ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance U

Star CB from Laney briefly discussed his visit with UCF on the show. https://heavy.com/sports/2020/07/rejzohn-wright-last-chance-u-now-today/amp/
I watched a few episodes, which does he say it? I’m not sold on him though. His attitude is not humble by any connection. Will he graduate? Playing against a bunch of guys that aren’t good. Not many guys featured in the show have ever been good. Good show but not many great guys after show. Season 5 I think? More dudes arrested than made rosters. One dude made Cowboys but released early on.

I watched a few episodes, which does he say it? I’m not sold on him though. His attitude is not humble by any connection. Will he graduate? Playing against a bunch of guys that aren’t good. Not many guys featured in the show have ever been good. Good show but not many great guys after show. Season 5 I think? More dudes arrested than made rosters. One dude made Cowboys but released early on.

Last episode. I think he had a brother that went to Ok State and that is where he ended up.

Here's his college football experience at Oregon State in a nutshell = losing.

It says he's from the San Fran area so I could see family being a big pull. That said, it's a 9 hour drive from San Fran to Corvallis. It isn't much different than hoping on a plane from San Fran and landing in Orlando (although it would be more expensive). It is what it is. We'll find some other kid to come in and succeed.

Here's his college football experience at Oregon State in a nutshell = losing.

It says he's from the San Fran area so I could see family being a big pull. That said, it's a 9 hour drive from San Fran to Corvallis. It isn't much different than hoping on a plane from San Fran and landing in Orlando (although it would be more expensive). It is what it is. We'll find some other kid to come in and succeed.

The family pull is that his older brother (was at Laney the year before) is now the starting cornerback at Oregon State. They also have a cousin on the Oregon State roster. So it actually makes a lot of sense that he went there instead of coming all the way across the country to UCF and away from anyone he'd know. The opportunity for immediate playing time was a draw for sure, but imagine family (and a chance to start alongside your brother) won out.

Best of luck to him!

I don’t blame him. I think he was the kid whose Dad also said P5 or bust too. I could be wrong.
You inferred Oregon State and P5 in the same sentence. That's funny.

Last time they won a conference title outright was 1956 (as a member of the Pacific Coast Conference....8 of those teams went on to be in the Pac-12). They were co-champs there as well in 1957. They were co-champs in the Athletic Association of Western Universities in 1964 (due to a "pay for play" scandal the PCC disbanded and 5 teams ended up forming this...can you really call 5 schools a conference???). They were co-champs of the PAC-12 in 2000 and slaughtered #10 Notre Dame in their Bowl game. They've had one great season and one banner season in like 105 years of playing conference football. BTW, that 2000 team had both TJ Houshmandzadh and Chad Johnson at WR....wow.

They just happen to exist in 1965 (with PAC-12 roots back to 1915 with the PCC), so now they happen to get a nice paycheck on the hard work of other programs. They just collect a paycheck for getting loses.

They've never had an undefeated season. They have gone winless once (1980), but they also have 10 seasons with 1 win, and 13 seasons with just 2 wins. At least when we hit bottom we rebound. From 1990-1992 they went 3-29-1. Only 17 bowl appearances in their entire history. Abysmal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
You inferred Oregon State and P5 in the same sentence. That's funny.

Last time they won a conference title outright was 1956 (as a member of the Pacific Coast Conference....8 of those teams went on to be in the Pac-12). They were co-champs there as well in 1957. They were co-champs in the Athletic Association of Western Universities in 1964 (due to a "pay for play" scandal the PCC disbanded and 5 teams ended up forming this...can you really call 5 schools a conference???). They were co-champs of the PAC-12 in 2000 and slaughtered #10 Notre Dame in their Bowl game. They've had one great season and one banner season in like 105 years of playing conference football. BTW, that 2000 team had both TJ Houshmandzadh and Chad Johnson at WR....wow.

They just happen to exist in 1965 (with PAC-12 roots back to 1915 with the PCC), so now they happen to get a nice paycheck on the hard work of other programs. They just collect a paycheck for getting loses.

They've never had an undefeated season. They have gone winless once (1980), but they also have 10 seasons with 1 win, and 13 seasons with just 2 wins. At least when we hit bottom we rebound. From 1990-1992 they went 3-29-1. Only 17 bowl appearances in their entire history. Abysmal.
OK but still P5. I don’t make the rules or that statement.

ADVERTISEMENT