ADVERTISEMENT

Libertarians, shouldn't you guys be mad about the transgender ban?

Exactly the response i expected from you. Can't delineate between the 2 so revert to personal attacks. Well done, stereotype strengthened.

You and Wayne are attacking part of my community including some of my friends, so excuse me for taking offense.

Like honestly, you’re comparing my friends to schizophrenics and “dudes that want their dick chopped off” and I’m in the wrong?

LMFAO

Reactions: NinjaKnight
My favorite is how Wayne constantly complains about the suicide rate of LGBTQ community while not having the intelligence to realize it's backwards ignorant fukstains like himself to blame for their suicide rate.

Just insanity.

Are we to the point where our "libertarian" posters admit they are just ordinary Trump fucboys?

If you were really libertarian you wouldn't give a shit and you would want others to also not give a shit about stuff like this. But it's pretty obvious to everyone else what you're all about

You and Wayne are attacking part of my community including some of my friends, so excuse me for taking offense.
Nope. But doesn't it seem odd to you that you are defensive of your "community"? I thought we were supposed to view people individually.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Are we to the point where our "libertarian" posters admit they are just ordinary Trump fucboys?

If you were really libertarian you wouldn't give a shit and you would want others to also not give a shit about stuff like this. But it's pretty obvious to everyone else what you're all about

Take an anger management class.

i never attacked you or your community. i questioned why people that have high suicide rates and long medical leaves because of elective procedures should be welcomed into the military that is known to increase suicide rates while requiring minimal down time to stay combat effective.

my arguments are about facts not about being morally correct.

Reactions: rediceknight
i never attacked you or your community. i questioned why people that have high suicide rates and long medical leaves because of elective procedures should be welcomed into the military that is known to increase suicide rates while requiring minimal down time to stay combat effective.

If you can’t tell that you disrespected my friends by comparing them to someone with schizophrenia or someone who simply wants their penis cut off, I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re close minded and delusional.

If you can’t tell that you disrespected my friends by comparing them to someone with schizophrenia or someone who simply wants their penis cut off, I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re close minded and delusional.
people with schizophrenia have a problem with reality. transgender people claim they are not the same gender as what they were born. not to mention they have a similar suicide rate, both are about 40%.

i dont think that is a massive leap to think they maybe similar. i dont think its disrespectful to want to get a better diagnosis so that they can get better treatment and lower their overall suicidal tendancies. you may think that im close minded/delusional, but i just want those people to get the right help. i dont think your approach actually helps them in the long run.

Reactions: Crazyhole

Disrepect is an interesting term here. Saying that you are concerned for people who have a mindset that leads to extremely high levels of suicide and want something better for them is disrespectful.

Wayne isnt saying that he wants to control people. He's saying that he's concerned for them and making an objective observation about the trends between transgenderism and suicide rates.

If only there was some other reason that the suicide rate might be so high. Surely it's mental illness.

people with schizophrenia have a problem with reality. transgender people claim they are not the same gender as what they were born. not to mention they have a similar suicide rate, both are about 40%.

i dont think that is a massive leap to think they maybe similar. i dont think its disrespectful to want to get a better diagnosis so that they can get better treatment and lower their overall suicidal tendancies. you may think that im close minded/delusional, but i just want those people to get the right help. i dont think your approach actually helps them in the long run.

Already deep in a hole, you can always count on ol' Wayne to keep digging deeper. :)

Disrepect is an interesting term here. Saying that you are concerned for people who have a mindset that leads to extremely high levels of suicide and want something better for them is disrespectful.

Wayne isnt saying that he wants to control people. He's saying that he's concerned for them and making an objective observation about the trends between transgenderism and suicide rates.
bq and i both want them to live long and happy lives. the ugly truth is the post surgery suicide/hormone treatment rate doesnt get any better. i just dont think his approach has shown to actually work. i think my approach would be better long term.

bq and i both want them to live long and happy lives. the ugly truth is the post surgery suicide/hormone treatment rate doesnt get any better. i just dont think his approach has shown to actually work. i think my approach would be better long term.

You have a PhD now?

In theory, gender reassignment fixes the problem. In practice it has no affect. The problem still and always will exist under these circumstances. Unless you can change a persons dna, it will always be there. Your body is always going to tell you if you are a man or a woman, period. Your mind may not agree with your body and thats where the issue lies. So either figure out a way to change your body beyond just the fascia or accept the fact that you might have to address the mind aspect of it. That isnt a disrespectful or intolerant statement, its just a point of fact.

In theory, gender reassignment fixes the problem. In practice it has no affect. The problem still and always will exist under these circumstances. Unless you can change a persons dna, it will always be there. Your body is always going to tell you if you are a man or a woman, period. Your mind may not agree with your body and thats where the issue lies. So either figure out a way to change your body beyond just the fascia or accept the fact that you might have to address the mind aspect of it. That isnt a disrespectful or intolerant statement, its just a point of fact.

I'd be careful talking about subjects with confidence about which you obviously know nothing about.

I'd be careful talking about subjects with confidence about which you obviously know nothing about.
Fair enough. I can however speak with confidence about my feelings. To that end, i can say with authority that i have genuine concern for these people and don't want to see them commit suicide. My OPINION is that based on the facts that gender reassignment doesnt have a measurable affect on their will to live, there may be other options that would be more effective. I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their life but i cant in good conscience advocate a course of action that doesn't seem to work.

Fair enough. I can however speak with confidence about my feelings. To that end, i can say with authority that i have genuine concern for these people and don't want to see them commit suicide. My OPINION is that based on the facts that gender reassignment doesnt have a measurable affect on their will to live, there may be other options that would be more effective. I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their life but i cant in good conscience advocate a course of action that doesn't seem to work.

You completely miss the fact that even after surgery people continue to mock and demean them (see this thread).

Even after surgery, trans people are discriminated against. It’s harder for them to find partners. It’s hard for them to find people like them.

A whole rethinking of the way society thinks about trans people needs to take place before things can get better.

You completely miss the fact that even after surgery people continue to mock and demean them (see this thread).

Even after surgery, trans people are discriminated against. It’s harder for them to find partners. It’s hard for them to find people like them.

A whole rethinking of the way society thinks about trans people needs to take place before things can get better.
Its hard and it always will be. Being accepted or legitimized doesn't change that. Life isn't easy for anyone. We're all the same, just trying to make it through to tomorrow.

When they studied the issue, government researchers found that on average these people are unfit for service for about six months to a year post op.

We're not talking about a nose job.

It's a matter of having your genitals lopped off with a sharp knife followed by invasive pelvic surgery, stitching, folding and grafts. Solid proof that anybody who submits to this procedure is way too crazy to be issued full auto weapons.

For all the 'dick cutting' obsession in this thread, it should be noted that there are many more female to male transgendered soldiers than there are the opposite.

You have a PhD now?
look i get that you really do care for these people. the lgbt community has called for hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery for these people to make them whole. there have been numerous studies done and all those therapy sessions and surgeries have had no real impact on these people still wanting to kill themselves.

at what point do you question the methods youve been using and if its time for a new approach?

there have been numerous studies done and all those therapy sessions and surgeries have had no real impact on these people still wanting to kill themselves.

Sorry Wayne, but I'm having a very hard time believing you're now an expert on the psychological impact of sexual reassignment surgeries.

Sorry Wayne, but I'm having a very hard time believing you're now an expert on the psychological impact of sexual reassignment surgeries.
im not claiming to be an expert but ive read about a couple studies. the suicide rate of transgenders is about 42-44% depending on the study. all the studies ive seen about post gender reassignment surgery, the suicide rate is still about 40%.

if those surgeries are the answer, why dont we see a noticeable change? feel free to look into it yourself. then feel free to post those articles here.

im not claiming to be an expert but ive read about a couple studies. the suicide rate of transgenders is about 42-44% depending on the study. all the studies ive seen about post gender reassignment surgery, the suicide rate is still about 40%.

if those surgeries are the answer, why dont we see a noticeable change? feel free to look into it yourself. then feel free to post those articles here.

One of the top results when Googling is from The Heritage Foundation - actually, many of the top results were from conservative think tanks - that's pretty sad actually.

To be quite honest - I'm sure the data is pretty thin - as sex reassignment surgery didn't even start until the 60's and it's still not common.

As I said prior, just because someone has their surgery, doesn't mean the psychological torment they receive will stop. Even gay men weren't accepting of trans people until recently and even now, trans people face discrimination within the LGBT community.

We as a society need to grow up and become more accepting of trans people. They are causing no one harm by wanting to feel true to themselves, we should support them.

Why aren't you banning Wayne?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT