ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty coming to UCF in 2024

If this fills our FCS game I'm 100% cool with it. If it fills the G5 game it's okay but not great. Don't need to make a habit of playing crappy G5 teams from out of state. Crappy ones in state? Cool. For out of state, could we get a school in the southeast for the regional visibility?

So...moving on. Is the Arizona State home and home officially off? Haven’t heard a word about it in a while.

For the record, I support Danny White’s persistence to not agree to 2 for 1’s. I think it’s the right play.

But...if you can’t get a home & home from literally anyone in the P5, and you’ve exhausted every possible option, then I’m also of the opinion that at that point - you swallow your pride and take the 2-1. Or away game/neutral...

FAMU, FIU, FAU, Liberty, SC St - I’m over it. And that’s coming from a season ticket holder. I don’t mind losing a game to play someone that will help the program grow.

I appreciate DW’s vision. But still, sometimes you have to adjust.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If this fills our FCS game I'm 100% cool with it. If it fills the G5 game it's okay but not great. Don't need to make a habit of playing crappy G5 teams from out of state. Crappy ones in state? Cool. For out of state, could we get a school in the southeast for the regional visibility?
Agree. If this means we play all FBS programs that year maybe it is okay? But if this fills the G5 slot I'm not feeling it.

So...moving on. Is the Arizona State home and home officially off? Haven’t heard a word about it in a while.

For the record, I support Danny White’s persistence to not agree to 2 for 1’s. I think it’s the right play.

But...if you can’t get a home & home from literally anyone in the P5, and you’ve exhausted every possible option, then I’m also of the opinion that at that point - you swallow your pride and take the 2-1. Or away game/neutral...

FAMU, FIU, FAU, Liberty, SC St - I’m over it. And that’s coming from a season ticket holder. I don’t mind losing a game to play someone that will help the program grow.

I appreciate DW’s vision. But still, sometimes you have to adjust.
Agree with all of this. I haven't heard anything about the AZ State game but really hope it happens.

Reactions: ahabmw
Does this change anyone opinion on our 2 for 1 stance?

2 for 1 P5 games or Liberty?
Not me. It doesn’t matter who we play. We won 25 games in a row and we didn’t even crack the top 10. It doesn’t matter who we schedule so why play games at peoples stadiums when anyone with common sense knows how much “home field” means to wins and losses at the college level. It’s like asking if we have a better record home or away.....duh. They can keep bitching about it, and we can just keep winning. I’d do a home-home-neutral series with anybody.

Not me. It doesn’t matter who we play. We won 25 games in a row and we didn’t even crack the top 10. It doesn’t matter who we schedule so why play games at peoples stadiums when anyone with common sense knows how much “home field” means to wins and losses at the college level. It’s like asking if we have a better record home or away.....duh. They can keep bitching about it, and we can just keep winning. I’d do a home-home-neutral series with anybody.
It hasn't gotten near this point yet, but there can be a point of complacency that would come with winning if we're not challenging our team schedule-wise. I dont have the answer, it's a tough situation for DW, but you dont attract recruits beating team's like Liberty year in and year out. You dont build your program that way. It's not yet time to give in to the P5 elite with a 2-for-1 just yet, but if we get 100% blackballed from home-and-homes with the P5 there will be a point where we'll have to give in.

Last edited:
My guess is that at this point we are not even being offered 2-1s. Nobody wants to schedule a G5 that might beat them. UF was never coming to UCF, and my guess is none of the big boys want to come here at all.

Reactions: Knight_Light
My guess is that at this point we are not even being offered 2-1s. Nobody wants to schedule a G5 that might beat them. UF was never coming to UCF, and my guess is none of the big boys want to come here at all.

The idea that no one is offering 2-1 is a stretch, I'm sure there is plenty of P5 teams willing. However, the top programs might not bother they are not in position to worry about filling out a schedule and no reason to extend a hand.

The scheduling works if the team makes an NY6 bowl consistently, but a few years of Gasparilla bowls the program momentum is going to slow.

It hasn't gotten near this point yet, but there can be a point of complacency that would come with winning if we're not challenging our team schedule-wise. I dont have the answer, it's a tough situation for DW, but you dont attract recruits beating team's like Liberty year in and year out. You dont build your program that way. It's not yet time to give in to the P5 elite with a 2-for-1 just yet, but if we get 100% blackballed from home-and-homes with the P5 there will be a point where we'll have to give in.

a forgotten detail in the Recruiting Thread. Our schedule could be one factor that is making recruiting more difficult for Heup. Impact Recruits want to play on big stages in September and October, not just during Bowl Season if we can get past Cinci

Reactions: shacket
I agree, and can you blame the big boys? If you play in the P5, the current system rewards you scheduling the easiest non conference schedule possible. Some programs have traditional games they play against big time schools (UF, Mich, Stanford, USC, etc. have traditional out of conference big matchups that their fans demand to see). But for the most part, you play the crappiest FCS school you can get at home and you milk that cash cow while not risking your playoff chances.

The idea that no one is offering 2-1 is a stretch, I'm sure there is plenty of P5 teams willing. However, the top programs might not bother they are not in position to worry about filling out a schedule and no reason to extend a hand.

The scheduling works if the team makes an NY6 bowl consistently, but a few years of Gasparilla bowls the program momentum is going to slow.

I don't think it is a stretch at all. For most P5s all they have to do is win their conference championship to be considered for the playoffs. If they are going to play a G5 why play one that risks their record when they can play a middle of the road P5? A Couple of more Gasperilla Bowls and scheduling would get easier, not harder.

I also am willing to bet that DW would take a one and done with a big program. He just does not want to lose 2 home games

Seems like somebody is a little shook that UCF has the best CFP odds this year in FL per ESPN....
If our Knights couldn't make the CFP after going unbeaten during the 2017 and 2018 regular seasons, what's different about this year?

I hate to drop a hard truth, but G5 is still G5 and if history has shown us anything it's that UCF always gets the token "inside track" to the playoffs during the offseason because it's inconsequential. Meanwhile, when the committee selects the top 4 we'll somehow be left out to teams with lesser records. It is what it is.

If our Knights couldn't make the CFP after going unbeaten during the 2017 and 2018 regular seasons, what's different about this year?

I hate to drop a hard truth, but G5 is still G5 and if history has shown us anything it's that UCF always gets the token "inside track" to the playoffs during the offseason because it's inconsequential. Meanwhile, when the committee selects the top 4 we'll somehow be left out to teams with lesser records. It is what it is.
Oh look! He says "our knights" how quaint. No really, you need to just come out now. Both on this board and in your personal life. Its ok to be a UCF hater. We can understand how you feel.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Oh look! He says "our knights" how quaint. No really, you need to just come out now. Both on this board and in your personal life. Its ok to be a UCF hater. We can understand how you feel.
You went to the juvenile attack on my sexuality earlier than I expected, lol. And I came out years ago, sweetheart.

You went to the juvenile attack on my sexuality earlier than I expected, lol. And I came out years ago, sweetheart.
You went there not me. I just want to out you as a UCF hater and someone with a complex that insists on looking for negative attention on a message board for a team you hate and know nothing about.

Reactions: shacket
Pointing out the blatant homophobic insinuation? Yes, I'm doing that. Any other questions?
Look I don't even like @SCKnight but his post was clearly referring to you coming out as a troll, and as a fake UCF fan. Playing the victim of homophobic taunts is pretty damn lame in this circumstance.

If you are actually gay I hope you feel guilty for posting that, think of the gay people around the world who have actually faced injustices. A UCF grad wouldn't pull that move.

It amazes me how much the trolls get fed on this board. Ignore them and they're done, simple as that.
Yeah I'm done responding now just wanted to make sure that other people who haven't followed his 3 day post history know that he is a troll.

Look I don't even like @SCKnight but his post was clearly referring to you coming out as a troll, and as a fake UCF fan. Playing the victim of homophobic taunts is pretty damn lame in this circumstance.

If you are actually gay I hope you feel guilty for posting that, think of the gay people around the world who have actually faced injustices. A UCF grad wouldn't pull that move.
You're going to guilt trip a guy who says he's gay for calling out someone for calling him gay? You gonna tell minorities when they should feel threatened next? Seriously. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe your comment.

I won't apologize for who I am. If you choose to shame me for my sexuality, that's your choice. Quite frankly, I don't see what it has to do with anything in the first place, but the poster I responded to explicitly stated "in your personal life" which is a very blatant insinuation.

Now, back to Liberty. Zero chance Hugh Freeze is still there, so anyone putting that feather in their caps needs to reconsider.

You're going to guilt trip a guy who says he's gay for calling out someone for calling him gay? You gonna tell minorities when they should feel threatened next? Seriously. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe your comment.
Read this thread, and read @SCKnight's post that this guy is talking about. There is absolutely no reason at all for somebody to read that as homophobic. It is clearly not about that at all. Nobody came anywhere close to calling anybody gay. This is about an internet troll.

Since I am a minority, I take offense to your equating the phrase "come out" in reference to an internet troll to threatening a minority. But clearly, you are from Iowa and haven't experienced a lot of diversity, so I'll give you a pass because I think you are trying.

I won't apologize for who I am. If you choose to shame me for my sexuality, that's your choice. Quite frankly, I don't see what it has to do with anything in the first place, but the poster I responded to explicitly stated "in your personal life" which is a very blatant insinuation.

Now, back to Liberty. Zero chance Hugh Freeze is still there, so anyone putting that feather in their caps needs to reconsider.
There is nothing in the world wrong with being gay. Also no way in the world that @SCKnight would even know if you were gay. Totally unrelated to what was being discussed here 100%.

If @SCKnight really is gay bashing, that is on him, but I did not read that "personal life" comment to automatically mean he is talking about your sexuality, and I don't see how that is "clear" at all. You are on an online message board that you joined 2 days ago to troll. Your sexuality (or even gender) is entirely unknown to everyone here.

Read this thread, and read @SCKnight's post that this guy is talking about. There is absolutely no reason at all for somebody to read that as homophobic. It is clearly not about that at all. Nobody came anywhere close to calling anybody gay. This is about an internet troll.

Since I am a minority, I take offense to your equating the phrase "come out" in reference to an internet troll to threatening a minority. But clearly, you are from Iowa and haven't experienced a lot of diversity, so I'll give you a pass because I think you are trying.
I may be a rube, but even I saw where the poster mentioned the guy's personal life which takes it beyond this board. I also reported the post and your response telling him to feel guilty if he's actually gay, fyi.

ADVERTISEMENT