ADVERTISEMENT

Lost my Mom on Friday

DanUCFfan

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
Its hard to lose anyone, but the pain of losing a Mom is different. Especially a Mom like my Mom.

She always put her kids first. Not just her biological kids, but our friends growing up were her kids, too. Everyone loved my Mom.

My Dungeon Family would love her, because she loved UCF. We grew up in a Gator/Seminole house. When I was accepted to UCF a little later in life for my 2nd and final attempt at earning my college degree, she became a Knight.

W5RFCV2.jpg

She and my Dad became season ticket holders when we were still playing at Citrus Bowl. They were there when we played Texas in our on-campus stadium. Both riding in on their electric scooters, all decked out in Black & Gold. Through their final days on this Earth, they had UCF stickers on their scooters. No Gator or Seminole stickers to be found.

Their health declined, so they couldn’t make it to games after year 2 of our new stadium. Dad made it to a couple football & baseball games. He passed in 2017. Sadly, he missed UCF National Championship season. Mom watched it all from home. Loving every second. We got her to a Spring Game a couple years ago in the Tower Club. She loved it, but even that tired her out too much.

My wife & I were right by her side when she took her final breath. She peacefully passed at home at 2:56am last Friday morning.

Now Mom & Dad are together again and they will have the best seats in the house whenever our Knights take the field.

8yvmoRx.jpg

I love you, Mom. I’ll miss you every day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.