ADVERTISEMENT

Kids can't transmit covid?

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...-dont-infect-adults-with-coronavirus-n2568539

"Switzerland is one of several European countries beginning to ease their lockdown measures...Dr Koch told a news conference this week that the original advice to keep distance between children and their grandparents was made when less was known about how the coronavirus was transmitted. "Young children are not infected and do not transmit the virus," he said. "They just don't have the receptors to catch the disease."...Dr Koch said that many grandparents "live to see their grandchildren" and that it was important for their mental health. He said it was not the children who posed a risk to elderly relatives but their parents...The new advice applies to young children who show no signs of illness while older children must still avoid contact with grandparents."

Dr Koch told a news conference this week that the original advice to keep distance between children and their grandparents was made when less was known about how the coronavirus was transmitted. "Young children are not infected and do not transmit the virus," he said.
WTF? If children can't get infected, why have we been hearing about the coronavirus-linked MIS-C illnesses in kids that have led to a number of deaths around the world?

It didn't say that children cannot contract SARS CoV-2. It postulates that they are not transmitters of the virus. Transmission is a function of the amount of viral shedding a person does. It seems like it doesn't pass the common sense test, but maybe children don't shed the virus intact or at all and thus are not transmitters.

As for the MIS-C hypotheses, it is really early to go into hysterics on that front. They have not yet identified if there is a causation there or if they're just detecting it more because they're paying better attention due to COVID awareness. It would be smart to let the science develop a bit before we go off half-cocked again.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Well I'll be damned. I find myself agreeing you. I know it's early, but I need a stiff drink. ;)
I do need to caveat myself on the previous given the excerpt Crazy provided. Dr. Koch did say that children did not get infected which is contrary to the other studies presented in the article. I believe Dr. Koch either misspoke or is flat wrong. In all of the cases, however, they didn't see transmission from children under 10 to adults. That's the important part.

I do need to caveat myself on the previous given the excerpt Crazy provided. Dr. Koch did say that children did not get infected which is contrary to the other studies presented in the article. I believe Dr. Koch either misspoke or is flat wrong. In all of the cases, however, they didn't see transmission from children under 10 to adults. That's the important part.

I would agree that he misspoke except he explicitly said that they don't have the receptors to catch the disease. It would be interesting to find out what led him to that conclusion.

I would agree that he misspoke except he explicitly said that they don't have the receptors to catch the disease. It would be interesting to find out what led him to that conclusion.
This guy should produce a YouTube video to explain his research. :)

I personally only like it to be a single voice from a 80 year old medical doctor in an office. One that is constantly wrong. He is due though.
The converse to that is an overwhelming flood of information that most everyone doesn't have the skills or experience to interpret and form into good plans of action. So we end up reacting to the wrong things and ignoring the right things. We need good people in place that have that perspective and skill set to separate the wheat from the chaff and lead us well. Not that Fauci is that guy.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT