ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like a Nuke went off in Lebanon

Better watch this while you can. Its being scrubbed from the net.

Whos scrubbing it from the net?
The search engines are taking down any news sites with the video of it. There were dozens just a half hour ago. My brother and I are watching them go up and then be taken down a few minutes later

The search engines are taking down any news sites with the video of it. There were dozens just a half hour ago. My brother and I are watching them go up and then be taken down a few minutes later
CNN is reporting on it as is every major news network.

Its possible that the rights to the video were purchased and any article sharing that footage is being told to remove it or pay some money. Plenty of angles of the explosion on tons of sites.

Doesnt look like a nuke and doesnt look like a search engine conspiracy.

CNN is reporting on it as is every major news network.

Its possible that the rights to the video were purchased and any article sharing that footage is being told to remove it or pay some money. Plenty of angles of the explosion on tons of sites.

Doesnt look like a nuke and doesnt look like a search engine conspiracy.

Could be. I just thought that was crazy how quickly they were being taken back down. It doesn't explain why the websites that had it still do, you just can't find them via Google or duckduckgo.

It's all over twitter.

Thats what it looks like when a fireworks warehouse blows up. Totally different. This was a bomb of some kind.

Hezbollah weapons depot or a really shitty nitrate storage. But even with nitrate, you'd need to condition it ahead of time to ignite and blow instantly and uniformly like what we just saw. The 2nd blast was not a fireworks cache going up, no f'ing way.

I agree. After watching Hiroshima and Nagasaki documentaries the last week, this looks like a small Nuke!!!! The only difference could be the red-ish gas that nitrogen gives off in an explosion.

Look up the Davey Crockett nukes we had during the cold War. Small payload, probably comparable to this. I doubt this is a nuke but we really don't have any precedent to know what a small nuke detonated at ground level would look like or do, radiation-wise.

Look up the Davey Crockett nukes we had during the cold War. Small payload, probably comparable to this. I doubt this is a nuke but we really don't have any precedent to know what a small nuke detonated at ground level would look like or do, radiation-wise.

If there was somehow a small yield nuclear bomb used on the ground in Lebanon, who is not a nuclear nation, then we would have far bigger concerns than what happened today. But it wasn’t a nuke so we don’t.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Is there such even a thing as a “small” nuclear bomb??

If there was somehow a small yield nuclear bomb used on the ground in Lebanon, who is not a nuclear nation, then we would have far bigger concerns than what happened today. But it wasn’t a nuke so we don’t.
Likely not a nuke. Watching the slow-mo video you can see how the blast sucks in the oxygen in the surrounding areas like a conventional bomb or explosion. That being said, none of the explanations thus far make sense. First it was a munitions depot, then a fireworks warehouse, then it was a place they were storing aluminum nitrate confiscated from a ship.

Is there such even a thing as a “small” nuclear bomb??
Yes. They are much smaller than what you think they are. Double the size of the biggest one ever created and it only destroys half of Manhattan. The Hiroshima bomb wouldn't even take out my town of 8000.

If it was a nuke i think they wouldnt be able to test radiation levels pretty fast. No one is saying nuke except crazyhole.

If it was a nuke i think they wouldnt be able to test radiation levels pretty fast. No one is saying nuke except crazyhole.
Crazyhole forgives you for your ignorance about this topic. Crazyhole understands that reading comprehension and attention to a particular topic are one of the many struggles that leftists have in today's world.

Yes. They are much smaller than what you think they are. Double the size of the biggest one ever created and it only destroys half of Manhattan. The Hiroshima bomb wouldn't even take out my town of 8000.
Hmmm. Not sure that your data is correct

Hmmm. Not sure that your data is correct
It is, and I was equally surprised when I learned it because I also grew up thinking of nukes as being enormously destructive beyond what I could comprehend. In reality, they aren't the existential threat we have been led to believe. Just for a point of reference, every nuclear weapon ever created collectively could not blow up the entire state of Texas. Nuclear fallout is a different story, but still not enough to disturb life for more than 7 months in an irreversible way. Nuclear winter was never anything more than a theory that was discredited before it was even published.

It is, and I was equally surprised when I learned it because I also grew up thinking of nukes as being enormously destructive beyond what I could comprehend. In reality, they aren't the existential threat we have been led to believe. Just for a point of reference, every nuclear weapon ever created collectively could not blow up the entire state of Texas. Nuclear fallout is a different story, but still not enough to disturb life for more than 7 months in an irreversible way. Nuclear winter was never anything more than a theory that was discredited before it was even published.

Just watched Crimson Tide on Sunday... Thanks for ruining it

Reactions: Crazyhole
You aren’t correct. Texas is 268,000 square miles. Say one nuke destroys 100 square miles. That’s a super, super, conservative estimate. That’s 2,680 nuclear warheads

The United States can probably wipe out every city with over 1 million people on the planet and effectively end civilization

Just watched Crimson Tide on Sunday... Thanks for ruining it

Just kind of a fun video to watch about nuclear testing. Keep in mind the smallest explosion for 50 years was Hiroshima. Watch how many nukes larger than that have been detonated in the american southwest including castle bravo.

You aren’t correct. Texas is 268,000 square miles. Say one nuke destroys 100 square miles. That’s a super, super, conservative estimate. That’s 2,680 nuclear warheads

The United States can probably wipe out every city with over 1 million people on the planet and effectively end civilization
What nuke can destroy 100 square miles?

What nuke can destroy 100 square miles?

A 1 megaton nuclear bomb creates a firestorm that can cover 100 square miles. A 20 megaton blast's firestorm can cover nearly 2500 square miles. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were small cities, and by today's standards the bombs dropped on them were small bombs.

That’s only the firestorm!! Don’t play down the Nukes!!!

A 1 megaton nuclear bomb creates a firestorm that can cover 100 square miles. A 20 megaton blast's firestorm can cover nearly 2500 square miles. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were small cities, and by today's standards the bombs dropped on them were small bombs.

That’s only the firestorm!! Don’t play down the Nukes!!!
The largest active nuke we have is less than 500kt and almost all of them are under 300kt. The 20 Megaton castle bravos are gone, and there was only one tsar bomba ever built. There are no huge bombs left. But like I said earlier, all of the nukes ever created couldn't blow up the entire state of Texas. The tsar bomba would take out most of Houston but put that in perspective relative to the size of the state, and then relative to the size of the world.

The largest active nuke we have is less than 500kt and almost all of them are under 300kt. The 20 Megaton castle bravos are gone, and there was only one tsar bomba ever built. There are no huge bombs left. But like I said earlier, all of the nukes ever created couldn't blow up the entire state of Texas. The tsar bomba would take out most of Houston but put that in perspective relative to the size of the state, and then relative to the size of the world.
I just showed you mathematically how you are way off. If you don’t want to buy facts, I can’t help you

ADVERTISEMENT