ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State football: 5 things to know before the start of 2023 season

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001

Kent State football: 5 things to know before the start of 2023 season​

Story by Mike Popovich, Canton Repository •17h

There won't be any familiar names in the lineup when the season kicks off at UCF. The offense is very young. In fact, all 11 starters are new.

Did you know some of UCF's original building designs were inspired by the Kent State student protests? I think it's the old Phillips Hall, Chemistry ,Biology and what was the Health and Physics building from the late 80s early 90s all have roofs capable of holding the weight of the UH60 Huey Helicopter and the corners provided cover for troops and stuff and for snipers to launch tear gas . Now the roof tops provide for safe spaces for the kiddos to manage the micro aggressions and their feelings . 😆

Another interesting fact, UCF professors etc raised funds for the National Guard at the time. Sources UCF Mexican history professor, 1980s.

Did you know some of UCF's original building designs were inspired by the Kent State student protests? I think it's the old Phillips Hall, Chemistry ,Biology and what was the Health and Physics building from the late 80s early 90s all have roofs capable of holding the weight of the UH60 Huey Helicopter and the corners provided cover for troops and stuff and for snipers to launch tear gas . Now the roof tops provide for safe spaces for the kiddos to manage the micro aggressions and their feelings . 😆
I remember hearing about that at my 1991 orientation

I did not know that. How interesting. Roof tops are not safe enough spaces for kiddos managing micro agression or their feelings. They need soft, quiet rooms with soothing music and a lot of stuffed animals.

I did not know that. How interesting. Roof tops are not safe enough spaces for kiddos managing micro agression or their feelings. They need soft, quiet rooms with soothing music and a lot of stuffed animals.
Just need the stuffed animals to be gender neutral so they dont get offended by biology

Reactions: Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT