ADVERTISEMENT

Local Women's Roller Derby Matches

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
There is a league that covers much of Central FL with teams located in different cities.

My Neice had a friend on one team and she said they draw some pretty nice crowds to these matches.
Here's some video of a recent match:

I don't get that "sport".

Agreed. We have a league here and my sister in law and a former employee are on a team so I went and watched. It was boring as hell. I expected to see what used to be on TV back in the 80s with girls being knocked off the track and hockey level violence but it was just a bunch of chicks skating around in a circle. The beer was expensive too.

Agreed. We have a league here and my sister in law and a former employee are on a team so I went and watched. It was boring as hell. I expected to see what used to be on TV back in the 80s with girls being knocked off the track and hockey level violence but it was just a bunch of chicks skating around in a circle. The beer was expensive too.
On that video, it there wasn't a whole lot of skating happening. It seemed more of a bunch of stationary women in a large pack trying to knock each other down. When I clicked the link, I was expecting to see exactly what you described...women skating in a circle pounding the crap out of each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT