ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Game Friday.

I'm more worried about pass defense this season. We've allowed only 44 rush yards so far. Is it a coincidence Auburn and UCF are 1 and 2 in rush defense so far this year?
Luckily, this QB didn’t look like he was that accurate when I watched them play and get a beat down vs Ole Miss. I’ve been impressed with Tatum Bethune, our LB play has be drastically improved.

My observation is we play too soft at CB and we give up way too many short and intermediate completions. Although, I haven’t seen one deep ball completed. Small sample size, but maybe the defensive strategy is to limit the big plays. If we tackle better, the short passes wouldn’t be so effective.

Luckily, this QB didn’t look like he was that accurate when I watched them play and get a beat down vs Ole Miss. I’ve been impressed with Tatum Bethune, our LB play has be drastically improved.

My observation is we play too soft at CB and we give up way too many short and intermediate completions. Although, I haven’t seen one deep ball completed. Small sample size, but maybe the defensive strategy is to limit the big plays. If we tackle better, the short passes wouldn’t be so effective.
...and no offense to the kid but keep #30 off the field. He was so bad in the first half against Boise. Glad I didn't see him out there in the second half.

Reactions: FoxKnight

I saw a clip where Travis Williams said exactly that. Keep the lid on to limit explosive plays.

Reactions: U C to the F
our D line should match up better compared to the last few seasons with run first 1 read type QBs like Louisville and USF McClain but we’ll see

Several deep balls thrown...ALL ended with PI penalty because our corners never turn to look for the ball. Our pass defense is terrible. Any decent QB with a decent offensive line is going to play “pitch and catch” all day long. I am very concerned about Louisville, Cincy, Memphis and SMU.

I'm more worried about pass defense this season. We've allowed only 44 rush yards so far. Is it a coincidence Auburn and UCF are 1 and 2 in rush defense so far this year?
Jury still out on rush defense I would say. Boise State put up 54 points on UTEP with 6 turnovers, but still only managed 3.3 yards per carry.

Either way it seems like any solid offense will put up a minimum of 20-25 points. And if the turnover margin favors the opposing team then it will be interesting much like Boise game.

Reactions: FoxKnight
Looks like the tropical system will stay south. Game time temperatures in the low 70s should be great football weather. CHARGE ON.

By the way if you wish to see highlights of looserville's first two games they are posted on You Tube. Opps sorry about the Freudian slip, I meant Louisville.😎

Several deep balls thrown...ALL ended with PI penalty because our corners never turn to look for the ball. Our pass defense is terrible. Any decent QB with a decent offensive line is going to play “pitch and catch” all day long. I am very concerned about Louisville, Cincy, Memphis and SMU.
Agree.
Secondary really has me concerned....seems like they rotate guys -- saw Divaad go from nickel to safety. Not sure that these guys are really learning their individual positions. I'd take mastery over versatility in the secondary at this point...
Thus far, the D-Line's improvement is covering a lot of the flaws behind them. There will be a game where we get sorely exposed....the offense gotta be ready for that slug fest and more importantly--the defense has to be ready to stay composed and running high motor still.
That Boise game was a good under the belt "see we can do this" experience for these guys. Pulling/hoping they can continue to be coached/learn as the season progresses; especially with the slinger QB's coming up

• Haha
If our offense plays like we have so far, we win. The defense will give up points because of the running QB but fortunately he's not an accurate passer, slightly over 50%.

Final Score Prediction UCF 38 - UL 28.

I’m thinking we get up in the 40’s in points and 28 for them sounds about right, maybe low 30’s.

Looks like the tropical system will stay south. Game time temperatures in the low 70s should be great football weather. CHARGE ON.

By the way if you wish to see highlights of looserville's first two games they are posted on You Tube. Opps sorry about the Freudian slip, I meant Louisville.😎
Alternate….Lousyville.

I just haven't liked the way we cover. Too many PI calls going against us. If we can clean that up, then we got a real good shot at winning. If we don't, could be a long night. I think they are a bit better on D than Boise, should be a heck of a game.

Anyone know if there is a Louisville pep rally going on Thursday night?

Also, I see there is a Unitas sports hall of fame there. Wonder what time it is open until.

I just haven't liked the way we cover. Too many PI calls going against us. If we can clean that up, then we got a real good shot at winning. If we don't, could be a long night. I think they are a bit better on D than Boise, should be a heck of a game.
You think we’re going to clean up our secondary on a short week away game? We’ll be lucky if they clean up the coverage by the bowl game

UCF really needs to Shock-n-Awe Loserville to have a chance to be considered for top team. I suspect duh cards to be improved having two games under their belt. UCF first road game. Friday night under the lights. I'm expecting a UCF total blow out on loserville. That's just me though, your mileage may vary.

UCF really needs to Shock-n-Awe Loserville to have a chance to be considered for top team. I suspect duh cards to be improved having two games under their belt. UCF first road game. Friday night under the lights. I'm expecting a UCF total blow out on loserville. That's just me though, your mileage may vary.
Louisville is not a good football team, Boise is way better. If we lose, we will know that we aren’t a good football team and expect to lose 3-4 more games minimum. We should roll this team.

Louisville is not a good football team, Boise is way better. If we lose, we will know that we aren’t a good football team and expect to lose 3-4 more games minimum. We should roll this team.
It's still a road game and 'Ville has recruited well since being in the ACC and reaped the benefits as being P5. The question is if their coaching translates into performance on the field, and if they can motivate their players...same arguement as Miami. I feel UCF will pull it out, but it will be close going into the 4th. Prove me wrong Knights!

I'm more concerned about the odds DG pulls out a W on the road. I don't think we've yet to see him have a commanding performance in a decent road environment yet. He seemed to crumble a bit his freshman year, and last year was hard to judge with limited fans.

It's still a road game and 'Ville has recruited well since being in the ACC and reaped the benefits as being P5. The question is if their coaching translates into performance on the field, and if they can motivate their players...same arguement as Miami. I feel UCF will pull it out, but it will be close going into the 4th. Prove me wrong Knights!

WKU

8:00pm ET | ACCN

W 35-21
Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule

SATURDAY, SEP 19

Miami (FL)

7:30pm ET | ABC

L 47-34
Pitt Panthers Football Schedule

SATURDAY, SEP 26

at Pitt

12:00pm ET | ACCN

L 23-20

SATURDAY, OCT 3

OFF​

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Football Schedule

FRIDAY, OCT 9

at Georgia Tech

7:00pm ET | ESPN

L 46-27
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football Schedule

SATURDAY, OCT 17

at Notre Dame

2:30pm ET | NBC

L 12-7
Florida State Seminoles Football Schedule

SATURDAY, OCT 24

Florida State

12:00pm ET | RSN/ESPN3

W 48-16
Virginia Tech Hokies Football Schedule

SATURDAY, OCT 31

Virginia Tech

4:00pm ET | ACCN

L 42-35

SATURDAY, NOV 7

OFF​

Virginia Cavaliers Football Schedule

SATURDAY, NOV 14

at Virginia

3:30pm ET | ACCN

L 31-17
Syracuse Orange Football Schedule

FRIDAY, NOV 20

Syracuse

7:30pm ET | ESPN

W 30-0
Boston College Eagles Football Schedule

SATURDAY, NOV 28

at Boston College

4:00pm ET | ACCN

L 34-27

SATURDAY, DEC 5

OFF​

Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Schedule

SATURDAY, DEC 12

Wake Forest

12:00pm ET | ACCN

W 45-21

Crazy to think how far we’ve come from UCiF who could never beat P5 teams to a program that is looking for a P5 win for the 5th straight year. This is also the 5th straight regular season P5 opponent where we have been favored by at least a touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT