ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Smith Deserves to be in the College Football Hall of Fame

Warrick Dunn just hit the ballot for the first time averaged 6.9 yards per carry for a four year career and legitimately one of best ambassadors the sport has ever had. Ken Dorsey 38-2 as a starting QB, first time ballot last year. If Kevin Smith gets on the ballot it's probably at least 5 years from now if not longer.

Warrick Dunn just hit the ballot for the first time averaged 6.9 yards per carry for a four year career and legitimately one of best ambassadors the sport has ever had. Ken Dorsey 38-2 as a starting QB, first time ballot last year. If Kevin Smith gets on the ballot it's probably at least 5 years from now if not longer.
Smith is 46th all time in career rushing yards. I doubt all 45 guys ahead of him are in. It’s a career honor. Not single season.

BnG glasses off, I don’t think he deserves the CFP hall of fame.

UCF hall of fame all day, though.

Smith is 46th all time in career rushing yards. I doubt all 45 guys ahead of him are in. It’s a career honor. Not single season.

Agreed I was pointing out some people that you would either have expected to be in the hall of fame or at least been on the ballot years before. There is multi year first team all Americans, most sacks per game record holders, most td reception record holders, Heisman winner.

What I gather, with 120+ teams the list of players with impressive career credentials is insanely long. You've had to really make yourself stand out. You would think guys like Andrew Luck who was two time Heisman runner up would be in there already.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
  1. First and foremost, a player must have received First Team All-America recognition by a selector organization that is recognized by the NCAA and utilized to comprise their consensus All-America teams.
  2. A player becomes eligible for consideration by the Foundation’s honors courts 10 years after his final year of intercollegiate football played.
  3. While each nominee’s football achievements in college are of prime consideration, his post football record as a citizen is also weighed. He must have proven himself worthy as a citizen, carrying the ideals of football forward into his relations with his community and fellow man. Consideration may also be given for academic honors and whether or not the candidate earned a college degree.
  4. Players must have played their last year of intercollegiate football within the last 50 years*. For example, to be eligible for the 2014 ballot, the player must have played his last year in 1964 or thereafter. In addition, players who are playing professionally and coaches who are coaching on the professional level are not eligible until after they retire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT