ADVERTISEMENT

KZ is back?

I'm loving seeing him being able to do these activities. I wonder how he feels. Does it feel normal, does it feel weak, etc.

I still don't seem him playing again, if I were him, I'd be happy with being able to walk without a brace and hopefully living a normal life from here on out. But that's just my limited opinion.

I'm loving seeing him being able to do these activities. I wonder how he feels. Does it feel normal, does it feel weak, etc.

I still don't seem him playing again, if I were him, I'd be happy with being able to walk without a brace and hopefully living a normal life from here on out. But that's just my limited opinion.
I agree. I know way different circumstances, but Big Ben feels better now 1 year after surgery than he did in years leading up to it. Medicine has advanced. I’m not expecting miracles on his knee though.

I don't think KZ goes through all of the struggle and pain of that rehab just to say he feels normal. Just look at any of his posts or the way he has talked about the situation...he's a competitor. He got this far, so he's gonna go for it, but will it hold up? That's TBD.

He's back! No matter the schedule, don't expect to see him play until mid-September. The next test for him will be to get tackled eventually or develop that slide to protect his knee.

For all the naysayers he'll be going to the ground when contact comes near his legs across the line of scrimmage, other than that his ability to move in the pocket and move the rock to his playmakers won't be different :)

No guts no glory. Know guts, know glory! He's a blessed man!

Reactions: GradyII
I don't think KZ goes through all of the struggle and pain of that rehab just to say he feels normal. Just look at any of his posts or the way he has talked about the situation...he's a competitor. He got this far, so he's gonna go for it, but will it hold up? That's TBD.
You go through the struggle and pain to fix the injury and try to get back to a normal life. If he didn't rehab it wouldn't heal as well or as proper.

I agree with you he's a competitor and wants to play. But as someone who has experienced a lot less severe injuries, trust me, you're never the same again. He's been off the field for close to 2 years now come fall.

Also, doesn't he have to get medically approved? I'm skeptical a doctor would approve him, but I'm no doctor.

You go through the struggle and pain to fix the injury and try to get back to a normal life. If he didn't rehab it wouldn't heal as well or as proper.

I agree with you he's a competitor and wants to play. But as someone who has experienced a lot less severe injuries, trust me, you're never the same again. He's been off the field for close to 2 years now come fall.

Also, doesn't he have to get medically approved? I'm skeptical a doctor would approve him, but I'm no doctor.
Some people get stronger. Some dude had arm surgery and added 5mph to his fastball. Apples and oranges though.

where he's coming from, that's great and i'm glad he'll be able to walk and run normally with his future kids, but those videos aren't evidence of him being ready for this season.

Doesn’t tommy John surgery do that?

Correct, but also has a greater than 50% chance of re-injury.

It's great that he is close or at maybe where he was mobility wise before the injury. However, its also more likely it is more suspeptible to re-injury than prior.

He's still young, but knowing you won't have trouble running, jumping, doing activities is more of an accomplishment then worrying about playing football. Football is a couple years, being completely mobile so you can do any activity, play with future kids, is way more impactful on someone's life.

As much as I want to, I don’t see him playing this year. Was watching this doc on the Ocho the other night about Alex Smith....damn his leg looks like something in a Frankenstein movie. KZ seems way ahead of him.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
As much as I want to, I don’t see him playing this year. Was watching this doc on the Ocho the other night about Alex Smith....damn his leg looks like something in a Frankenstein movie. KZ seems way ahead of him.

25-0 record for KZ in 2017 and 2018.

He's a QB coach on the field at this point and I've witnessed a lot of older NFL QBs who were able to do more with their knowledge than their body at end of careers.
He's not at the end of his career. He just won't be running any plays up the middle of the field at this point. Realistically best case for him is 6-8 weeks before he can play in a game which would put him at the beginning of the AAC schedule.

Granted Gabriel isn't far behind but going undefeated isn't something that many QBs can accomplish. KZ was on his way to 3 seasons in a row, I'm convinced. We would have beat LSU with KZ QBing.

Well if anyone deserves a medical redshirt it is MM (I don’t think he plays this Fall).

Theoretically he could get in 4 games this season and still have a medical red-shirt year but who knows what's going to happen at this point.

Things are getting really squirrely lately. I'm losing interest in all sports with all this political stuff and the "me,me,me" thing. There's no "I" in team was one of the good things that I'll remember about GOL and the era he represented. They ought to put a few quotes on his statue :)

Reactions: e.
Alex Smith returns from his terrible leg injury after 17 surgeries and an infection. I don't know what it is about football that fuels these guys but they really are the definition of cant stop wont stop. KZ seems to be made of the same stuff.

Different scenarios. Lower leg as opposed to knee.
very true, im just going by the fact that many people said Alex Smith could have lost his leg also and that he had a serious infection afterwards and still wants to play. Anything that requires me to have 17 surgeries even if it was on my pinky finger would deter me from doing that activity again. Im taken back by these guys more than anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
very true, im just going by the fact that many people said Alex Smith could have lost his leg also and that he had a serious infection afterwards and still wants to play. Anything that requires me to have 17 surgeries even if it was on my pinky finger would deter me from doing that activity again. Im taken by these guys more than anything.
Not sure why Smith wants to play again. He has to have enough money to walk away.

KZ still has more than a few winning drives in him. The players believe in him and could be very useful in big games where DG is struggling. I think of the QB position as a three headed monster this season. Those three are very close and can overcome their egos to give the team the best chance for victory. Not a typical situation we are in at QB this season.

KZ still has more than a few winning drives in him. The players believe in him and could be very useful in big games where DG is struggling. I think of the QB position as a three headed monster this season. Those three are very close and can overcome their egos to give the team the best chance for victory. Not a typical situation we are in at QB this season.
You really try not to rotate QBs unless you have to or one is really bad in one area. Putting in KZ for DG doesn’t make much sense. Similar capabilities and one of them is coming off a real bad injury.

Reactions: Cajam and ReturnOf
You really try not to rotate QBs unless you have to or one is really bad in one area. Putting in KZ for DG doesn’t make much sense. Similar capabilities and one of them is coming off a real bad injury.

Exactly, rarely does swapping QBs mid game back and forth works out unless its sending someone in for like running/goal line situations. In the end I would expect it to hurt Gabriel if his playing time is reduced, particularly as an offense leader and in confidence.

I still stand that if Milton is the better option after being two years removed with a significant leg injury than Gabriel, then Gabriel is probably not going to start again for the team.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Who knows at this point. I have no inside information, but I assume KZ just wants to get out on the field and prove that he can still play QB at a competitive level.. I'm not sure if he is thinking about trying out at for the NFL. It has been one step at a time for his rehab. You have to give him credit for putting in the work. He has an amazing competitive drive, and I wish him the best. :cool:

P5 see KZ like ...
(sorry, just first thing that pops ... and so applies, despite cliché)

Mack did great last year on inside the 20 sets, kinda of tebowish :)

There were times that DG looked like a deer staring into the headlights during away games.
There's nothing wrong with asking him to watch KZ for a drive or two before going back in.
He gets the last 2 years probably all to himself with someone doing mop up. He'll get over it
this year even if it leads to KZ taking over the helm. I have the sense that KZ may want to move on
with his life after this season (so it would be playing time this year or bust).

Mack did great last year on inside the 20 sets, kinda of tebowish :)

There were times that DG looked like a deer staring into the headlights during away games.
There's nothing wrong with asking him to watch KZ for a drive or two before going back in.
He gets the last 2 years probably all to himself with someone doing mop up. He'll get over it
this year even if it leads to KZ taking over the helm. I have the sense that KZ may want to move on
with his life after this season (so it would be playing time this year or bust).

If Milton became the starter and played well, don't see how he and the program would not do anything they can do get him another season. If you are looking for a career in coaching (which many have speculated for him), couldn't be a worse time then leaving after this year. Virtually all athletic programs are going to take a sizable to significant financial hit. In terms of playing, Canadian Football league just cancelled their season, curious how that impacts the future of that league.

Sneak peek of what next TD is going to look like...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Taking it all in stride <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/10hana?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#10hana</a>🌺🤙 <a href="https://t.co/6lYlNZGtgZ">pic.twitter.com/6lYlNZGtgZ</a></p>&mdash; UCF Football 😷 (@UCF_Football) <a href=" ">August 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
It's got to feel good to be moving like that!

ADVERTISEMENT