ADVERTISEMENT

Let's be real about the economy it we're able to on the board.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
It's going well. It's going as well as it was under Obama when republicans called it shit. But the truth is that the American economy has been humming along for a good while now. We also have serious red flags about the future but the present is strong in most areas. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging the success and difficulties of the American economy right now.

Jobs are hard to fill and wages should hopefully catch up as companies compete. We haven't seen that happen yet but it should happen. It's ok for me as a Democrat to say things are going well for the most part.

It's also ok for republicans to admit that we have issues that are not being addressed regarding deficit, bond yields, and interest rates.

When we start shitting on each other just to shit and not being honest about the success and failures of our country then we aren't being honest about the issues were discussing. I hope we can have honest thoughtful discussions rather than what we've been having here.

Except for that piece of shit 85 who can eat a backpack full of dicks.

Our macro economy is doing well and has been doing well, both during the Obama and Trump presidencies, because we have dumped TRILLIONS of dollars of cash into it. Up until now, NONE of that TRILLIONS have made its way down to 90%-plus of normal Americans. It seems to be starting to "trickle down" now. ...maybe... kinda-sorta, when you take inflation into account.

Oh look a circle jerk of morons confirming their own biases with a “yea we’re really being serious” tag line!

[roll]

I guess even you clowns got embarrassed by your continual shitting on our economy doing well.

I guess even you clowns got embarrassed by your continual shitting on our economy doing well.

You literally started a thread proving that the economy is doing good, but not quite as good as 2009...when Obama was president....which is EXACTLY what FC is claiming in this thread.

Are you honestly this fuking stupid? Please tell me you are only pretending to be this dumb.

Last edited:
Oh look a circle jerk of morons confirming their own biases with a “yea we’re really being serious” tag line!

[roll]

Not really. I've always chosen to highlight areas that still need improvement rather than accept your "every thing is amazing" spin. It's ok to admit there's still areas of the economy that need help.

Not really. I've always chosen to highlight areas that still need improvement rather than accept your "every thing is amazing" spin. It's ok to admit there's still areas of the economy that need help.

This coming from the guy who declared the tax cuts were horrible because small businesses don’t need anymore money in their bank accounts. Lol

Yes nice again the two idiots that chime in first have no clue about business. They probably think tax cuts to corporations are the reason. Let me help you out here, Trump is the first real pro business president in my lifetime. I was bashed for wanting Romney(and I don’t like Romney’s business practices) and I was bashed for wanting Trump but it was for the same reason. All presidents are politicians, they need money and are bought and paid for. Trump and to a lesser degree Romney didn’t need the money and knew how to spark business growth. They can fight against groups like the chamber of commerce and other business groups that hide behind the Republican Party but support things like illegal immigration.

Obama had ZERO business experience and 90% of his advisers were just like him, thinking a text book could replace actual experience. It was the relaxing of regulations that sparked this growth, the tax breaks were the next phase and the last will be the trade policies. Idiot liberals want to give Oabama credit, he had eight years and made doing business in America harder each year. His administration increased insurance costs for small employers, regulations on everything and using the government agencies as weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_of_Parrish
Yes nice again the two idiots that chime in first have no clue about business. They probably think tax cuts to corporations are the reason. Let me help you out here, Trump is the first real pro business president in my lifetime. I was bashed for wanting Romney(and I don’t like Romney’s business practices) and I was bashed for wanting Trump but it was for the same reason. All presidents are politicians, they need money and are bought and paid for. Trump and to a lesser degree Romney didn’t need the money and knew how to spark business growth. They can fight against groups like the chamber of commerce and other business groups that hide behind the Republican Party but support things like illegal immigration.

Obama had ZERO business experience and 90% of his advisers were just like him, thinking a text book could replace actual experience. It was the relaxing of tegulations that sparked this growth, the tax breaks were the next phase and the last will be the trade policies. Idiot liberals want to give Oabama credit, he had eight years and made doing business in America harder each year. His administration increased insurance costs for small employers, regulations on everything and using the government agencies as weapons.

This is a question actually asked by fried-chicken after I pointed out that some of the biggest beneficiaries of the corporate tax cut would be small businesses.

Why did small business owners need the money?

This is a question actually asked by fried-chicken after I pointed out that some of the biggest beneficiaries of the corporate tax cut would be small businesses.
Which is why you laugh at people that cut and paste what others say because they have zero experience in the real world.

As a small business owner myself I should have been more sympathetic that some businesses don't make as much easy money as I do.

Next month I'm paying 10 people $50 each for 1 hour of work. Why would I pay so much? Well because I'm making $12,000 in that same hour. Tell me again why I need a tax break?

I am 99% sure you're just lying about this but even if you're telling the truth, it just tells me that you truly are a total moron. You're "doing well" so you can't fathom why other small business owners may desperately need more after tax earnings? Small businesses that fail every single day in this country?

Also if you can't figure out how to use an influx of cash and earnings for your business, and choose to whine about it instead, then you're just a bad manager.

I am 99% sure you're just lying about this but even if you're telling the truth, it just tells me that you truly are a total moron. You're "doing well" so you can't fathom why other small business owners may desperately need more after tax earnings? Small businesses that fail every single day in this country?

Also if you can't figure out how to use an influx of cash and earnings for your business, and choose to whine about it instead, then you're just a bad manager.
I'm literally just going to take that money and buy 1000s of pig police socks and distribute them to pee wee football teams.

Unemployment was 4.6% for november 2016 and it was 3.9% for August. Trump gets credit for that

Next month I'm paying 10 people $50 each for 1 hour of work. Why would I pay so much? Well because I'm making $12,000 in that same hour. Tell me again why I need a tax break?

Very few businesses get that kind of return on employee labor. 15 years ago when I had employees, the Minimum wage was aprox $6.50 per hour, My 2 employees were averaging $12.
I was doing good to clear $3.50 per hour on their time. They each were working 30 to 35 hours on the route and I was doing about the same plus all the paper work, errands, banking, ect needed. Usually about 45 to 50 hours per week total. To pay someone $12 per hour as an employee With workers comp, unemployment ins, Paid vacation, Matching SS and Medicare tax, was probably closer to $16 per hour.
If you are paying for 1 hour work each, it has to be as an consultant, which means you have none of those cost. If you are running a small business and are making 12k per hour, you have found some very stupid customers.

Unemployment was 4.6% for november 2016 and it was 3.9% for August. Trump gets credit for that

Why "that"? He gets credit for everything - all of the good, and there's lots of it.

Because let's be real, if the economy had gone south (as every "expert" and left wing goon assured us it would), he would be receiving 100% of the blame for everything. You guys would be in hyperventilating mode to blame him for something every single day.

If you can't understand that your rate of return for 1 hour of work is much higher than most small businesses, then ... well ... err... you are either dumb or lying about it.

If you are telling the truth, and you actually do make that much in an hour of work, and you are disturbed about receiving a tax break, you can ALWAYS volunteer to pay more taxes. It's easy.

Reactions: UCFWayne
If you can't understand that your rate of return for 1 hour of work is much higher than most small businesses, then ... well ... err... you are either dumb or lying about it.

If you are telling the truth, and you actually do make that much in an hour of work, and you are disturbed about receiving a tax break, you can ALWAYS volunteer to pay more taxes. It's easy.
I work with small businesses all the time most of the strong ones are still strong and the struggling ones are still struggling.

He's lying. Anyone who throws around "look how wealthy I am" numbers is lying and trying to either compensate for being unsuccessful, or simply inventing numbers for the sake of an argument.

He's lying. Anyone who throws around "look how wealthy I am" numbers is lying and trying to either compensate for being unsuccessful, or simply inventing numbers for the sake of an argument.
Agreed, his business IQ is very low.

I don't know, I've had hours like that. They are rare, but it happens. In my business, if I sell a piece of equipment that costs 30 grand, I'll mark it up 10 grand.

I don't know, I've had hours like that. They are rare, but it happens. In my business, if I sell a piece of equipment that costs 30 grand, I'll mark it up 10 grand.

He was using his earnings as an argument against needing a tax break. Basically implying it was a regular occurrence not a rare one.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It's going well. It's going as well as it was under Obama when republicans called it shit. But the truth is that the American economy has been humming along for a good while now. We also have serious red flags about the future but the present is strong in most areas. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging the success and difficulties of the American economy right now.

Jobs are hard to fill and wages should hopefully catch up as companies compete. We haven't seen that happen yet but it should happen. It's ok for me as a Democrat to say things are going well for the most part.

It's also ok for republicans to admit that we have issues that are not being addressed regarding deficit, bond yields, and interest rates.

When we start shitting on each other just to shit and not being honest about the success and failures of our country then we aren't being honest about the issues were discussing. I hope we can have honest thoughtful discussions rather than what we've been having here.

Except for that piece of shit 85 who can eat a backpack full of dicks.
The problem is NO WAGE INCREASES...greed

In the OP, there is an interesting statement. "Jobs are hard to fill". Since most of the voting population is in the labor market that seems like a good thing: demand is always good, right? On the flip side, the question at hand is is this good for employers? Is it good for the dollar? Is it good for long term stability in the job market?

Well your paycheck is higher but buys less. You'll have to be the judge if that's a good thing

lol inflation is like 2.6% which is normal in a booming economy. You make it sound as if Jimmy Carter is back in the WH and inflation is 13%.

You're such a petty alarmist when it comes to trying to dump on Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT