ADVERTISEMENT

Kam Martin, Running Backs Coach

Yaes

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2017
Any thoughts on the hire of Kam Martin as the Running Backs Coach? I know he was a successful RB under Malsahn at Auburn but don't know much about his coaching career.

Any thoughts on the hire of Kam Martin as the Running Backs Coach? I know he was a successful RB under Malsahn at Auburn but don't know much about his coaching career.
He was a mid at Auburn. One year analyst at UCF and one year at Incarnate World. A cheap hire by a broke athletics program. Those are the facts. What fairy tale are you expecting to read?

• Haha
Reactions: I ABear I
He was a mid at Auburn. One year analyst at UCF and one year at Incarnate World. A cheap hire by a broke athletics program. Those are the facts. What fairy tale are you expecting to read?
Just leave man. UM has been shit since Virginia dropped 40+ on them at the last orange bowl game. What was that 15 years ago.

....Checking the Carnell Williams file...

BEFORE GUS

"He (Carnell) was Henderson State's running backs coach in 2015, then spent one season at West Georgia. He spent the past two seasons coaching running backs for IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida."

AFTER GUS

"Cadillac has given something Auburn fans haven't truly felt since the end of the 2021-22 men's basketball season: Happiness. There is arguably no one better to fill the role of head coach that perfectly describes the Tigers' need for a good 'culture fit.' "

--30--

Upon further review, I think Kam Martin will be

pleased eric cartman GIF by South Park

Cool, but extremely irrelevant anecdote by the same dude that was forecasting Malhazan to take a RB coach from Kentucky - same guy who predicted Malhazan would hire “an elite RB coach”. Cool story bruh.

I like the hire. I like his Texas roots. He should be good at recruiting and still semi-young and can relate to younger players. Plus, he already knows Gus's Offense philosophies. I wish him success!

Reality is just hilarious. U Miami, the lesser of the Miami schools, lost an ex-UCF RB as a coach, and now has to hire an UCF RB coach to help them out. Is it not hilarious? Thank you Miami for completely establishing yourselves as our B***h.

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
Cool, but extremely irrelevant anecdote by the same dude that was forecasting Malhazan to take a RB coach from Kentucky - same guy who predicted Malhazan would hire “an elite RB coach”. Cool story bruh.
Imma be real with ya brah. You or I would be an ELITE RB Coach under Malzahn (Of course you would turn off recruits talking nonsense about Miami being relevant). All the job requires is a pulse. ELITE running backs FLOCK to play in Gus's system. I cannot say that about every offensive position, but I won't be losing any sleep over who's coaching running backs for Gus Malzahn.

That's the real reason Super Mario plucked a guy off the staff of "latter day John Heisman" Gus Malzahn--and it had nothing to do with money.

Last edited:
  • Haha
This Auburn Legacy character uses BigGameBoomer as a reference point. You can’t even make it up. Dude is making edits from his basement and some fans list him as some kind of an expert source.

Proof will be in the pudding...see you canes next year. Hope you guys can make a bowl game. Maybe you should schedule duh*bulls for a rivalry. They lookin'...

Does a RB coach even really matter? I can’t recall any RB coach in the nation outside of 24k, and that’s only b/c he’s our guy. Outside of recruiting, I don’t see them as a difference maker. Give me a young guy like Kam Martin over most, we’ll be alright.

Reactions: I ABear I
This Auburn Legacy character uses BigGameBoomer as a reference point. You can’t even make it up. Dude is making edits from his basement and some fans list him as some kind of an expert source.
Enjoy our leftovers and the high step (lose a step) tactic that Harris employed, for whatever reason. It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen taught to RBs. It was only this past year too, not the year before, did anyone else notice this? Literally before they got the ball they were obviously all taught a high step first step. Caveat, I liked him and he can recruit but UM should be able to recruit itself at RB in SFL. I also think whatever he was teaching with that first step high step totally F*d Bowser in my opinion.

Proof will be in the pudding...see you canes next year. Hope you guys can make a bowl game. Maybe you should schedule duh*bulls for a rivalry. They lookin'...
No doubt, the proof will be in the pudding. I guess we will know soon enough won't we?

Enjoy our leftovers and the high step (lose a step) tactic that Harris employed, for whatever reason. It was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen taught to RBs. It was only this past year too, not the year before, did anyone else notice this? Literally before they got the ball they were obviously all taught a high step first step. Caveat, I liked him and he can recruit but UM should be able to recruit itself at RB in SFL. I also think whatever he was teaching with that first step high step totally F*d Bowser in my opinion.
Wow, I never noticed the high step. I will have to go back and watch recordings.

Super Mario Christoball Coaching Tree
Lonely Ghost Town GIF

Gus Malzahn Coaching Tree
Music Video Falling GIF by Peter Bjorn and John

• Haha
Best part of B12 status you ask?…..being able to settle all of This message board dialogue ON THE FIELD!!!! Charge On!!!
JWB!!!

Gus Malzahn lands brother of star NFL RB, see where UCF football recruiting class ranks now​

Story by Chris Boyle, Daytona Beach News-Journal •1d

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT