ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Callahan fired

Wow. A few on this board wanted him as UCFs coach. Hasn't the defensive backfield been the strength of the Gators??? I guess if the head coach sets the highest of standards all around for his assistant coaches, that his prerogative.

Wow. A few on this board wanted him as UCFs coach. Hasn't the defensive backfield been the strength of the Gators??? I guess if the head coach sets the highest of standards all around for his assistant coaches, that his prerogative.

The DBs were the best in the nation but apparently he was a liability on the recruiting trail. Although reading some of the tweets, players have decommitted after hearing this news.

I know we have Fisher but there has to be room on the coaching staff for Callahan. He was fantastic for us and might be able to bring in a few of his recruits. I think what happened is that the Gators offered too many people too soon. They had their class filled last summer with 3 stars and a 2 star. Now McElwain realizes that he has a chance at 4-5 star players but has no room for them. I don't think he realized how easy it would be to recruit at Florida.

The DBs were the best in the nation but apparently he was a liability on the recruiting trail. Although reading some of the tweets, players have decommitted after hearing this news.

I know we have Fisher but there has to be room on the coaching staff for Callahan. He was fantastic for us and might be able to bring in a few of his recruits. I think what happened is that the Gators offered too many people too soon. They had their class filled last summer with 3 stars and a 2 star. Now McElwain realizes that he has a chance at 4-5 star players but has no room for them. I don't think he realized how easy it would be to recruit at Florida.

I agree with all that you wrote. I'm sure he can coach another defensive position better than most, like the linebackers. He made $290,000 last year. We could probably pay him near $200,000.
He's getting paid already so maybe he would take less.

I would take Kirk over Travis in a heartbeat. It's a no brainer really, but too late I'm afraid.

Reactions: GOLOL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT