were running ridiculous 40’s including lineman in what I thought was the greatest team of all time. I only cheered for up and coming Miami because they were such a huge underdog

After that, I didn’t really pay attention except knowing that they won a few National Championships in the 90’s and that Eric Crouch was a really fast QB Heisman trophy winner after that. I also remembered that I was shocked that Solich was fired winning 9 games a year

After that, honestly, Nobraska was like a Purdue or Northwestern for years to me.

Ever since Frost was hired, the jackass Trolls have ruined our relationship with Nobraska as they have had nothing but arrogance and a “we stole your coach you cocksuckers” attitude.

Honestly, since we won a NC it seems like UCF fans are more chill with the hire of Heupel and Shannon than Nobraska fans are with the anxiety of if Frost can save them or not. Turn it around

Additionally, I will be watching EVERY game and I’m not going to lie. I want Nobraska to lose them all solely because of the extreme arrogance displayed by their fans which IMO represents many of their attitudes to a degree

Reactions: Dwooderson
No offense but I didn't really know Nebraska even existed (like I'm sure most of your fans thought of us) other than the school that Suh graduated from.

As a side note though I only really paid attention to college football probably in mid or late 2000's. I dont actively root for other teams but I support Kansas State sometimes because they had the nicest fans I've ran into.

No offense but I didn't really know Nebraska even existed (like I'm sure most of your fans thought of us) other than the school that Suh graduated from.

As a side note though I only really paid attention to college football probably in mid or late 2000's. I dont actively root for other teams but I support Kansas State sometimes because they had the nicest fans I've ran into.
I don’t even equate Suh to them. Even though he’s a scumbag.

I was a pro football fan until I started following UCF. However, I remember the 1983 team with all of those stud players that were running ridiculous 40’s including lineman in what I thought was the greatest team of all time. I only cheered for up and coming Miami because they were such a huge underdog

After that, I didn’t really pay attention except knowing that they won a few National Championships in the 90’s and that Eric Crouch was a really fast QB Heisman trophy winner after that. I also remembered that I was shocked that Solich was fired winning 9 games a year

After that, honestly, Nobraska was like a Purdue or Northwestern for years to me.

Ever since Frost was hired, the jackass Trolls have ruined our relationship with Nobraska as they have had nothing but arrogance and a “we stole your coach you cocksuckers” attitude.

Honestly, since we won a NC it seems like UCF fans are more chill with the hire of Heupel and Shannon than Nobraska fans are with the anxiety of if Frost can save them or not. Turn it around

Additionally, I will be watching EVERY game and I’m not going to lie. I want Nobraska to lose them all solely because of the extreme arrogance displayed by their fans which IMO represents many of their attitudes to a degree

Well, i guess I cant really apologize for an entire fanbase but i really feel bad that a few jackwagons have soured you on nebraska. I guess it really doesn't matter because most fans only focus on their hometown team but it really is unfortunate that the few have represented the many in such poor form. I really dont have a lot of interaction with diehard UCF fans outside of this site but from my experience here it doesnt seem like there is much difference between us, from a fan standpoint or a personal standpoint (based on the watercooler). Either way, im happy to cheer for nebraska, ucf, and college football in general.

That’s cool. It’s just a completely different culture and way of thinking between fans of a traditional blue blood program trying to regain their old glory with the fans of an up and coming newly successful program trying to gain respect.

You're still my bitch.

i see ol mikey is still trolling. the same guy who made a bunch of ridiculous claims of what would and wouldnt happpen wants you to believe anything he says.. smh

i see ol mikey is still trolling. the same guy who made a bunch of ridiculous claims of what would and wouldnt happpen wants you to believe anything he says.. smh
SMH that you’re still trolling UCF after 8-10 months. Still envious and jealous. You want to be us so badly. You’re obsessed with UCF. Embarrassing. How’s it feel to be 4-8?

SMH that you’re still trolling UCF after 8-10 months. Still envious and jealous. You want to be us so badly. You’re obsessed with UCF. Embarrassing. How’s it feel to be 4-8?
Hey kid, why dont you try and figure out what trolling is. Weak and pathetic attempts of trying to get a rise out of me wont do you any good. We arent 4-8, we have the same record UCF has (granted we have a better coaching staff)

Hey kid, why dont you try and figure out what trolling is. Weak and pathetic attempts of trying to get a rise out of me wont do you any good. We arent 4-8, we have the same record UCF has (granted we have a better coaching staff)
You’ll be very lucky to get to 6-6 and the entire pathetic state and fanbase of Nobraska is going to have a meltdown when your savior can’t put whipped cream on dog shit and make ice cream out of it

Can’t wait until someone drops 50 on your great coaching staff

Broken record. Which is it? Can’t beat anyone or 6-6?
See when you’re 4-8 Blackshits and you’re trying to win an argument son, you just don’t have any leverage with the Nattys

It’s like an ugly girl trying to get into a fancy club in South Beach with expensive clothes, but she can’t pay the $50 cover. It’s just not going to get her anywhere. She just has to go home

ol mikey needs to respond to everything twice to try and censor and cover up the truth. Ol Mikey = Fake News

ol mikey needs to respond to everything twice to try and censor and cover up the truth. Ol Mikey = Fake News
That’s 3 responses now from a guy I can’t get a rise out of. Hahahaha

I’m so far in your head I can tell when you have to take a crap before you do.

See when you’re 4-8 Blackshits and you’re trying to win an argument son, you just don’t have any leverage with the Nattys

It’s like an ugly girl trying to get into a fancy club in South Beach with expensive clothes, but she can’t pay the $50 cover. It’s just not going to get her anywhere. She just has to go home
We have 5 National Championships. You have 0. You play in a weak conference. You will never play big boy football.

Honestly, since we won a NC

GettyImages-902747898_1515463922150_4784324_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Hi Mikki big fan. Which one of these is UCF, srs inquiry

Also, I noticed you used the term "we" when referring to the success of a organized team's efforts. What position did you play, and how are you handling the responsibilities of pursuing a degree and accumulating 11,000 posts on a message board on top of being a prominent athletic figure for this organization?

Last edited:
As an FSU fan just drive-by lurking I don't think this question was directed at me, but I'll add my 2 cents anyways.

I used to have "trip to watch game in Lincoln" on my CFB bucket list, but that's faded since the move to the Big 10. Seems like the culture/branding is off.

In my mind, the Cornhuskers should be going toe-to-toe with Texas, Oklahoma, etc. For whatever reason Nebraska vs Ohio State doesn't drum up the same nostalgia as Nebraska vs Oklahoma, etc.

As an FSU fan just drive-by lurking I don't think this question was directed at me, but I'll add my 2 cents anyways.

I used to have "trip to watch game in Lincoln" on my CFB bucket list, but that's faded since the move to the Big 10. Seems like the culture/branding is off.

In my mind, the Cornhuskers should be going toe-to-toe with Texas, Oklahoma, etc. For whatever reason Nebraska vs Ohio State doesn't drum up the same nostalgia as Nebraska vs Oklahoma, etc.
Oklahoma and Nebraska will play in consecutive seasons in 2021-22. Frost is restoring tradition and culture. Go ahead and put it back on your bucket list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT