ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping fans in the seat

PositYourself

Bronze Knight
Dec 28, 2021
Was just watching highlights from our 45-3 thumping of OKST.

It was a bit sad to see both endzones half-empty, vs. a #15 team in the nation.

What can be done about it folks?

To be fair it was an absolute downpour, and pretty sure it came down more than once. Success on the field doesn't help, even Bama has struggled with student attendance, fans staying for the whole game, etc. Its a culture thing, not sure how you fix that without it coming from within the fan base itself. Or live in a BFE town where nothing else is going on.

To be fair it was an absolute downpour, and pretty sure it came down more than once. Success on the field doesn't help, even Bama has struggled with student attendance, fans staying for the whole game, etc. Its a culture thing, not sure how you fix that without it coming from within the fan base itself. Or live in a BFE town where nothing else is going no
this is part of it . Happens more at USC than Nebraska

but a lot of the problem at UCF is weather ..over half the season is the worst stretch of weather of the calendar year for Orlando and not much has been done to make the stadium cooler. fans are more fickle and would rather head to that sports bar w AC if they are baking or soaked

Students now being able to reserve their seat online should help w the student section problem

We can buy buckets of 3Ms Marine Fast Cure UV 5200 sealant adhesive and before the game starts paint those seats with the clear version of it. In about 20-30 minutes the fans will be permanently adhered to the seats. They will literally have to remove their clothes to get out of their seats. I know it's a bit extreme and 5200 ain't cheap either, but it will send a message loud and clear.

If that won't work maybe hand out free Florida Lottery $1 scratches in the 4th quarter.

If that is not possible , offer 100 students vouchers for up to $250 in free text books in the spring semester.

The fact is people are people and nobody can make them stay . I think winning free books , $100 meal plan card or other stuff for students could help. My 5200 idea though is gold . 😆

Reactions: Oldest Man
A little rain? Husker fans have been known to watch a game during a frickin' snow storm. Go ahead and cue the old 'nothing else to do there' line, it's all about a fanbase's level of commitment to their program.
Alabama has this exact same problem of students and fans emptying out in the 3rd and 4th quarters. It's problematic with everyone and especially if it is blow out win.

A little rain? Husker fans have been known to watch a game during a frickin' snow storm. Go ahead and cue the old 'nothing else to do there' line, it's all about a fanbase's level of commitment to their program.
I agree. When I taught there, I sat through many a snowstorm year after year watching the Wyoming Cowboys often getting beat and I was not alone. There are fans and there are fans.

Bro, you can’t be serious…there are a few games you could bring up complaining about fans in seats but OSU was a torrential downpour almost the entire game, a blow out and I thought the fans were awesome despite both.

I agree with poolside, the weather is brutal for games in the first half of the season and there needs to be earlier or later start times (to avoid the storms) and shade needs to be a priority. Can’t have 3pm games during that time due to the afternoon storms in late Aug/Sept/Early October. Need shade if it’s any game time prior to 6pm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT