ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for a (potentially) virus-filled way to view the game.

ThreeDogKnight

Bronze Knight
Nov 27, 2005
STL
I live in St. Louis, and I am blacked out from the game...which makes total sense since Orlando and College Park are more than 800 miles away. I could conceivably drive to watch this game, you know. Never can be too careful. :mad: *major sarcasm* *a-hole blackout rules*

Anyone know of any other ways to get this game here? I love Marc Daniels, but I would really like to do more than radio.

I live in St. Louis, and I am blacked out from the game...which makes total sense since Orlando and College Park are more than 800 miles away. I could conceivably drive to watch this game, you know. Never can be too careful. :mad: *major sarcasm* *a-hole blackout rules*

Anyone know of any other ways to get this game here? I love Marc Daniels, but I would really like to do more than radio.
Fox sports app or .com?

If you have a Firestick or want to put it on android just go to YouTube and look that up instead. What are they showing in FS1 instead?

I thought it was just on the main FS1 channel. I didn't know they did regional broadcasts.

I'm on Sling, upgraded to the "Blue" package I need to see the game, and it tells me that this game (and ONLY this game) is not available...WTF
For this to happen, the game must be available on broadcast TV "in your area".
That means "in the area" of where sling thinks your internet access is coming from. So here's some questions for you:
Any chance you're connected to sling through a VPN in the maryland area?
Is the game being broadcast in your area (st louis)?
Have you tried looking at the sling app on your phone via cell network? (eliminates vpn issue)
If all seems on the up and up, call sling. It's thier issue. If nothing else, you'll get a couple months for free or something.

Nope, definitely no VPN via Maryland. It's appearing on the local cable listings (Spectrum). I guess I'll try Sling...I sent them an email this morning, but they responded with a bunch of cliches and a smile emoji.

Nope, definitely no VPN via Maryland. It's appearing on the local cable listings (Spectrum). I guess I'll try Sling...I sent them an email this morning, but they responded with a bunch of cliches and a smile emoji.
If it's showing up in local listings (not FS1), that's the problem. You are in a blackout area. There's a chance the Fox Sports app will work, via your sling login.

I just followed the instructions for downloading Mobdro, guess we will see if this does the trick...I do appreciate the suggestion...

If it's showing up in local listings (not FS1), that's the problem. You are in a blackout area. There's a chance the Fox Sports app will work, via your sling login.
Tried that, unfortunately got hosed...need an explanation on why I would be blacked out on a game halfway across the country, unless they are just blacking me out because I live in Riot City, and people who riot don't watch football...

Tried that, unfortunately got hosed...need an explanation on why I would be blacked out on a game halfway across the country, unless they are just blacking me out because I live in Riot City, and people who riot don't watch football...
It happens to me here in ATL sometimes for FSU games (wife is an alum). The game might be on ESPN or ESPN3, but a local over the air network (peachtree tv) will buy rights, so by law it gets blacked out via any other source in the area.

Should add that I can work around this by using my company's VPN and I can make it look like my PC is in California or North Carolina, so then it's ok :)

It happens to me here in ATL sometimes for FSU games (wife is an alum). The game might be on ESPN or ESPN3, but a local over the air network (peachtree tv) will buy rights, so by law it gets blacked out via any other source in the area.
Is that a cable channel or can you use a digital antenna?

Well, I guess I'm going to try using Mobdro when the time comes....if I'm unsuccessful, I'm counting on someone to post the highlights on YouTube after the game so I can put pictures with the words. I do use a digital antenna, so who knows...I'll try that too. Thank you for the help, and Go Knights!

Well, I guess I'm going to try using Mobdro when the time comes....if I'm unsuccessful, I'm counting on someone to post the highlights on YouTube after the game so I can put pictures with the words. I do use a digital antenna, so who knows...I'll try that too. Thank you for the help, and Go Knights!
Not you. FS1 won't work with it. Mobdro should work. Put it on FS1 now. If it works it will work.

My ex-girlfriend is filled with viruses, maybe you could watch it at her house.
Depending on where you live, she would probably be >800 miles away...which means she's probably in my blackout zone. Probably a good thing, don't need those types of viruses

ADVERTISEMENT