ADVERTISEMENT

Just out of curiosity

I'm going to regret this, but I love the Nebraska guys jumping on our board. When I was going to school up in Missouri 20+ years ago and Nebraska was still a dominant team, and they had tons of fans in Missouri and probably still do, none of them knew or cared about UCF. Seems like we have their attention now. Every time you slam UCF and the American, you are slamming your own coach and minimizing his accomplishments. When you say anyone could win 10 games or more in the American, don't you realize you just paid $35 million to a coach, that in your own words, anyone could have accomplished what he did.
Exactly it’s dead without us

Here is my short list of dumbest and worthless posters who I have put on ignore. It is very refreshing and funny to only see one side of the conversation and filter out the dim witted comments. Great feature!

:joy:

Blackshirts forever
HeupelsThirdChin
NU_FTW
Triggered??? lmfao i havent even been rude. Amusing!

Triggered??? lmfao i havent even been rude. Amusing!
Why don’t you go back and read a few of your posts. You’ve been nothing but a rude, condescending, douchebag. A complete co__sucker attitude. Typical Cornholio. “What did I do wrong?” Why don’t you go back to your own board and use all your great skills and knowledge on fans who MIGHT care what you have to say? Why are you here anyway? To talk college football??? No. We stole your coach! We stole your coach!! Get a life!

Last edited:
I'm going to regret this, but I love the Nebraska guys jumping on our board
Ha. Don’t regret it at all. It’s our board. The guy Blackshirts/Heupelsthirdchin is a schizophrenic. He has to be 2 posters now and respond to no one or himself. Even his own Nobraska buddies don’t want to claim him.

He’s a delusional, deranged troll. He’s mentally ill, so you’ll just get tired and bored of continuously making sense of what he is saying and thinking rationally when he isn’t capable of that. Rehashing the same crap over and over again. Embarrassing himself.

Just wait until the season unfolds and they can see for themselves what they paid $35 million for. Personally, they paid for Frost and that’s fine, but they never talk about Chinander and the defense. Hmmmm. Nobraska Trolls are here because they need validation. Some are just douchebags. They are extremely anxious over the possibility of their savior failing and refuse to think that’s possible. If he fails. Game over for NGEBRASKA.

Most trolls when they are on another team’s board and getting trashed day and night get the message and eventually go away. Mentally I’ll people don’t see that. That’s why he’s on ignore. It’s pointless to argue with someone who’s cuckoo.

Last edited:
I didn't really care about Nebraska. I thought it was a team that was past its prime and a fanbase that held on to the good old days like Notre Dame and Michigan(but with less academic clout).

I did, however, think that Nebraskans were good people, still do. I just think they become irrational when discussing contemporary football and where Nebraska exists in the current landscape.
Saying a team is "past their prime is silly and illogical. Every team once dominant goes through low periods. OU, FL, USC, Alabama, Ohio St, It is the ebb and flow of sports. No team can dominate for decades. Just because a team is down doesn't mean they will always be. The question is can a team once dominant consistently return and how long should it take. I have no idea the average length of down periods for teams.
They have had success in the 70s and 90s. If they don't turn in around soon it might be to late. Can Frost bring them back? If he can't, I don't think anyone can. At that point they may very well be past their prime and will forever be a middle of the pack team.
As far as my thought on Nebraska. I remember watching a few of their games in the 90s here and there. Thinking they were a dominant team. Since then I haven't really paid attention to them, just as the other middle of the pack teams. People only care about their own team and teams in the top 10

Last edited:
Every team has runs of dominance and fall offs. USC, Alabama, Ohio St, Florida, ect. It is the normal ebof sports

Saying a team is "past their prime is silly and illogical. Every team once dominant goes through low periods. OU, FL, USC, Alabama, Ohio St, It is the ebb and flow of sports. No team can dominate for decades. Just because a team is down doesn't mean they will always be. The question is can a team once dominant consistently return and how long should it take. They have had success in the 70s and 90s. If they don't turn in around soon it might be to late. Can Frost bring them back? If he can't, I don't think anyone can. At that point they may very well be past their prime and will forever be a middle of the pack team.
The rules about walk-ons and scholly limitations has negatively affected Nebraska's ability to recruit like they did back in the blackshirt walk-on days.

Used to be that every county in Nebraska could "sponsor" one walk-on player to the team. Essentially each county paid for one athlete to be on the team, NU basically had about 150+ players on the roster. NCAA changed the rules to limit the rosters to 85 scholly players, which negatively affected the blackshirt (walk-on) program.

They've been average since then. I also think their move to the B1G affected their ability to recruit nationally. Texas kids were no longer going to Nebraska, etc...since they wouldn't be playing games in Texas.

Nebraska has been living on past accolades for some time. I think had they stayed in the Big12 they would have stayed more relevant. All their natural rivals were in the Big12. Texas made it hard on them staying in the Big12 though. Texas has never been good conference mates, and demanded unbalanced payouts to offset how important they were to the conference. OU I think was the only other team who had the unbalanced payments as well. It was why Nebraska, Colorado, aTm, and Mizzou left the Big12.

Reactions: ucfast00
The rules about walk-ons and scholly limitations has negatively affected Nebraska's ability to recruit like they did back in the blackshirt walk-on days.

Used to be that every county in Nebraska could "sponsor" one walk-on player to the team. Essentially each county paid for one athlete to be on the team, NU basically had about 150+ players on the roster. NCAA changed the rules to limit the rosters to 85 scholly players, which negatively affected the blackshirt (walk-on) program.

They've been average since then. I also think their move to the B1G affected their ability to recruit nationally. Texas kids were no longer going to Nebraska, etc...since they wouldn't be playing games in Texas.

Nebraska has been living on past accolades for some time. I think had they stayed in the Big12 they would have stayed more relevant. All their natural rivals were in the Big12. Texas made it hard on them staying in the Big12 though. Texas has never been good conference mates, and demanded unbalanced payouts to offset how important they were to the conference. OU I think was the only other team who had the unbalanced payments as well. It was why Nebraska, Colorado, aTm, and Mizzou left the Big12.

Just to clarify, the county scholarship thing was always just a joke that we pulled on people from other states. It was never a real thing but we tried to convince people it was our loophole around scholly limits just for fun. What really affected nebraska's ability to recruit was that when we joined the Big 12 we could no longer take partial qualifiers.

Just to clarify, the county scholarship thing was always just a joke that we pulled on people from other states. It was never a real thing but we tried to convince people it was our loophole around scholly limits just for fun. What really affected nebraska's ability to recruit was that when we joined the Big 12 we could no longer take partial qualifiers.
Ah...appreciate the response. Yeah, as an Okie we were always fed the walk-on and county by county info. I wasnt aware of the partial qualifier rule being a thing at NU. Little bit surprised they would have ever allowed that. So, what do you feel about recruiting with the B1G tag? You feel it helps or hurts when compared to the Big12, from the Husker perspective?

Ah...appreciate the response. Yeah, as an Okie we were always fed the walk-on and county by county info. I wasnt aware of the partial qualifier rule being a thing at NU. Little bit surprised they would have ever allowed that. So, what do you feel about recruiting with the B1G tag? You feel it helps or hurts when compared to the Big12, from the Husker perspective?
Honestly, I dont think it has made any difference in recruiting going to the B1G. Nebraskas coaches were hamstrung by the administration as far as recruiting budgets and associates were involved over the last few years, but in general its all been pretty consistent for several decades.

The partial qualifier thing sucks, quite honestly. It was ended in 96 when the Big 8 added the Texas schools and they sought to even the playing field. Nebraska had several kids come through under the old rules and get the academic support that they otherwise wouldn't have and were turned into All americans and even a Heisman trophy winner along with getting a college degree.

Ha. Don’t regret it at all. It’s our board. The guy Blackshirts/Heupelsthirdchin is a schizophrenic. He has to be 2 posters now and respond to no one or himself. Even his own Nobraska buddies don’t want to claim him.

He’s a delusional, deranged troll. He’s mentally ill, so you’ll just get tired and bored of continuously making sense of what he is saying and thinking rationally when he isn’t capable of that. Rehashing the same crap over and over again. Embarrassing himself.

Just wait until the season unfolds and they can see for themselves what they paid $35 million for. Personally, they paid for Frost and that’s fine, but they never talk about Chinander and the defense. Hmmmm. Nobraska Trolls are here because they need validation. Some are just douchebags. They are extremely anxious over the possibility of their savior failing and refuse to think that’s possible. If he fails. Game over for NGEBRASKA.

Most trolls when they are on another team’s board and getting trashed day and night get the message and eventually go away. Mentally I’ll people don’t see that. That’s why he’s on ignore. It’s pointless to argue with someone who’s cuckoo.

Agree and Disagree. He is not a typical Nebraska fan. But if Frost can't turn them around, they know they are the new Minnesota. Great a long time ago, but that was a long time ago. Nebraska's old pipeline to New Jersey seems a bit stretched with Rutgers joining the Big 10, also Penn State in the Big 10 will make it even harder to get those kids. Maybe Frost can capitalize on connections he made in Florida, but he was only here for two years, not sure his connections are that strong. Then again some of his assistants had been down here for a while. So maybe he can get some Florida kids. He better, or he will be unemployed in 3-4 years. Maybe he still has good connections on the west coast. I don't wish ill on him and I do wish him success, he did bring us our 1st National Championship.

Honestly, I think if he returns to his roots, Nebraska will be very successful. Triple option football.

I really don't know what to think about Chinander. I want to bash his defensive philosophy. But when you play against good spread offenses you have to realize the other guys are going to make plays. The first game against Memphis the d played well. The 2nd time they were sucking wind and giving up big play after big play (but I heard he had already packed his boxes before the game). Whatever good d we had in the AAC title game I credit the players and not the DC. He looked like Charlie Strong at Louisville. I don't think we upgraded on gameday either. Our new DC isn't much better. They never adjusted to the jet sweep against LSU, and it cost them the game (one of the few Gator games I watched). Shannon is a better recruiter though, so call it a wash. Although, I bet right now he is looking at the classifieds and seeing what head coaching jobs look to be vacant at the end of the season. Not sure he ever unpacked his bags. But I hope I am wrong.

Agree and Disagree. He is not a typical Nebraska fan. But if Frost can't turn them around, they know they are the new Minnesota. Great a long time ago, but that was a long time ago. Nebraska's old pipeline to New Jersey seems a bit stretched with Rutgers joining the Big 10, also Penn State in the Big 10 will make it even harder to get those kids. Maybe Frost can capitalize on connections he made in Florida, but he was only here for two years, not sure his connections are that strong. Then again some of his assistants had been down here for a while. So maybe he can get some Florida kids. He better, or he will be unemployed in 3-4 years. Maybe he still has good connections on the west coast. I don't wish ill on him and I do wish him success, he did bring us our 1st National Championship.

Honestly, I think if he returns to his roots, Nebraska will be very successful. Triple option football.

I really don't know what to think about Chinander. I want to bash his defensive philosophy. But when you play against good spread offenses you have to realize the other guys are going to make plays. The first game against Memphis the d played well. The 2nd time they were sucking wind and giving up big play after big play (but I heard he had already packed his boxes before the game). Whatever good d we had in the AAC title game I credit the players and not the DC. He looked like Charlie Strong at Louisville. I don't think we upgraded on gameday either. Our new DC isn't much better. They never adjusted to the jet sweep against LSU, and it cost them the game (one of the few Gator games I watched). Shannon is a better recruiter though, so call it a wash. Although, I bet right now he is looking at the classifieds and seeing what head coaching jobs look to be vacant at the end of the season. Not sure he ever unpacked his bags. But I hope I am wrong.

Nebraska's gotten around 2 kids from Florida per year for decades. Maybe Frost will average 3. California has been about 3 per year. Texas used to be 4 per year when we were in the Big 12, now 3 per year. This is how it's always been for Nebraska though. We get a bunch of walk ons and then add talent from all over the place and end up with a recruiting class somewhere from 15-35 every year.

I'm not sold on Chinander, but I am sold on him being better than our past 2 disasters. And when your offense runs 90 plays per game, the defense is going to give up more points to the opposing team. I know almost nothing about Shannon except that I had heard of him. Honestly after going through Diaco and Banker, I'd be happy if our defense is in the top 50.

Shannon is a good coach and better suited for a coordinator job than as head coach. I'm willing to bet he sticks around Orlando for a while.

Reactions: UCFBS
Shannon is a good coach and better suited for a coordinator job than as head coach. I'm willing to bet he sticks around Orlando for a while.
He is a good defensive coordinator. However His defense has been very suspect lately. WHen he was DC for Miami his defense was second to none. Usually ranked in the top 10 Nationally.

But when he became head coach that ended. Last year, his defense was terrible c giving up 33 to Michigan who did not have a good offense. Later gave up 38, 42 and 45 points in games. Which never should have happened with the talent he was working with. But I can’t fully blame him for Florida’s terrible defense. McElwain had a lot to do with it.

He can stick around for 2 or 3 years with a lot less pressure as a DC, be part of his son's college football career, and make $1.3M a year to boot.....Why wouldn't he stick around!

Reactions: Mikesi

The issue I have with Chins was not his defensive scheme but rather his lack of focus and emphasis on fundamentals. This first play against SMU tells all...the pitiful Ole tackling is unacceptable and embarrassing!

Reactions: Mikesi
He can stick around for 2 or 3 years with a lot less pressure as a DC, be part of his son's college football career, and make $1.3M a year to boot.....Why wouldn't he stick around!
Exactly. Doubt that he will leave before his son. How many years is UF paying him for as well?

He is a good defensive coordinator. However His defense has been very suspect lately. WHen he was DC for Miami his defense was second to none. Usually ranked in the top 10 Nationally.

But when he became head coach that ended. Last year, his defense was terrible c giving up 33 to Michigan who did not have a good offense. Later gave up 38, 42 and 45 points in games. Which never should have happened with the talent he was working with. But I can’t fully blame him for Florida’s terrible defense. McElwain had a lot to do with it.

Those Miami offenses had pro-style athletes who were real pros. They could move the ball with a vanilla look. Similarly, the Miami defenses had tons of Pro-bowlers (Taylor, Reed, Vilma, Wilfork, et al) and may have been the best defenses in our lifetime, that was a product of recruitment. Randy is closer to his home recruitment base and has a better product to sell to the south Florida kids. If Randy wants to be a successful head coach, he needs to focus on the FAU job

The issue I have with Chins was not his defensive scheme but rather his lack of focus and emphasis on fundamentals. This first play against SMU tells all...the pitiful Ole tackling is unacceptable and embarrassing!

That was a product of trying to keep guys healthy and limiting contact in camp. You have to practice live tackling in order to be good at it.

ADVERTISEMENT