ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty coming to UCF in 2024

Read this thread, and read @SCKnight's post that this guy is talking about. There is absolutely no reason at all for somebody to read that as homophobic. It is clearly not about that at all. Nobody came anywhere close to calling anybody gay. This is about an internet troll.

Since I am a minority, I take offense to your equating the phrase "come out" in reference to an internet troll to threatening a minority. But clearly, you are from Iowa and haven't experienced a lot of diversity, so I'll give you a pass because I think you are trying.
This guy is a troll, has been outed as a troll (yes that is what was referenced) and is making all of this up. When these guys first come to the board I will out them long enough so the usual folks will know. Then I will ignore.

Reactions: shacket
There is nothing in the world wrong with being gay. Also no way in the world that @SCKnight would even know if you were gay. Totally unrelated to what was being discussed here 100%.

If @SCKnight really is gay bashing, that is on him, but I did not read that "personal life" comment to automatically mean he is talking about your sexuality, and I don't see how that is "clear" at all. You are on an online message board that you joined 2 days ago to troll. Your sexuality (or even gender) is entirely unknown to everyone here.
He wouldn't have known if I wouldn't have literally told him in response to his mentioning my personal life, but that's not something that you're going to accept because you've made the decision that he did nothing wrong. That's fine, I'll accept you for who you are, Cletus.

And I really don't want to talk about sexuality here. This is a sports forum, not my parent's living room in 1993.

Also, Hugh Freeze won't be at Liberty in 2024 and he's the only thing appealing about this game. Nobody's ever looked at Liberty in the history of college football and thought they'd get the attention of the pollsters.

I may be a rube, but even I saw where the poster mentioned the guy's personal life which takes it beyond this board. I also reported the post and your response telling him to feel guilty if he's actually gay, fyi.
Good work concerned citizen. I didn't even realize their was a way to try and report someone on here, you are some kind of tough guy.

FYI this is a free board and nobody could give 2 shits. You won't find any gay bashing anywhere on this board that I have seen, and the guy you are talking about is a certified troll that has been here 3 days trying to stir up shit. Glad you got your daily snitch attempt in though.

Reactions: SCKnight
Oh look! He says "our knights" how quaint. No really, you need to just come out now. Both on this board and in your personal life. Its ok to be a UCF hater. We can understand how you feel.

I'm making up nothing and I'm not imagining things. Bigotry is something that I'd expect more from the Iowa troll than a bunch of guys who claim to represent UCF. Knight fans are great people. You and shacket are likely neither.

He wouldn't have known if I wouldn't have literally told him in response to his mentioning my personal life, but that's not something that you're going to accept because you've made the decision that he did nothing wrong. That's fine, I'll accept you for who you are, Cletus.

And I really don't want to talk about sexuality here. This is a sports forum, not my parent's living room in 1993.

Also, Hugh Freeze won't be at Liberty in 2024 and he's the only thing appealing about this game. Nobody's ever looked at Liberty in the history of college football and thought they'd get the attention of the pollsters.
You told him this after the post that you are claiming he targeted your sexuality in. Makes a lot of sense.

The Liberty game is crap, hugh freeze or not, they are nobody.

I'm making up nothing and I'm not imagining things. Bigotry is something that I'd expect more from the Iowa troll than a bunch of guys who claim to represent UCF. Knight fans are great people. You and shacket are likely neither.
Just stop. You just move on to another form of troll. There is nothing here

You told him this after the post that you are claiming he targeted your sexuality in. Makes a lot of sense.

The Liberty game is crap, hugh freeze or not, they are nobody.
Perhaps a better approach would be to target nobody's sexuality at any time? Mmmmm...let's sit on that for a bit and see how it marinates, shall we, boys?

And yes, the Liberty game is nothing but a potential trap game. Should UCF lose it's embarrassing, should they win it's expected. There's no incentive.

I never said anything that was bigoted. Not even close. All I said is that you are fishing for something that isn't there.

I just noticed that @jthawkeyefan is a brand new account too. Must be fun logging in and out to try and grow your troll scheme.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Perhaps a better approach would be to target nobody's sexuality at any time? Mmmmm...let's sit on that for a bit and see how it marinates, shall we, boys?

And yes, the Liberty game is nothing but a potential trap game. Should UCF lose it's embarrassing, should they win it's expected. There's no incentive.
Or maybe one could actually read the fact that it was related to hating UCF here and in your personal life and not your sexuality. But that might require something that would be "reality" which you obviously bring none to the conversation as a troll and a fraud.

Show me what I said that was bigoted? Beyond saying that Iowa does not have much diversity, which is an unfortunate fact.

Or maybe one could actually read the fact that it was related to hating UCF here and in your personal life and not your sexuality. But that might require something that would be "reality" which you obviously bring none to the conversation as a troll and a fraud.
If that's the approach you want to take, take it. I've heard those snides nearly my entire life, but you can stand by your comment if you choose to. The world will be your judge.

How about this Liberty game, huh?

Show me what I said that was bigoted? Beyond saying that Iowa does not have much diversity, which is an unfortunate fact.
If you defend bigotry, you're a bigot. If you're not demanding that it not be tolerated, you're contributing to it. Of course, when you've never dealt with it, it probably seems like a minor thing. When you've dealt with it for decades it's unacceptable. We're on different sides of this equation.

Hugh Freeze never really won much at Ole Miss anyway, but he carries a certain label to his name. One is a cheater, but the other is that a lot of people think he's a big coach.

If that's the approach you want to take, take it. I've heard those snides nearly my entire life, but you can stand by your comment if you choose to. The world will be your judge.

How about this Liberty game, huh?
No its the approach you take. My conscience is clear. At least I am who I say I am. Let me know when you want to discuss your real team.

If you defend bigotry, you're a bigot. If you're not demanding that it not be tolerated, you're contributing to it. Of course, when you've never dealt with it, it probably seems like a minor thing. When you've dealt with it for decades it's unacceptable. We're on different sides of this equation.

Hugh Freeze never really won much at Ole Miss anyway, but he carries a certain label to his name. One is a cheater, but the other is that a lot of people think he's a big coach.
I'm a black guy, so I know a little bit about bigotry. Sometimes accusing people of things that they haven't done is harmful too, both for those that are accused and for the real victims whose claims are considered less credible as a result. Thanks for the lecture though.

Hugh Freeze is not making this game interesting. Get it off the schedule. There is still time to buy it out and do a 1-Game deal at FSU or Miami.

No its the approach you take. My conscience is clear. At least I am who I say I am. Let me know when you want to discuss your real team.
It's not normal to feel no guilt about doing offensive things to other people, but I expected it from a man of your character.

UCF is my team. Has been since Mike Kruczek was at the helm and the Knights were Golden and a D-1A Independent.

For the record we have some gay posters on here and they are welcome and always have been. Trolls are fishing to get us all amped up. No one is really responding to KOC and his rants anymore aside from when he posts actual news in regards to recruiting. So my guess is he’s fabricated a few fake accounts in order to say that he has somebody that believes him.

Shacket is a proud black man, and I’m sure he’s faced some discrimination in his past (sad to say it still exists) and to insinuate he has no feelings on equality is ridiculous. Look at his history and he went toe to toe with someone on the subject defending equality a few months ago.

The quality on this board sucks now and since there’s only like 5 people left that I enjoy talking to or hearing their opinion I’m seriously considering leaving. All the info is available on twitter. If someone more tech savy than I wants to create a board where we can actually moderate it I’d be down to follow. The trolls are wearing on me. I don’t want to pay $10/month for info a day earlier and a group that thinks Heup can do no wrong. Got to be a better way to talk about the team.

I'm a black guy, so I know a little bit about bigotry. Sometimes accusing people of things that they haven't done is harmful too, both for those that are accused and for the real victims whose claims are considered less credible as a result. Thanks for the lecture though.

Hugh Freeze is not making this game interesting. Get it off the schedule. There is still time to buy it out and do a 1-Game deal at FSU or Miami.
At no point have I or will I ever ask you about your race, heritage, or ethnicity. It has absolutely no impact on how I post. However, if I saw someone attacking it, I would step in because I'm not a bigot.

I doubt we'll buy it out simply because it's too close to the calendar. The only way UCF is going to get an elite P5 team to jump on them as a last-minute filler prior to something like 2027 is if we fall on our face in the next couple of years and that's not likely to happen. This has been discussed a bunch on this forum already.

It's not normal to feel no guilt about doing offensive things to other people, but I expected it from a man of your character.

UCF is my team. Has been since Mike Kruczek was at the helm and the Knights were Golden and a D-1A Independent.
Ok, whatever. Enough...

At no point have I or will I ever ask you about your race, heritage, or ethnicity. It has absolutely no impact on how I post. However, if I saw someone attacking it, I would step in because I'm not a bigot.

I doubt we'll buy it out simply because it's too close to the calendar. The only way UCF is going to get an elite P5 team to jump on them as a last-minute filler prior to something like 2027 is if we fall on our face in the next couple of years and that's not likely to happen. This has been discussed a bunch on this forum already.
What could happen, is California schools and others may not play the out of conference showcase matchups that they have scheduled this year, and that could result in schedules moving around for some of the big boys.

Could be opportunity. I agree that we will likely just take our $ and our W from Liberty, but I don't have to like it. And I want more big matchups. At home or on the road I don't care as long as we get our 6-7 home games (counting USF in the years we play USF at RJ). I would even be ok with a year with 5 home games if we had 2 top 25 OOC teams on the schedule.

Reactions: Knight Strength
For the record we have some gay posters on here and they are welcome and always have been. Trolls are fishing to get us all amped up. No one is really responding to KOC and his rants anymore aside from when he posts actual news in regards to recruiting. So my guess is he’s fabricated a few fake accounts in order to say that he has somebody that believes him.

Shacket is a proud black man, and I’m sure he’s faced some discrimination in his past (sad to say it still exists) and to insinuate he has no feelings on equality is ridiculous. Look at his history and he went toe to toe with someone on the subject defending equality a few months ago.

The quality on this board sucks now and since there’s only like 5 people left that I enjoy talking to or hearing their opinion I’m seriously considering leaving. All the info is available on twitter. If someone more tech savy than I wants to create a board where we can actually moderate it I’d be down to follow. The trolls are wearing on me. I don’t want to pay $10/month for info a day earlier and a group that thinks Heup can do no wrong. Got to be a better way to talk about the team.
the Rivals Network has become 70% Stormfront and 30% College Football with no real reliable sources on recruiting. I wish the 247 UCF Board would have picked up steam, there has to be someone with contacts and resources that can relaunch that place

I honestly thought when he said come out here on the board and in his life, I honestly thought it was a dig at being a Gator fan. If you seek to be offended , well you will find offense. There are real victims in life and those who enjoy being in the victim class. My one son had meningitis at 24 days old. He has half a brain and will never marry,never be independent,never walk without help,never fall in love, never attend college, never get a job, never get dressed on his own or prepare his own food or brush his teeth or shower independently. He genuinely can't and I have learned the difference between those who can't in life and those who won't in life.

With that said, I am not gay or black or any other group. I don't know what it is like , but I know this..I know to be kind because I don't know your plight. I don't know what it is to be you. Kyle has taught me this ,don't assume anything about anyone . Just be kind.

With all that said,. As a an alum who grew up on UCF football playing Liberty, I am past it. Hey, Alabama plays Western Carolina , so even big schools play the weak ones. It is what it is.

I was pretty blah about Liberty but I see the sentimental value in playing them again in just a one off buy game. I also trust DW enough for this to be no big deal. Plus my really awkward nephew goes to Liberty so that could be an interesting dynamic for the family.

This thread is interesting. Let’s debate if anyone cares if someone is gay or black, Chinese, a woman, or whatever. Let’s move on. Liberty has s not an interesting game. Nothing else matters.

Games like this will really boost the brand.

Definitely...because the nearly $3 Million extra that this 7th home game would bring in will easily support 4 other Varsity Programs budget for the entire year.

For those that want DW to give up this valuable 7th home game, please donate the $3 Million to help make up for it.

Definitely...because the nearly $3 Million extra that this 7th home game would bring in will easily support 4 other Varsity Programs budget for the entire year.

For those that want DW to give up this valuable 7th home game, please donate the $3 Million to help make up for it.
NOT.....my gosh, Liberty? How about another Florida school that would bring fans, have meaning, and generate even more gameday revenue

Reactions: Knight Strength

Chill out bro. I'd rather cut some non-revenue sports. Why should football be subsidizing them anyway?

It's about the long game. You can take that $3 million check today, but if we picked up some major P5 road wins, that does a lot to help our attractiveness when P5 expansion happens. $3, $6, or $9 million lost is a small price to pay for a better shot at $30 + million a year for eternity. Also, is the $3 mill gross gameday revenue or net profit anyway?

Chill out bro. I'd rather cut some non-revenue sports. Why should football be subsidizing them anyway?

I guess you don't want to remain as a Div I-A program since UCF already has the minimum number of sports required, 16.

I guess you don't want to remain as a Div I-A program since UCF already has the minimum number of sports required, 16.
That rule has been temporarily lifted due to COVID-19, it's on the news. We can suspend 10-12 sports until COVID is gone with no reprecussions.

Long term, I think that's a total bullshit rule anyway. I also think title 9 or whatever is bullshit. That's just me though.

I had to go to Wikipedia. I’ve heard of them but know next to nothing about them. They are Independent and Play 2 or 3 good teams a year and then a bunch of scrubs. Still lost 5 games last year. Hope we aren’t paying them a lot to come to us.

Id take FAMU or BCC over Liberty purely for the fact that their bands halftime shows would be worthwhile.

Id take FAMU or BCC over Liberty purely for the fact that their bands halftime shows would be worthwhile.
When FAMU didn't bring their band last year I was screaming for blood. I wanted to beat them by 500.

If you are FAMU, BCC, etc.. and you come to spectrum/roofclaim stadium, bring your damn band.

As long as the FCS opponent is from FL and the "G5" opponent is from the southeast I'm cool with it. I'm sure some others could better but I like FAU and FIU on the schedule on a semi regular basis.

I don't know enough about Liberty to love or hate this matchup but since it's a one off home game I feel like it's fine. On the other hand, if we we're talking about doing a 1-1 with a "G5" as far away as VA, I would think if we'd be better off with App State.

ADVERTISEMENT