ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Bolts! Playoffs start tonight.

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
How far do you think they'll go?

If Vasy plays like the pre All Star break Vasy, we should go deep. If he plays like he has for the past month, maybe rd 2. Our PK needs to step up as well. If both of those things happen, combined with the most potent offense in the league, we should see the Finals.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I don't watch hockey until the playoffs. It's probably the most entertaining postseason.

NHL playoffs are by far the best playoffs. I cant wait.

i bought a $27 kucherov jersey from dhgate.com earlier this season. only downside was it took a month to get here from china. it had a few minor issues but cant beat that straight from the child sweat shop pricing. nothing you could tell about from a few feet away.

If Vasy plays like the pre All Star break Vasy, we should go deep. If he plays like he has for the past month, maybe rd 2. Our PK needs to step up as well. If both of those things happen, combined with the most potent offense in the league, we should see the Finals.

If we avoid the injury bug they can at least make the Finals. However i don't recall a Playoffs where everyone stayed healthy.

I don't blame Vasy as much as I do the bonehead mistakes around the net and the giveaways. Case-in-point last night: Palat's terrible idea to pass to Johnson in the middle in front of Vasy which wound up being a centering pass to Taylor Hall for NJ's first goal. Then there was that awful mixup behind the net in the 2nd period which could've very easily ended up as a NJ goal. It's plagued the Lightning during the second half of the season.

Reactions: OlearyLookAlike
Their defense isn't very good. NJ had a lot of point blank, open shots that Vasy had to stop. Their first goal was the same thing.

If they advance deep into the playoffs it'll be because they're scoring 4-5 goals every night.

Boston will be tough to get through in the second round. I hate the new playoff seeding system. Bolts are dangerous offensively, but theie team defense is sloppy at times. Very beer league hockey-ish.

On a side note I got to play a game last Friday at Amalie before the last game of the season. Really cool time with a bunch of my old UCF hockey buddies. Haven’t played in that building since tryouts for my competitive team when I was in probably 9th grade or so. Bolts really are a first class operation.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
I'm going to the game tomorrow, they better not fcuk this up for me. Sitting in I4 traffic and a loss can't be made up by a stop at Coppertail.

After the game you should take the Selmon Expressway to 75. It will avoid all of the I4 traffic leaving Tampa

After the game you should take the Selmon Expressway to 75. It will avoid all of the I4 traffic leaving Tampa

I don't mess with downtown anymore. Found a surface lot near the roundabout by the cruise ships. Take 60 in and out via 50th. Painless egress.

its not a series until a team wins a game on the road. lets hope our boys can do that tonight.

also wtf is wrong with toronto. they need to make it a series

I don't know if it's as much Toronto as it is Boston being scary good right now. They are playing with a ton of confidence right now. Hopefully Toronto can take some of their steam out because they are rolling.

Toronto is a pretender this year, just like NJ is.

Tampa and Boston are likely headed to an epic clash.

I'm going to the game tomorrow, they better not fcuk this up for me. Sitting in I4 traffic and a loss can't be made up by a stop at Coppertail.
Tampa's growth is crazy. Feels like it has always had potential but screwed up decisions. It is smart to focus on developing on the River instead of over at Chanelside which was very generic and smelled. That new Armature Works looks like something you would see out West.

when we didnt score off those 2 scrappy plays right in front of the devils net, i knew we wouldnt be able to win the game. they had their backs against the wall and knew it was over if the bolts went up 3-0. that just means we can finish the series off at home.

also props to toronto for making it a series as well.

when we didnt score off those 2 scrappy plays right in front of the devils net, i knew we wouldnt be able to win the game. they had their backs against the wall and knew it was over if the bolts went up 3-0. that just means we can finish the series off at home.

also props to toronto for making it a series as well.

Johnson had the goalie hurt and on his ass, unable to stand, yet shot a point blank wide open shot right into his glove anyways. Unreal.

Better win next game

How about Vasy and the defense? Huge to win that game and come home up 3-1.

I just really hope we close this out on Saturday. We could use an easy first round series to get whatever rest we can in between series.

NJ is a much better home team. We need to drill them.

we played very physical against them and it seemed to work. loved it when we dumped that guy into the their bench.

we should be able to close this out at home.

LOL at Kuch being a tough guy. Btw, as much as I want the Bolts to win, I am still rooting for Boyle to beat down whomever he decides to go after. Love that guy.

After watching Boston Toronto, I am much more confident that we can beat Boston. Lots of flaws exposed.

I’m glad they went the full 7

I gotta keep an eye out for this. Fvcking Marchand.

link

22. After Game 1 of the Toronto/Boston series, the Bruins got a, “We’d prefer if you could tell Brad Marchand to stop licking people” phone call from the NHL.

I can’t tell if Vegas is the greatest expansion team ever or if the West is just weak across the board

I can’t tell if Vegas is the greatest expansion team ever or if the West is just weak across the board
greatest ever. they are legit. they have the potential to sweep again. i think it will be 5 games but i think the sharks will win a close game at home somehow.

i know we got the win last night but we are going to need to have vasey continue to play at the high level he was before the all star game if we are going to beat boston.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
i know we got the win last night but we are going to need to have vasey continue to play at the high level he was before the all star game if we are going to beat boston.

I think we're fine. Last night was just pure 60 minute control of the game and exactly how the Lightning wanted to play Boston.

In Game 1 there were 2 total "lucky bounce" type goals for Boston early that kept us behind and eventually they broke away. The 6-2 score didn't really reflect how that game was for 45+ minutes.

My biggest concern is that we did get the benefit of some bad/no calls and the game was still tight for most of the night. We did everything well except put the puck in the net. Boston scores so quick it's a legit concern.

My biggest concern is that we did get the benefit of some bad/no calls and the game was still tight for most of the night. We did everything well except put the puck in the net. Boston scores so quick it's a legit concern.

It’s Boston man. They barely lost out to us for the #1 seed in the East (which makes this new format stupid). This is probably going to be a harder series for whoever advances than the next series.

Great win last night and we take the series lead.

I think Boston comes back strong in game 4 tomorrow night. I hope we can hold them off and win it at home on Sunday.

I like how Boston is trying to intimidate after every stoppage. We are not falling for it and it must be driving them nuts. We are playing more physical between the whistles and the strategy is working. Good on Coop. Btw, can Marchand whine just a little more?

I like how Boston is trying to intimidate after every stoppage. We are not falling for it and it must be driving them nuts. We are playing more physical between the whistles and the strategy is working. Good on Coop. Btw, can Marchand whine just a little more?
yes he can whine more. dont give him any ideas

God I hate NBC. They are practically begging Boston to win this game in pre game coverage.

God I hate NBC. They are practically begging Boston to win this game in pre game coverage.
And in-game as well. The line between the third period and overtime: "Boston's bad breaks cost them" or something like that. How about the Lightning are just a damn good team? Eff Boston. Eff Marchand. And eff NBC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT