ADVERTISEMENT

Latest update on settlement

It looks like the settlement is finally heading toward closure....$17 to $20 million range.
I havent crunched the #’s but it would appear if we are set to make 25 million per year (from 7) that basically our first season we break even when subtracting the buyout.

i’d imagine we can probably finance the buyout over 5-10 years so we can retain cash flow

I havent crunched the #’s but it would appear if we are set to make 25 million per year (from 7) that basically our first season we break even when subtracting the buyout.

i’d imagine we can probably finance the buyout over 5-10 years so we can retain cash flow
I don’t think we get the 25 mil for at least 4 years. Then we don’t know what new contract will be once this one ends.

New members won't get full payouts from the start, the question is when it will start. Rutgers was stated to wait over 10 years for their full share of B10 money, for the first 5 years they were getting $11 million. About 1/3 of what the others got.

The longer Texas and Oklahoma stay, the smaller the share will be. Even after Texas and Okalahoma declared they were going, the conference was basically willing to throw even more money at Texas and Oklahoma (at the expense of the existing members) to stick around. Wouldn't surprise me that they take money from the new teams to hand to Texas/Oklahoma to keep them around as long as possible.

B12 has no issue with not treating programs on equal standing. Oklahoma/Texas, existing members, new members.

Reactions: PhDee

Sounds like a structured settlement and we need the cash now... Someone get J.G. Wentworth on the line. 877-Cash-Now

Last edited:
Interesting that the report just mentions UCF. No way one team gets a lower rate than the other two.

This is all starting to sound like an awkward break-up where we agree to be friends but someone doesn’t want to let go? Of course, that never works out. We, UCF, have clearly moved on and just want to focus on getting to know those hot new, sexy prospects out there. Maybe it is a really a bad divorce? I don’t know? Fortunately, I just don’t have the first hand experience to draw from when it comes to making that analogy…

Reactions: PhDee
This is all starting to sound like an awkward break-up where we agree to be friends but someone doesn’t want to let go? Of course, that never works out. We, UCF, have clearly moved on and just want to focus on getting to know those hot new, sexy prospects out there. Maybe it is a really a bad divorce? I don’t know? Fortunately, I just don’t have the first hand experience to draw from when it comes to making that analogy…
Naw, it's just negotiating. AAC asked for more then they'll get and now we're going to pay more than we wanted to

Reactions: SkiDog291
At least we can add in the nearly 2 million per year for the naming rights of the stadium at this point. If we can make one of the NY6 bowls that would help in the transition as well. Lastly, our student base with the amount paid by every student to the athletic budget gives us a big push towards getting this done now for the long run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT