ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Moll 🤦🏻‍♂️

Move KD McDaniel back to LB from DE. Target another depth DE in the portal
Yes, that’s an option. This staff recruited him to play end, but I guess if they were desperate. Keenan Cupit also played LB/RB in high school. He was bulked up to 250lbs and moved to DE, but he could be a potential body to move back and provide insurance.

It may be convenient but it will be true going forward. The shackles of the rich P5 boosters are off.....no more worrying about get caught giving cars, fake jobs, or $100 handshakes.

College football is currently the least regulated sport in terms of player movement and salary in the world. No contracts, no salary caps, and little if any paperwork. Won’t be long until the government starts poking their head in with their hand out.
They are. Income has to be reported. Taxes have to be paid. In a few years you will see athletes getting into trouble for not filing taxes.

Reactions: Yaes
They are. Income has to be reported. Taxes have to be paid. In a few years you will see athletes getting into trouble for not filing taxes.
Yep, because the players will be getting income from multiple sources....and not many 18-19 year olds will know how to file taxes.....I can only imagine that most of it is currently not reported.

Okay, so to reset all the activity in the LB room over the spring…

UCF runs a base 4-2-5 defense. With two linebackers in the field, you ideally have four in the rotation (three guys, and a depth/special teams backer). For example, last year it was Bethune, JJB, and Gilyard (and then Armstrong) - with Mosier being the depth/ST guy.

Now, you’re looking at JJB and Johnson (E. Illinois transfer, didn’t play in the Spring), and a bunch of question marks:
-Jennings (will he have to sit out a year, waiver?)
-Mosier (what was his injury? How much time will he miss?)
-Incoming True freshmen: Moore (decent size, has a chance to see the field as a true freshmen this season), Bullard (looks to me to be more of a ‘Wild Knight’ safety/rover, rather than a prototypical D1 LB).
-Lewis (well-documented questions, no need to be redundant).

With the combination of Bethune/Joyce/Leonard/Moll out of the equation, Mosier’s injury/status, Jennings’ waiver, and well…Lewis…I would be on the lookout for one more transfer. That will be a lot of work in the summer/fall to get guys ready, but UCF needs bodies.

Would they consider - as a last resort - converting one of their six or seven RBs to LB? It’s not unprecedented.
To your last question MAR played 2 ways in hs, as a safety and rb. I think he will have a breakout season at rb but if needed, JR/bowser/mcdonald and rj harvey give us so much depth at rb. MAR could join the LBs as a hybrid type

Reactions: tjb74
To your last question MAR played 2 ways in hs, as a safety and rb. I think he will have a breakout season at rb but if needed, JR/bowser/mcdonald and rj harvey give us so much depth at rb. MAR could join the LBs as a hybrid type
I feel MAR is too close to the top of the RB depth chart to make this change. Can Gatewood hit anybody? Good size and speed. Don’t see him making an impact at WR.

I doubt it's going to be as easy changing many player's positions as it was in the past, when their first answer is "Transfer portal"

I doubt it's going to be as easy changing many player's positions as it was in the past, when their first answer is "Transfer portal"
IDK, there is still something to be said about people you know versus the bag of unknowns that come with most portal players.

Reactions: mattropolis
So if T Will gets a good a recruit the player either didn't get money or didn't want money, if another team gets the recruit its because of money.

Seems like a convenient explanation to just say everyone else is bribing players every time a recruiting battle is lost and not hold the staff accountable. Too bad Heupel/Shannon couldn't use that, maybe their reputation wouldn't be so bad around here.
We shall see (or maybe we’ll never know). Let’s just wait and see how the chips fall. Just seems awfully suspicious the kid would go through a recruiting process, announce they are going somewhere, and then pull out a week later. Just saying, this is going to be the way many recruits go nowadays. They can flip on programs anytime they want for a myriad of reasons.

…and why is the staff responsible? They can’t hold a gun to someone’s head and force them to do anything. They are adults making decisions, good or bad, and now the rules let them change their minds like people change underwear.

LMAO. This has to be the worst take in the history of bad takes.

I’ll give you this, you clearly have a ton of experience with “bad takes.”
MAR won’t play DB at all and you boys believe he would play a hybrid LB/S position? What are you boys smoking and where can buy some?

MAR won’t play DB at all and you boys believe he would play a hybrid LB/S position? What are you boys smoking and where can buy some?
Pretty sure this was an off-season hypothetical type of answer. Our RB room is packed and our LB room is thin. He was answering who out of all the RB could play LB (think Myles Jack at UCLA). MAR was a 4* “Athlete” coming out of HS as I’m sure you are aware. At 6’1 215 he would be the one to play LB in an absolutely emergency situation, so he was correct.

Pretty sure this was an off-season hypothetical type of answer. Our RB room is packed and our LB room is thin. He was answering who out of all the RB could play LB (think Myles Jack at UCLA). MAR was a 4* “Athlete” coming out of HS as I’m sure you are aware. At 6’1 215 he would be the one to play LB in an absolutely emergency situation, so he was correct.
MAR is a RB and that’s the only position he will play. Forget him. You boys think you can switch a RB to LB like that?

You're being overly critical man. The guy who posted about MAR playing LB might be a kid or someone new to football.

MAR is a RB and that’s the only position he will play. Forget him. You boys think you can switch a RB to LB like that?
We took 2 future NFL WRs and made them CB’s for a season. Ohio State had success with Steele Chambers and is doing it again with DeaMonte Traynum, and Michigan moved Hassan Haskins to linebacker for awhile. This is not a rare thing in college football. Maybe at Miami but then you gotta look at what else has been rare at Miami.

I wonder how much affect NIL has in a case like this or is it just a convenient way for fans to justify the move. A guy who has one year left from playing at the FCs level can't be worth that much. He only really has high value to UCF because we have no depth at LB.

Reactions: FoxKnight
I wonder how much affect NIL has in a case like this or is it just a convenient way for fans to justify the move. A guy who has one year left from playing at the FCs level can't be worth that much. He only really has high value to UCF because we have no depth at LB.
I don’t think NIL was a big factor. Seems like playing at the “P5” level was the biggest thing. I think he will be a solid player if he stays healthy.

Also, UAB is not FCS.

We took 2 future NFL WRs and made them CB’s for a season. Ohio State had success with Steele Chambers and is doing it again with DeaMonte Traynum, and Michigan moved Hassan Haskins to linebacker for awhile. This is not a rare thing in college football. Maybe at Miami but then you gotta look at what else has been rare at Miami.
Lets face it, Miami is trash. They are the Nebraska of FL. Trying to gloat about the 80s and 90s but neither have won anything in two decades. LoboCane is the prototype from that fanbase: never stepped foot on campus, carryover Dolphins fan, and always buys into the hype that “this is the year we are back”. Im sure when Miami beats Bethune -cookman 21-10 he will be on here telling us how great their defense is

Reactions: U C to the F
Agreed, really only a few programs with fans/boosters like Texas that can throw around money to significant amount of players. Vast majority of schools have only establish star players cashing in or the very top high school recruits.

Some booster in Washington is going to throw down thousands of dollars for a LB from UAB because he has hopes that might make them bowl eligible this year after going 4-8? If there is people that desperate/foolish to give away money to players, then I am glad the money is going to the player.

I don’t think NIL was a big factor. Seems like playing at the “P5” level was the biggest thing. I think he will be a solid player if he stays healthy.

Also, UAB is not FCS.
Agreed UAB not FCS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT