ADVERTISEMENT

Let's send off our MKs in style

Nautiknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Cullowhee, NC
Friday at noon the Marching Knights are going to send 70-80 kids in two busses to New Orleans to help our fans cheer on our Knights and bring home the AAC trophy.

Anyone at the game Saturday knows the lightning the MKs brought to our fans at the Ray Jay. For those that don't know the Marching Knights take Marching Band as two credit class. They volunteer their time and many are not music majors. They are not on any kind of athletic scholarship and do what they do because they love UCF. They do it for us and for the team .

So, on Friday if you have time ,please show up at noon at the parking lot near the intramural fields and the MK practice facility and send the kids off to NOLA in style . I would be there but I live 3 states away . Let's let them know how much we appreciate them!

They are taking two busses with 70-80 out of the 400 . GKCO!

Friday at noon the Marching Knights are going to send 70-80 kids in two busses to New Orleans to help our fans cheer on our Knights and bring home the AAC trophy.

Anyone at the game Saturday knows the lightning the MKs brought to our fans at the Ray Jay. For those that don't know the Marching Knights take Marching Band as two credit class. They volunteer their time and many are not music majors. They are not on any kind of athletic scholarship and do what they do because they love UCF. They do it for us and for the team .

So, on Friday if you have time ,please show up at noon at the parking lot near the intramural fields and the MK practice facility and send the kids off to NOLA in style . I would be there but I live 3 states away . Let's let them know how much we appreciate them!

Are they bringing instruments?

I bet if they coordinated a go fund me page to fund a trip for band members to play at the game, they would no doubt reach their today, especially with #UCF Twittermafia getting behind the initiative. I'd chip in.

The MKs added a LOT to the UCF atmosphere at Buccaneer’s Stadium last Saturday. There have been a LOT of posts praising the band on the Facebook and Twitter pages. Now you know why I was so disappointed earlier in the season when the band didn’t travel to FAU. It is awesome that a fairly large pep band of the MKs is heading to NOLA. The Tulane band has around 40-50 members. So our pep band should still be almost double their size.

ADVERTISEMENT