ADVERTISEMENT

Keystone Pipeline leaked 383,000 gallons in ND...

Nebraska Sandhills farmers have been fighting a Keystone pipeline through the region for years arguing that a leak would seep down into the Ogallala Aquifer, one of the world's largest underground aquifers with no means for extracting it if there were to be a big oil leak.

The Pipeline people - and surprise, surprise, Nebraska's Republican Governor - say don't fret about it, Nebraska farmers, because the pipeline would be super-safe.

Lol I love how the “context” added in the tweet tries to pin the blame for this ND spill on Trump despite the fact that this is a Phase 1 pipeline in ND that was approved under Saint Obama

Reactions: Sir Galahad
Lol I love how the “context” added in the tweet tries to pin the blame for this ND spill on Trump despite the fact that this is a Phase 1 pipeline in ND that was approved under Saint Obama

Obama approved a bill in December of 2011 requiring the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline within 60 days unless the President determined it was not in the National interest. The following January, Obama rejected the pipeline's permit and fought it the rest of his Presidency.

So put up or shut up. Show me a link or admit your 'Blame Obama' is fabricated bullsh*t.

Obama approved a bill in December of 2011 requiring the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline within 60 days unless the President determined it was not in the National interest. The following January, Obama rejected the pipeline's permit and fought it the rest of his Presidency.

So put up or shut up. Show me a link or admit your 'Blame Obama' is fabricated bullsh*t.

lol destroyed 85's lies yet again.

LOL you’re one dumb bitch you know that?

Elementary lesson- the Keystone Pipeline is not all “Keystone XL”. There are 5 phases of this project and XL is the last. The XL project does not even run through ND which is where this spill occurred. The pipe that caused this spill was BUILT in 2011 under Saint Obamas tenure.

And he only rejected the XL application after they already pulled their bid despite his own State Department certifying 3 times it does not pose any risk to the environment

correcting your lies and bullshit is becoming so fun

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?lang=und&title=File:Keystone-pipeline-route.svg

LOL you’re one dumb bitch you know that?

Lol anyone else remember when the world's biggest hypocrite 85 ignored someone because "they used personal attacks too much"

LMFAO what a picture perfect Christian you are, a hypocritical piece of shit excuse for a human.

I said provide me a link or admit it was BS. You provided the link showing the construction dates. When was the phase one project approved?

[roll]

Keystone 1 started construction in the same month that Obama won in 2008 and finished in 2010. Every subsequent pipeline was then approved and built under his watch as well. It’s all in basic facts on the damn Wiki page.

Nebraska Sandhills farmers have been fighting a Keystone pipeline through the region for years arguing that a leak would seep down into the Ogallala Aquifer, one of the world's largest underground aquifers with no means for extracting it if there were to be a big oil leak.

The Pipeline people - and surprise, surprise, Nebraska's Republican Governor - say don't fret about it, Nebraska farmers, because the pipeline would be super-safe.

You do realize that the opposition is actually based on farmers being pissed about the use of imminent domain or loss of farm able acres. It would be almost impossible for tar sand oil to seep deep enough to find the aquifer but they used that argument as a way of appealing to environmentalists.

I wonder what is the amount of Obama hate that it takes in order to attempt the mental gymnastics it takes to blame a president that served from January 2009 through January 2017 for an oil spill that occurs in October 2019 (with a deregulated industry and a weakened EPA). On a section of pipeline that was constructed starting in Q2 of 2008 (and approved prior to that).

another reminder to keep blocking the idea to drill off the Florida coast, not worth the risk to ruin this State's #1 asset
Sure, why not? Let's sit on our laurels while Russian and Chinese oil companies exploit the vast natural resources in nearby "international waters" (which aren't too far from our coastline).

It's so rich when libs complain of offshore drilling, yet bitch and moan when gas prices creep up to more that $2.50 a gallon.

Yeah who gives a sh*t about oil leaks, this is all about “lib” hypocrisy! :rolleyes:
It's unfortunate, but it's an occupational hazard of our lifestyle. Wanna put your money where your mouth is and do something about it? Ride a horse or catch the Lynx bus!!!

without our water and coastline this State's tourism industry crashes, that is not worth the risk

without our water and coastline this State's tourism industry crashes, that is not worth the risk
That could also happen with Chinese and Russian drilling only 20 miles off our coast. Deepwater Horizon lost 170 million gallons while only 41 miles off the coast of Louisiana and the impact wasn't severe and has been 100% cleaned. Stop the fearmongering lest you be part of the solution and not part of the problem as you drive your car 2 miles down the road for your daily Walmart run.

Still far less oil than, and far less people who would be killed by, rail.
Yes, we've killed plenty of Canadians with oil by rail.

But no one talks about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT