ADVERTISEMENT

Logan-Greene transferring

I’m assuming he was getting buried on depth chart in Spring. Even before the new recruits come in. They say where he wants to go?

Didn't want to lose him but I thought we heard he was leaving a few weeks ago. Or was that someone else?

We haven’t lost anyone this year to transferring that should effect us this year.

Vedral, Hamilton, CR, and Greene weren’t supposed to be starters. Maybe Hamilton, but he wasn’t even a part of our undefeated team.

The only losses that we have experienced are the few lost recruits to Nobraska, graduating players and Samuel Jackson’s injury hurt.

The Jackson Injury will be the biggest blow IMO as seniors graduating or juniors going to the NFL happens to almost every team.

Any thoughts about the projected starters on the 0-line? Any thoughts on our depth?

The offensive line is the key to 2018. I know that we have JJ, Hudanick, and Wyatt Miller back. 3 solid returning players. If Jake Brown is back, that makes 4. I’m sure that we can find one more solid starter.

So.., at WR, we have Snelson, Davis, Williams, Bargnare, Anderson at times, Tristan Payton and Cam Stewart.

I think 6-7 wide receivers is adequate :grimace:

Oh... then there’s that incoming freshman who runs a 10.4 100 meter that has some size as well

Wouldn't call him a bottom feeder at all
What did he rank in catches and yards last year on team. 7th or 8th? Not going to look it up but he wasn’t even the best receiver on his high school team. He only was considered good because of one video where he faked a guy out in 7 on 7. Not even a real game. I watched a game of his in high school and he barely got ball thrown to him. He was overrated. He’s even transferring to JUCO. Says something about him.

Any thoughts about the projected starters on the 0-line? Any thoughts on our depth?
The offensive line is the key to 2018. I know that we have JJ, Hudanick, and Wyatt Miller back. 3 solid returning players. If Jake Brown is back, that makes 4. I’m sure that we can find one more solid starter.
I think the four you listed start with Boudreaux. If Jake Brown isn’t interested in playing then I think Trevor Elbert plays LT

Reactions: Knight Strength
What did he rank in catches and yards last year on team. 7th or 8th? Not going to look it up but he wasn’t even the best receiver on his high school team. He only was considered good because of one video where he faked a guy out in 7 on 7. Not even a real game. I watched a game of his in high school and he barely got ball thrown to him. He was overrated. He’s even transferring to JUCO. Says something about him.
I understand he wasn't our best but he was only on the team a year and we are stacked at WR so he didn't stand a chance. And Nixon is eligible. And it looks like this years WR class could be really good so I don't think we will miss him.
He posted a respectful message saying he was leaving so it doesn't seem like there's any hard feelings.
My point is only that I don't think he deserves to be insulted by calling him a "bottom feeder".

We haven’t lost anyone this year to transferring that should effect us this year.

Vedral, Hamilton, CR, and Greene weren’t supposed to be starters. Maybe Hamilton, but he wasn’t even a part of our undefeated team.

The only losses that we have experienced are the few lost recruits to Nobraska, graduating players and Samuel Jackson’s injury hurt.

The Jackson Injury will be the biggest blow IMO as seniors graduating or juniors going to the NFL happens to almost every team.

We just replaced Jackson with a 6’6” 316lb grad transfer from Vanderbilt.

Reactions: JAFFX2
I think you could fill a clown car just with our WRs which is why we had to go to a clown bus this season. Hescock alone made the upgrade necessary :)

Reactions: Mikesi
Good choice on his part; we have a lot of depth at OL now from many directions including new recruits coming in.

Thanks for the info. Apparently, he didn’t even start that much if at all in all his years there
Same with our Vandy transfer but I wouldn't mind the maturity and depth. No big deal though. At this time QB and DL are still my bigger concerns.

Anybody know what happened to those QB transfers we were talking about a couple of weeks ago?

I heard he is going juco to circumvent the transfer rules so he can go to Duh-braska next year
You mean so he doesn’t have to sit out or he was blocked from going there? Instead of using the redshirt year he is burning it at JUCO. Will only have 2 years left instead of 3.

Reactions: Knightsweat
You mean so he doesn’t have to sit out or he was blocked from going there? Instead of using the redshirt year he is burning it at JUCO. Will only have 2 years left instead of 3.

It means he can play juco in 2018 and accept a scholly to play anywhere in 2019 without restriction. Yes, a year of eligibility will be used.....I think, some of this comes from following the DaMarcus Smith saga years ago as he left us because he wanted to go to UL but we blocked him.....what a waste of an education for that guy.

seems like a risky path if Nebraska is the goal bc if Frost's recruiting skill positions takes off he could still end up in the exact same position there that he was at UCF(under Frost)

It means he can play juco in 2018 and accept a scholly to play anywhere in 2019 without restriction. Yes, a year of eligibility will be used.....I think, some of this comes from following the DaMarcus Smith saga years ago as he left us because he wanted to go to UL but we blocked him.....what a waste of an education for that guy.
I don’t think he was blocked from Nebraska. Vedral wasn’t. Why take the scenic route unless grades were an issue?

I don’t think he was blocked from Nebraska. Vedral wasn’t. Why take the scenic route unless grades were an issue?

Vedral was initially blocked to preclude any potential for a large number of transfers. That was changed after the completion of spring ball. All that means is he gets his scholarship back but still needs to sit a year.

Vedral was initially blocked to preclude any potential for a large number of transfers. That was changed after the completion of spring ball. All that means is he gets his scholarship back but still needs to sit a year.
Do walkons have the same set of rules on accepting money as scholarship athletes do? Why wouldn’t a booster just pay the schooling for a transfer that was blocked?

Do walkons have the same set of rules on accepting money as scholarship athletes do? Why wouldn’t a booster just pay the schooling for a transfer that was blocked?

Boosters are not allowed to provide cash, services or gifts.....

If a booster gives a player a gift, that's an NCAA violation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT