ADVERTISEMENT

Kaepernick just lost me again (like with the 'pig socks') ...

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Okay, if this is true, K just lost me (again) ...

QUOTE: 'On Wednesday, we sent Colin's representatives a standard liability waiver based on the waiver used by National Invitational Camp at all NFL Combines and by NFL clubs when trying out free agent players. At noon today, Colin's representatives sent a completely rewritten and insufficient waiver.'

Short version: K is unwilling to sign something an employer requires on everyone, right or wrong, it's everyone. It's not discrimination of just him, or a group of employees, but all.

Long version ...
I understand K might not like the waiver. And he can fully disagree with it. He can make it about disagreeing with the waiver, and what the NFL does. If that's the case, so be it.

He can even explain it's 'exploitative,' and ask Congress to investigate, as well as launch lawsuits -- both of which the NFL PA and even K himself have.

But European-Americans players sign the same waiver. So do Hispanic-Americans. So do many others. So at some point, the _'discrimination'_ and _'singled out'_ doesn't fly.

It's not just K or just African-Americans, it's *all* players, if that is the case. So ... this is where I keep saying, K can be himself, but don't use the race card.

Use another one, like *all* players are being exploited or other things. Make that case, not this. Everyone signs that waiver. Maybe they shouldn't. But they do. It's not just you. It's not just black players.

Your agent(s) should have explained this. Maybe they did. And you decided to use it. Don't know. Only your agent(s) and lawyer(s) know. But this is a really bad look from my vantage point.

So you lost me, just like when you wore 'pig socks' ... don't care any more. Or let me re-phrase, I care ... but there's a lot of 'discrimination' far more worthy going on out there. Make the case for 'exploitation' in general if you want.

But not this BS. The waiver is the waiver, and everyone signs it. You don't have to, but make it about that ... for *everyone*, European, Hispanic, et al. Americans playing the game too.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I don't blame Kaep for being skeptical of the NFL. He has been through a lot with the organization. However, he doesn't do himself any favors by the way he acts. Moving the tryout right before it was supposed to start to over an hour away and wearing the Kunte Kinte shirt just makes him look arrogant. Micheal Vick was able to come back after doing horrible things because he kept his head down and worked. Kaep's hubris is keeping him from playing again.

He is talented enough to be a backup somewhere and maybe a starter a few places, but why would an NFL team take a chance on him when he could do more harm than good? Maholmes and Lamar Jackson could kneel all day and their teams would be accept it, but those are QBs that add so much value that any blowback would be worth it.

At this point it looks like Kaep is pushing his brand and not really interested in the NFL.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I don't blame Kaep for being skeptical of the NFL. He has been through a lot with the organization. However, he doesn't do himself any favors by the way he acts. Moving the tryout right before it was supposed to start to over an hour away and wearing the Kunte Kinte shirt just makes him look arrogant. Micheal Vick was able to come back after doing horrible things because he kept his head down and worked. Kaep's hubris is keeping him from playing again.

He is talented enough to be a backup somewhere and maybe a starter a few places, but why would an NFL team take a chance on him when he could do more harm than good? Maholmes and Lamar Jackson could kneel all day and their teams would be accept it, but those are QBs that add so much value that any blowback would be worth it.

At this point it looks like Kaep is pushing his brand and not really interested in the NFL.

His brand is victimhood so this is exactly within his "brand awareness" strategy.

Get everything you wanted from the NFL then refuse to show up while blaming everyone else for picking on poor little Colin. He's a total pansy.

he doesnt want to play and hasnt wanted to play for several years now. nike was dumb enough to sign him so hes getting a good pay check doing nothing. i dont want to hear about him anymore.

I feel for his elite struggles. Must be tough being a douche and super wealthy and playing a victim at the same time.

Reactions: UCFWayne

I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He chose to use his platform as an NFL player to push politics. He is living with the consequences. Living quite well and I also can't shake the feeling that this move is just a publicity stunt to make his name relevant again so that he can capitalize monetarily.

I've looked for actual evidence to back up his claim that the NFL actively colluded against him rather than the 32 teams independently coming to the conclusion that his value outweighed the political storm that he brings to the team and haven't found it. What I've found are plenty of articles citing the dismissal of the request for summary judgement from the NFL as if that proves collusion. From what I understand, that is just pro forma for this type of case; it doesn't prove anything but rather says that the lawsuit has enough merit to go to trial. The NFL settled fairly quickly rather than go through the legal process which would be expensive, disruptive, and a PR nightmare. Now that both sides have a confidentiality agreement, I don't think that we'll ever get the evidence proving that there was league-wide collusion against Kaep, if such evidence exists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT