ADVERTISEMENT

La'Darius Jefferson

Renegade2007

Five-Star Recruit
Dec 21, 2009
Good as gone IMO. Michigan State offered last week. Already naming them as his leader.

SMH really frustrating when we find the hidden gems, just for the "big school" to swoop in and take him. Them's the breaks though. We'll be just find, and have some great talent at QB right now.

Charge On!

If he real baller, he want to be with the up and comers and make things happen. More exposure = more NFL opportunities. That is a fact.

I was always intrigued by LJ but in reality, he would have redshirted and been behind 3 really good QBs. Regardless of what happens at the end of this season, SF modernized the program which was sorely needed. The future looks bright. #chargeon

I was always intrigued by LJ but in reality, he would have redshirted and been behind 3 really good QBs. Regardless of what happens at the end of this season, SF modernized the program which was sorely needed. The future looks bright. #chargeon
Yep, the icing on the cake was we only offered him and had a spot for him in the QB position, whereas MSU offered him as an athlete with the possibility of playing RB, WR or LB (which suprisingly he plays alot and is good at)

We have Milton for 2 more years and Vedral for 3. Mack for 4

If you haven't heard, Milton is one of the top QBs in the nation and has a bunch of talent around him that we can't even get playing time for

Yep, the icing on the cake was we only offered him and had a spot for him in the QB position, whereas MSU offered him as an athlete with the possibility of playing RB, WR or LB (which suprisingly he plays alot and is good at)

I dont understand this. Seems to me that it is harder to get a QB spot than an athlete spot. As has been seen so many time, QBs who don't make the field often take roles as WR, DB and other porsitions. Seems to me that being recruited to play QB gives you all the options.

I've enjoyed following recruiting under Frost but right now I'm not even counting on any of the current commits....if Frost leaves it's going to be chaos and things could go South for this Class. If there are a string of decommits all of a sudden the next few weeks that won't be a good sign, that means they heard something

Reactions: Miltonian
I've been wondering how he would plug into our team. He's TE material for our current offensive scheme. He's NOT fast enough to play QB.

I can see the "it's near home" and "you can play for a National Title" arguments (although I think it is unlikely we see Mich State in the Invitational anytime soon) but any other argument is garbage. We're just as good a program, and the NFL finds you, wherever you are, if you're good. Guy on the Charger's (Ekeler) was from Western State (in Colorado). I'm a huge college football fan for decades and never heard of it. If you're good, they'll find you. It's not like we're chopped liver for producing NFL talent.

I don't think Frost will have a problem finding someone else. We're a very QB friendly system now.

I dont understand this. Seems to me that it is harder to get a QB spot than an athlete spot. As has been seen so many time, QBs who don't make the field often take roles as WR, DB and other porsitions. Seems to me that being recruited to play QB gives you all the options.
Exactly. It’s not like SF was going to say “Sorry kid you can’t play any other position. You just have to sit the bench as back up QB.”

Aaaand it's official. Decommited this morning.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">La’Darius Jefferson de-commits from UCF. Michigan State is the favorite here. <a href="https://t.co/JBIeYokmw0">https://t.co/JBIeYokmw0</a></p>&mdash; Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) <a href="">November 13, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Best of luck to him. Really not bad about this one. He's closer to home, and will play for a P5 school. As a previous poster noted, this helps keep one of our QBs from transferring anyway. I suspected that was going to happen if he signed. Now we should be good.

Charge On!

Exactly. It’s not like SF was going to say “Sorry kid you can’t play any other position. You just have to sit the bench as back up QB.”
Not really. You only have so many spots allocated per position. We arent open at RB or WR like we were last year. THose spots are truly reserved for someone who is absolutely unreal and thats his natural position, Ladarrius plays QB, but is a great runner, but not good enough for us to use a scholarship or tell another player "No" at WR or RB. We really only have 1 slot left for both, and from the looks of it, no we wouldnt take him over our top 2-3 prospects at either position.

So in essence, frost did probably say "Hey we want you at QB, but honestly if you want to come in as a WR or RB, we cant guarantee we can make that happen or youll ever see the field because we have no tape on you as either."

QB is literally my area of LEAST concern (although we are stacked at WR too). I would prefer we use his scholly to get another OL or LB. Unless we have some scout team players that are just tearing things up, I think those two positions are where we have the least depth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT