ADVERTISEMENT

Just out of curiosity

We have 5 National Championships. You have 0. You play in a weak conference. You will never play big boy football.
Just did a quick read on Wikipedia of the 1997 season. Looks like Michigan was number 1 in both the AP Coaches polls (122.5 combined first place votes versus just 9.5 for Nebraska) heading into the bowls, and then was voted #1 in a landslide in the first post-bowl poll (AP), then a day later the coaches poll gave a razor thin margin to Nebraska (32 vs 30 first place votes, and just a 4 point total margin).

In other words Michigan was the clear number 1 team in 1997 and the coaches poll was given as a consolation prize to Nebraska only after Michigan was secured with the AP championship.

If you want to be consistent with your logic you should consider claiming 4 championships for Nebraska.

Edit: my real point here is that UCF isn't the only team out there with a split title.

Last edited:
I have to wholeheartedly agree with the FSU fan above.

I used to really respect Nebraska fans especially after the way they treated our team in 1997. It obviously has fallen off due to a few crazies that have infiltrated this board.

I will say that Nebraska has some of the biggest dbag players though...Suh, incognito, Phillips, Keller....

Reactions: Mikesi
Just did a quick read on Wikipedia of the 1997 season. Looks like Michigan was number 1 in both the AP Coaches polls (122.5 combined first place votes versus just 9.5 for Nebraska) heading into the bowls, and then was voted #1 in a landslide in the first post-bowl poll (AP), then a day later the coaches poll gave a razor thin margin to Nebraska (32 vs 30 first place votes, and just a 4 point total margin).

In other words Michigan was the clear number 1 team in 1997 and the coaches poll was given as a consolation prize to Nebraska only after Michigan was secured with the AP championship.

If you want to be consistent with your logic you should consider claiming 4 championships for Nebraska.

Edit: my real point here is that UCF isn't the only team out there with a split title.
So we have more then UCF and FSU combined?

Their 5 so-called national championships are no more or less valid than UCF's claim to the title this year. Somebody or some poll annointed Nebraska 5 times. Yippee! Until we have at least 8 teams or better yet 16 teams in a legitimate playoff with conference champs from all the conferences playing for the title , then until then the debate of a true national championship goes on. College football at the Division 1 level is the only sport on the planet where people still pick and vote for their champion. The entire system sucks.

We have 5 National Championships. You have 0. You play in a weak conference. You will never play big boy football.

Yea...your last title was 21 years ago, the year after UCF played it's first season of 1A/FBS football. Congratulations on that awesome accomplishment!

Nobraska hasn’t played big boy football since the current players were little boys like their program. Actually, most weren’t even born yet! Nobraska can’t compete in their conference and probably needs to play with the NIU’s of the world and concentrate on beating them first. Nobraska fans love to talk about ancient history, because that’s all they have. That’s why teams in their conference like Purdue and Minnesota are now ahead of them in recruiting and where the bar is set.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Frost is restoring tradition and culture. Go ahead and put it back on your bucket list.
What has he restored??? Add it or his bucket list?? Are you nuts?? Delusional.

Wouldn’t waste his time

Last edited:
I used to really respect Nebraska fans especially after the way they treated our team in 1997. It obviously has fallen off due to a few crazies that have infiltrated this board.

Nebraska is like all fan bases. The younger fans are more narcissistic and have less regard for tradition.

Even back in 1997/1998 when I was living near Omaha, I would talk to the season ticket holders I worked with about Nebraska's traditions, and how astounded I was at how friendly the people at the 1997 game were compared to other big name teams we had played before. They all pretty much said the same thing. The long time Nebraska fans thought it was important to maintain the reputation of good sportsmanship, but they said the younger fans didn't seem to care about that.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the FSU fan above.

I will say that Nebraska has some of the biggest dbag players though...Suh, incognito, Phillips, Keller....
Who is Keller?

Prior to the onslaught of cornhusker fans coming over here and being jackwagons, what were your feelings about nebraska?

I have a few teams that I've liked/respected for years like OSU, Texas (under Mack Brown), oklahoma, UCF, and Auburn. Do you guys like other teams around the country other than UCF, and was Nebrska one of them if so?
I thought/think Neb had its run, and that run was 20+ years ago.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The guy that sued EA sports regarding his likeness in the NCAA college football game. Almost singlehandedly ruined one of my favorite games.
The game is gone. He ruined it. The only reason that I would buy a PS.

Sounds like a d-bag to me

He was, but nowhere near the level of some other guys we had. Incognito was the worst, but at least he got kicked off the team for it. Frost wasnt a guy I liked to be around when he was a player either, just an arrogant prick quite honestly.

GettyImages-902747898_1515463922150_4784324_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Hi Mikki big fan. Which one of these is UCF, srs inquiry

Also, I noticed you used the term "we" when referring to the success of a organized team's efforts. What position did you play, and how are you handling the responsibilities of pursuing a degree and accumulating 11,000 posts on a message board on top of being a prominent athletic figure for this organization?

Seriously I will help you out, UCF is the team next to the number 1....

DdtzEX.png

Mz240g.png

Sp504s.png

DMvtXb.png

Any other questions?

Hey kid, why dont you try and figure out what trolling is. Weak and pathetic attempts of trying to get a rise out of me wont do you any good. We arent 4-8, we have the same record UCF has (granted we have a better coaching staff)

WTF? You can't be serious! Do you really believe that a UCF fan is trolling on a UCF forum???? If you honestly believe that he is trolling on his own teams forum then you really don't have a f*cking clue........

Nobraska hasn’t played big boy football since the current players were little boys like their program. Actually, most weren’t even born yet! Nobraska can’t compete in their conference and probably needs to play with the NIU’s of the world and concentrate on beating them first. Nobraska fans love to talk about ancient history, because that’s all they have. That’s why teams in their conference like Purdue and Minnesota are now ahead of them in recruiting and where the bar is set.
We beat you in recruiting and those teams you mentioned lol. You really are an idiot.

We would curb stomp Nobraska and those teams are now at your level, so you better be concerned. Check the rivals recruiting website you moron
I don’t know. You never say anything factually true. And you can’t even make up your mind on half the topics here.

Why should I care about the recruiting rankings when we have 7 months before signing day. Surely you’re not that big of a idiot not to realize that? We will finish ahead of Purdue and Minnesota as well as finish ahead of UCF.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Why are we talking about recruiting and act like it means anything? The only rankings that matter are the ones that are based on actual games.

Reactions: lawknight
Why are we talking about recruiting and act like it means anything? The only rankings that matter are the ones that are based on actual games.
Because I’m just typing complete nonsense quickly to string Blackshits along and he keeps taking the bait. He’s obsessed and a moron on a good day

Reactions: Crazyhole
I don’t know. You never say anything factually true. And you can’t even make up your mind on half the topics here.

Why should I care about the recruiting rankings when we have 7 months before signing day. Surely you’re not that big of a idiot not to realize that? We will finish ahead of Purdue and Minnesota as well as finish ahead of UCF.
I believe that Nobraska will lose 1-2 to Northwestern, Purdue and Minnesota and that will seal their fate for 2018

Because I’m just typing complete nonsense quickly to string Blackshits along and he keeps taking the bait. He’s obsessed and a moron on a good day
Impressive. I didnt think you had it in you.

9 wins minimum.

What are you basing this on? Is this just subjective banter? I haven't heard any credible outlet come up with a number near that. I see 5 wins, 6 if you can take down both Minn and Purdue. Of course, the other wins come against akron, colorado, troy, and illinois. I don't think Akron is automatic either. Troy beat a good team last year that was much better than you'll be. I'd say there's a better chance of 3 wins than 9, and 4 wins than 8. 7 is best case scenario because that means you'll have upset a clearly better team.

What are you basing this on? Is this just subjective banter? I haven't heard any credible outlet come up with a number near that. I see 5 wins, 6 if you can take down both Minn and Purdue. Of course, the other wins come against akron, colorado, troy, and illinois. I don't think Akron is automatic either. Troy beat a good team last year that was much better than you'll be. I'd say there's a better chance of 3 wins than 9, and 4 wins than 8. 7 is best case scenario because that means you'll have upset a clearly better team.

And I believe they predicted 6-7 wins last season based partially on the 9 wins during the previous season. How many games did they predict UCF to win?

I think Nebraska will win at least 7 games. They’ve had the top recruiting class in the division every year they’ve been in the Big Ten. They just had shitty coaches.

WTF? You can't be serious! Do you really believe that a UCF fan is trolling on a UCF forum???? If you honestly believe that he is trolling on his own teams forum then you really don't have a f*cking clue........
Ignorance isnt an excuse. Just because you two clearly do not understand the definition of trolling doesnt mean you/he is not. It doesnt matter what team the forum is for.

And I believe they predicted 6-7 wins last season based partially on the 9 wins during the previous season. How many games did they predict UCF to win?

I think Nebraska will win at least 7 games. They’ve had the top recruiting class in the division every year they’ve been in the Big Ten. They just had shitty coaches.
I don’t agree. 7 is the ceiling most likely. To win 8 will take a win against all of the teams that you should beat or are on your level AND
a major upset on the road. Can’t go by 2016

I don’t agree. 7 is the ceiling most likely. To win 8 will take a win against all of the teams that you should beat or are on your level AND
a major upset on the road. Can’t go by 2016

2016 was much less of an anomaly than 2017 was. We've fared very well against MSU and both MSU and Iowa games are later in the season when I think we'll be much improved after the players have been playing for a capable coaching staff for awhile. I see us beating 2 of Iowa, MSU, and the bowl opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT