ADVERTISEMENT

Know KZ...

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
I watched the 2018 matchup between UCF and PITT this past Friday.
As I watched the game, I realized that KZ and his running was a big difference maker.

We saw that lacking in the second half of the Stanford game 2 staurdays ago and the Pitt game yesterday. The fact is the team needs to find their identity with no KZ. They will certainly work on this at multiple positions against UCONN.

The area of the field that KZ use to take advantage of is where Heup needs to come up with
alternative plays. Dunk passes, wheel routes, any short routes, off-tackle runs. Can Gabriel see the middle of the field? The opposition is onto the fact that our bread and butter play is the long pass to the outside receiver. Pitt played us 10 yards off the ball after injuries.

The team needs to continue to find its offensive identity without KZ. Gabriel has his limitations
and so does Mack. Wimbush isn't showing anything and Quad wont help. Running the ball up
the middle all the time? Bottom line is Heup is going to have to open up some more offensive plays to help out the offensive play both at the QB and RB position to help this team be its best.

The defense battled well again yesterday and needs to continue on improving on tackling, especially the QB in the backfield.

14-0 is off the plate. Not a surprise to many of us.
13-1 which is matching the most number of wins in a season is still available if Heup can
make some proper adjustments
12-2 is very much what many were predicting.

I still love my Knights very much and anybody who is a committed fan realizes that we just
need to keep showing up and winning as much as possible. P5 has squeezed us out of BCS
and until the TV powers open up a conference or the playoff system we have to block out all
the naysayers and look at how much this program has grown. Haters will be haters.

Next focus from the fan perspective is to go 8-0 in the American.

The goal is to win the conference but I personally want to see some better play calling. If we win throwing bombs and up the middle runs, what does that prove. We can out talent people, that is it. You can’t do that against top teams.

The goal is to win the conference but I personally want to see some better play calling. If we win throwing bombs and up the middle runs, what does that prove. We can out talent people, that is it. You can’t do that against top teams.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Up until now CJH has not been a great playcaller, he has just benefitted from having spectacular athletes at skill positions. CSF was kind of an equalizer when he came up against teams with better talent because he really was a great playcaller. Heup will get there but he's going to have to adjust his strategy. This whole psuedo run and shoot offense isn't going to work if you don't have Timmy Chang taking snaps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT