ADVERTISEMENT

Loss analysis

ucffan642

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 23, 2015
1) need more than 3 plays: run up middle, wide receiver screens and the deep ball
2). Gabriel under pressure still too young to win. He stares down receivers and only hits the deep ball. No pocket presence and no running ability
3). Absolutely NO pass rush
4). Heupel is a horrible play caller against tough competition
5) Heupel doesn’t know how to use speed to the outside and across the middle

To mimic Heupels stupid phrase:

WE DIDNT WIN IN ALL 3 phases of the game***

1) need more than 3 plays: run up middle, wide receiver screens and the deep ball
2). Gabriel under pressure still too young to win. He stares down receivers and only hits the deep ball. No pocket presence and no running ability

that is not all on DG, it's on playcalling

His play-calling works great against weak teams. It doesn’t work against tough D-lines like LSU and PITT. They have great defensive lines and will not give you time to stand in the pocket for very long. Also, they are not going to allow you to run up the middle.

This team tackles poorly. Our defense is always looking for the knockout tackle and they often miss badly. Arm tackling finally came home to bite them. Frost and Heupel and their DC’s never addressed the arm tackling. Teams can’t win close games arm tackling.

Now you see what it would be like to play 9 or 10 Power 5 games a year instead of 1 or 2. I told all the UCF fans this would be different than playing the Little Stanford Sisters of the Poor.

I'll tack a few on.....

6) Ineffective use of a dual threat QB as a pocket passer
7) Using 180 RBs up the middle on 4th and 2
8) loosing the pages in the playbook that includes QB runs, slants, wheel routes and jet sweeps

Now you see what it would be like to play 9 or 10 Power 5 games a year instead of 1 or 2. I told all the UCF fans this would be different than playing the Little Stanford Sisters of the Poor.

So I guess your saying the rest of the teams in the American are cupcakes. Well I could say the same about the bottom half of the ACC.:sunglasses:

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Pitt literally gets shit on year in and year out by their power 5 games, Its one thing to play power games its another to be competitive in them. literally citadel can "play" 9 power games a year, wouldn't make them a power team.

You got blown out by a by UCF last year and them won by 1 point at home. lol way to show us the true might of Pitt!

This argument makes no sense at this point in the season. Isn't the idea that P5 conferences are so tough because conference play is tougher? We haven't even gotten into conference play yet. Why would the wear and tear of TWO teams make a difference? And if Stanford is a Little Sisters of the Poor school, how does that bolster your argument?

I have trouble believing a lot of these people actually went to college.

Reactions: KnightGeist
If Gabriel is told not to run we’re in trouble. Tonight DG had a 1st near the goal line if he ran but tried to float the pass and missed. Nearest defensive player was 5+ yds away. It looked like he just slammed on the brakes and tried to make the play passing. If we’re going to win CJH needs to quit being a momma hen.

This team tackles poorly. Our defense is always looking for the knockout tackle and they often miss badly. Arm tackling finally came home to bite them. Frost and Heupel and their DC’s never addressed the arm tackling. Teams can’t win close games arm tackling.
Every team tackles poorly now in general....we are not alone. Tackling didn’t factor in the win/loss. In fact, on a couple of occasions the TV crew went out of the way to talk about how good our form tackling was.

This argument makes no sense at this point in the season. Isn't the idea that P5 conferences are so tough because conference play is tougher? We haven't even gotten into conference play yet. Why would the wear and tear of TWO teams make a difference? And if Stanford is a Little Sisters of the Poor school, how does that bolster your argument?

I have trouble believing a lot of these people actually went to college.
Yeah, it’s just an idiot troll. I’m sure the wear and tear from a Stanford game that was over in the first quarter was the reason for the slow start. But I guess disappeared as UCF was rattling off 31 unanswered.

If Gabriel is told not to run we’re in trouble. Tonight DG had a 1st near the goal line if he ran but tried to float the pass and missed. Nearest defensive player was 5+ yds away. It looked like he just slammed on the brakes and tried to make the play passing. If we’re going to win CJH needs to quit being a momma hen.
Exactly!!

Why have a dual threat QB if he is told not to run???

These trolls are not of good quality

Maybe a 1-2 out of 10

Trolls usually have a decent football IQ

Reactions: atsKnight
His play-calling works great against weak teams. It doesn’t work against tough D-lines like LSU and PITT. They have great defensive lines and will not give you time to stand in the pocket for very long. Also, they are not going to allow you to run up the middle.
that's what some SEC fans said when he got hired, put up stats on the bottom half of the Mizzou schedule

situational football calls were bad today

These trolls are not of good quality

Maybe a 1-2 out of 10

Trolls usually have a decent football IQ
Maybe our program IS in real trouble! We can't even get knowledgeable trolls. We're already USF.

Wow, that happened fast. Welp, let's lock ourselves into a big contract with a proven retread coach and whine about how our conference is simultaneously unwinnable and not good enough for us...

Basically he’s saying that Heupel isn’t adjusting

He’s stubborn and not playing to our strengths

It seems like almost every play was a run up the middle or a bomb. Unfortunately that combo wasn’t enough to win.
And the top tweeted quote was from 2 days ago so it’s not like he waited for a loss to happen to make that criticism

1. Needed quick slant or across the middle to beat the blitz.
2. The Dline twists and stunts that were so effective against Stanford were hardly used today, which resulted in hardly no pressure against the Pitt QB.
3. Wide receivers need to learn to lay out or toe the line to stay in bounds for a sideline catch. Failure to apply that standard WR sideline pass catching technique devastated us today.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
1. Needed quick slant or across the middle to beat the blitz.
2. The Dline twists and stunts that were so effective against Stanford were hardly used today, which resulted in hardly no pressure against the Pitt QB.
3. Wide receivers need to learn to lay out or toe the line to stay in bounds for a sideline catch. Failure to apply that standard WR sideline pass catching technique devastated us today.

I agree on #3 big time. Especially Harris who had a couple of chances to bring it in late in the game and he had no control of his feet, he landed out of bounds on two occasions I can remember. If you are going to run sideline routes you need to be aware of where you are compared to the sideline and we weren't a few times.

For the love of god can cam goode ride the pine next week? You would think we would learn after Charlton stupidly spiked the ball against lsu after a stop that these defenders wouldnt feel the need to flex after every tackle. But here goes cam flexing after tackling their qb after a 10 yard gain and giving them all the momentum back

For the love of god can cam goode ride the pine next week? You would think we would learn after Charlton stupidly spiked the ball against lsu after a stop that these defenders wouldnt feel the need to flex after every tackle. But here goes cam flexing after tackling their qb after a 10 yard gain and giving them all the momentum back
Yep. This was a game of momentum. We stole it in a big way and then gave it away on that drive

So I guess your saying the rest of the teams in the American are cupcakes. Well I could say the same about the bottom half of the ACC.:sunglasses:

This was supposed to be your best team ever. We're a middle of the ACC team and we still beat you. Next year and the year after, this would be an old fashioned curb stomping when we get out incoming 4-star players in the system.

This was supposed to be your best team ever. We're a middle of the ACC team and we still beat you. Next year and the year after, this would be an old fashioned curb stomping when we get out incoming 4-star players in the system.
Your 4 stars got curb stomped in orlando last year just like you did throughout high school

I thought 2017 was our best team ever?

Why do outside fans think this is 2017?

It’s a different team with a new QB and a young defense

I dont know. 2017 everyone knows we got shafted and beating auburn gave us a ship.

2018 we really were a step or two down and the MM injury exposed it.

2019 theres hope but we still have a true freshman qb and our defense still taunts after every qb hit

Reactions: Ucfmikes

It’s a different team with a new QB and a young defense

Two days ago, you fans said UCF was underrated and you were already crying about being "cheated" out of the playoffs. But now you have a young QB and defence? LMAO. What changed so suddenly? Oh right -- you played a slightly above average ACC team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT