ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Hodges arrested

Unless those charges are dropped, he can kiss football goodbye.

This team is a sinking ship. Thanks Gus

Reactions: LoboCane
Unless those charges are dropped, he can kiss football goodbye.

This team is a sinking ship. Thanks Gus
the ex girlfriend of the victim jfc she crazy …her involvement makes it not as random but when firearms are involved there is probably no way out of this . a disturbing story

Reactions: PhDee
Man, why do people do such stupid shit for crazy women? This is so bad for this guy, he’s going to face some serious jail time due to the firearm involvement. Life as he knows it is over, he’ll be a felon the rest of his life whenever he gets out.

Man, why do people do such stupid shit for crazy women? This is so bad for this guy, he’s going to face some serious jail time due to the firearm involvement. Life as he knows it is over, he’ll be a felon the rest of his life whenever he gets out.
Testosterone makes men stupid, and logic can go out the window at any time

And how do you blame Gus for this exactly? Lmfao you haters are ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♂️
I blame Gus because we lost 4 starters to the portal and now 5. I'm upset with that.

How do you all not see how bad our record is going to be next year? That's what I'm upset about.

I blame Gus because we lost 4 starters to the portal and now 5. I'm upset with that.

How do you all not see how bad our record is going to be next year? That's what I'm upset about.
All Heupel recruits btw and this seems to be the new normal so get used to it. Coaches all over the country are experiencing the portal exits, but also the portal additions. Besides, the 2 DB “starters” we lost got roasted and toasted regularly. At least we don’t have to see Hodges blow another coverage or miss another tackle.

Reactions: beelit47
Hope he learns a lot from this. Can't believe at any point you would think that was a good idea. Another scholarship slot opens for a DB! Better talent forthcoming. All Hodges did was mostly get burned anyways. I thought he should have gotten a NIL deal with the Shands Burn Center in Gainesville.

I hope the young man gets exactly what he deserves out of this. Hopefully he learns from it and goes on to have a productive life once clear of things.

Reactions: mattropolis
4th year in a row a player is arrested, coincidentally all defensive players.

All Heupel recruits btw and this seems to be the new normal so get used to it. Coaches all over the country are experiencing the portal exits, but also the portal additions. Besides, the 2 DB “starters” we lost got roasted and toasted regularly. At least we don’t have to see Hodges blow another coverage or miss another tackle.
True, but I don't think them being huepels recruits is an excuse.

You have players and he needs to figure out how to use them. Gus can't just come in and say, not my players, not my problem.

True, teams across country have exits. And I know this is expected. I'm just telling y'all right now, we're probably winning 5-6 games next year. And having starters leave isn't helping.

This team has now lost 10 starters from last year: Lee, O'Keefe, Swoboda, Jackson, Montalvo, Brown, Wilson, JJB, MK, and now Hodges.

And most people here are saying, Trust Gus and let him cook. Please tell me what y'all are seeing because all I am seeing are L's

"Surveillance video showed the subjects entering and exiting the complex, and the discarded clothing was found on a nearby breezeway, detectives said. According to police, the clothes were issued to Hodges from a local university athletic team."

I would have gladly taken his UCF gear had he just offered.

"Police are still searching for the other two men involved in the robbery. "

I hope they aren't football players as well.

Yes, this is so very sad. It seems we have taught our children very well with regard to always making good choices. My prayers go out for him.

This team has now lost 10 starters from last year: Lee, O'Keefe, Swoboda, Jackson, Montalvo, Brown, Wilson, JJB, MK, and now Hodges.

And most people here are saying, Trust Gus and let him cook. Please tell me what y'all are seeing because all I am seeing are L's
When you take it all together it doesn't look great does it?

Reactions: PhDee
4th year in a row a player is arrested, coincidentally all defensive players.
The Defense really hasn’t recovered since that incident where they got pulled over on Campus that resulted in multiple defensive players leaving/getting kicked out of UCF

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee

You blame Gus about multiple crimes committed all over some damn clothes? You have a strange opinion about how law enforcement works.....

When you take it all together it doesn't look great does it?
That's the college game from now until something changes. Get used to it.

# of players from P5 schools going into the portal for 2023 (from one 247 article from Dec 6th, when the portal first opened, so you know this number has gone up for almost every team since then):
Arizona, Tennessee, Texas - 7
Vandy, Missouri, ASU, Loserville, Oklahoma, Wazzou, Ole Miss, Clemson, UNC - 8/9
Texas A&M, VaTech, Maryland - 10/11
Arkansas - 13

You can imagine this number is generally higher for non-P5 schools. Just because you go into the portal, doesn't mean you leave the portal either. Some of these kids are not making good choices.

Looks like our need for a hybrid S/LB just increased (even including the big guy from ECU).

To follow up on the point made by Matt, I look through the portal every day (mostly at QBs) but when I saw 5 Temple players in a row last week I was curious to see how bad a low level G5 team in a good G5 conference is doing:

Players Lost - 21
Players Added - 7

That's the college game from now until something changes. Get used to it.

# of players from P5 schools going into the portal for 2023 (from one 247 article from Dec 6th, when the portal first opened, so you know this number has gone up for almost every team since then):
Arizona, Tennessee, Texas - 7
Vandy, Missouri, ASU, Loserville, Oklahoma, Wazzou, Ole Miss, Clemson, UNC - 8/9
Texas A&M, VaTech, Maryland - 10/11
Arkansas - 13

You can imagine this number is generally higher for non-P5 schools. Just because you go into the portal, doesn't mean you leave the portal either. Some of these kids are not making good choices.
All those players were starters? Arkansas lost 13 starters?

No, just players....you would have to look up the stats for each guy or be familiar with their program to figure that out.
That's what I figured, I don't think many teams lost 10 starters with the majority being not out of eligibility/declared for NFL.

You blame Gus about multiple crimes committed all over some damn clothes? You have a strange opinion about how law enforcement works.....
I blame Gus the exodus we've had. I don't blame Gus for Hodges doing what he did. But I do blame Gus for what seems to be a lack of morale in the locker room.

I will say that the last two recruiting classes look promising, so he deserves that.

But maybe this is what has to happen. Maybe the Huepels players are pissed with the coaching change. Maybe they are the problem!!

And maybe this is the only way through, to get them off the team. Downside is, we're going to get crushed next year

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaes
I blame Gus the exodus we've had. I don't blame Gus for Hodges doing what he did. But I do blame Gus for what seems to be a lack of morale in the locker room.

I will say that the last two recruiting classes look promising, so he deserves that.

But maybe this is what has to happen. Maybe the Huepels players are pissed with the coaching change. Maybe they are the problem!!

And maybe this is the only way through, to get them off the team. Downside is, we're going to get crushed next year
Maybe.

Honestly it doesn't matter who is on the team come 2023 season, it's gonna be a bumpy ride our first year in the B12. We'd have to sign every stud from the portal and even then you have to wait for folks to gel.

All those players were starters? Arkansas lost 13 starters?
No. That's just total players. I see where he went, though.

There's a lot to look at. The consensus is there is churn, and programs have to deal with. A lot more churn than is manageable. Hopefully when the NCAA straightens-out kids transferring constantly (they are instituting one immediate transfer, and after that you have to sit s year), and setting up the portal and recruiting to not overlap, schools should have a much better time managing their rosters. Right now it is chaos.

As the OP indicated, "For instance, Lee, O'Keefe, Swoboda, Jackson, Montalvo, Brown, Wilson, JJB, MK, and now Hodges"...well:
1) Lee left for money. Also, we had huge attrition on the OL due to graduation. I guess he figured starting at Miami wouldn't be that different than starting for us, except he is also getting paid...or paid more.
2) O'Keefe left for whatever reason (B.C. Don't really know how this is going to better showcase his talent but his choice; He will get a nice grad degree if he chooses to. I hope he just didn't transfer there for football).
3) Swoboda was a one year guy. He graduated.
4) Jackson graduated.
5) Montalvo graduated.
6) Brown left for money.
7) Wilson graduated.
8) JJB left for whatever reason (Ole Miss).
9) MK left for playing time. Can't really say he is the starter. He was the starter...after the starters got hurt. Obviously is a great backup but he wants to start so he left. I got no problem with that. He's got experience and wants to push himself. He picked a program (Fresno State) that seems like a good fit as well.
10) Hodges got arrested and kicked off the team.

I don't see anything that strange, considering the conditions of college football right now. What's so abnormal about this in the current atmosphere?

I mean, comparing two sports isn't exactly apples to apples but in basketball we lost 7 roster guys last year and we are losing at least 7 roster guys again after this season. I looked at Memphis and they are losing at least 11 guys off their roster. You heard correct, 11 of like 15 players are Senior/Rs-Sr's. College sports is a mess because kids can flip all over the place at any time. The pendulum needs to swing back a little bit for programs so there can be some continuity. As I see it, the only continuity is going to be at the programs that are already elite, because they are already getting in too much elite talent, and then if they do have any holes they can go out to some school and grab their best player, basically.

I am actually kind of shocked more programs haven't picked up on what Cincy basically did, whether planned or not, and are employing that. Their backup QB behind Ridder transferred Ridder's Senior season to Eastern Michigan. He played there as the starter, then transferred back to Cincy in 2022 and was the starter until he got hurt. They basically used Eastern Michigan as their AAA affiliate to get a player playing time. I'm surprised more programs aren't trying this, whether it works out for them or not (that is to say there is nothing binding about it, but with NIL you can make that happen). I mean who is to say a dufflebag of money isn't dropped off for the kid at some point, and there is more where that came from when you transfer back to the original school. The kid just has to be able to keep their mouth shut about it, which is a tall task with a young person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wings0fred
ADVERTISEMENT