ADVERTISEMENT

Knightline 129: SMU Recap 8-0

Knightline 129:

UCF moves to 8-0 ... it wasn't always pretty, but UCF beats S-M-U in Dallas 31-24 ... Nick Patti and Kyle Israel help us break it down ... plus, we're previewing Men's Basketball with Victor Tan of New Day Review, we're answering your questions during #AskKnightline and yet another reason to hate the Cows!

Reactions: UCFhonors
Thanks for all your hard work. I listen regularly and it has been a great source of UCF talk that I cannot get any other way. One day I will call in when life is not so crazy at game time. Keep it up!

...go Knights...

Oh ya, been there ... last time UCF played there ... also in that game I think was Steve Spurrier's first game. UCF @ North Carolina next season - planning to go? TT

Yes. Absolutely. I have been all over the country following UCF since 1984.

Great podcast. Looking forward to a more in dept Basketball preview.

And please remember it P6, Power 6 or Pow6r. None of this G crap.

SC: Since 1984! Wow. I graduated in '94 and I'll have to do the math, but I think I've been on a different road trip every year since 1996. Ohio St. South Carolina. VA Tech. Wisconsin. AZ St. This year, Maryland and Navy. Only lately, have those been wins! TT

Reactions: Mikesi
Yes Lou Saben was the coach when I was a freshman. Went to nearly every home game while at school, But I did not attend away games until 1990. So far away games...

1990: Youngstown State (brrrr); Georgia Southern
1992: Buffalo (not sure if this is a year. Went there once)
1995: Florida State
1996: South Carolina: Ga Tech
1997: South Carolina, Nebraska (Hello Scott Frost);
1998 Auburn (still mad about this one)
1999 Florida; Georgia
2000: Ga Tech
2001 Clemson
2004 wisconsin
2005 South Carolina
2006 Florida
2008 Texas
2010 Liberty bowl
2011 BYU
2012 Ohio State
2013 Penn State; Fiesta Bowl
2015 South Carolina

Bold are victories. I need to start road tripping again.

Ohhhhh, 1998 Auburn. Was there. Blame me. Minute left, I asked my friend if we should just go deep into debt to figure out how to get to Hawaii for a bowl game. Think it was Auburn WR Karsten Bailey who then broke a tackle and scored the game-winning touchdown. My friend didn't talk to me for the two hour drive back to Birmingham. Still brings it up. TT

I swear one day I will call the show and tell a few stories about what the game day experience was like in the early eighties. It will give some real perspective on how far this program has come. They are pretty funny too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT