ADVERTISEMENT

Lol, dems dont even show up to ACB vote

I'm not sure what they intended to accomplish with this stunt. Who is going to be impressed by boycotting the vote as opposed to casting one? What exactly was the political thought process behind this?

I'm not sure what they intended to accomplish with this stunt. Who is going to be impressed by boycotting the vote as opposed to casting one? What exactly was the political thought process behind this?
No one cares, not even you.

What exactly was the political thought process behind this?
Oh, I dunno. Maybe something about checks and balances being absent?

Once upon a time, Presidents had to pick candidates for SCOTUS that both Republican and Democrat Senators could support. But that all changed when Republicans decided that holding up Democrat judicial nominees was the way to go. In their infinite political wisdom, they decided keeping the seats of Obama-appointed nominees vacant was preferable to approving them. So what if courts had to operate with vacancies, the game was more important than keeping our government running smoothly.

But what goes around, comes around. Next year you'll be singing the same sad tune. Only instead of Democrat Senators complaining they have no voice, it will be you and Republicans in Congress. Personally, I prefer the old checks and balances but you know the old saying, you reap what you sow.

Oh, I dunno. Maybe something about checks and balances being absent?

Once upon a time, Presidents had to pick candidates for SCOTUS that both Republican and Democrat Senators could support. But that all changed when Republicans decided that holding up Democrat judicial nominees was the way to go. In their infinite political wisdom, they decided keeping the seats of Obama-appointed nominees vacant was preferable to approving them. So what if courts had to operate with vacancies, the game was more important than keeping our government running smoothly.

But what goes around, comes around. Next year you'll be singing the same sad tune. Only instead of Democrat Senators complaining they have no voice, it will be you and Republicans in Congress. Personally, I prefer the old checks and balances but you know the old saying, you reap what you sow.
You like checks and balances but support a party that wants to end the filibuster.

They thought it was ABC's not ACB. They can't possibly pass basic spelling test.

So do you think ACB is qualified to be a SCOTUS justice?
Hell no she's not qualified. She's way too extremist and biased in her thinking to ever be considered fair and impartial. We're filling a judge's seat, not some partisan hack's.

ADVERTISEMENT