ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs UCF

Tigercoop40

High School Harry
Dec 3, 2018
I haven't used Rivals much and didn't know new members have a post limit before getting timed out for a minute on posting.

I'm looking forward for the matchup between LSU and UCF. I know both teams aren't 100% for the upcoming game.

Offensively:
QB - I've enjoyed watching Burrow play this year and he showed a lot of heart in the Texas A&M game. He's shown a lot of grit especially in the run game via RPO's or scrambles. LSU fans want to see him slide, but he likes to lower his shoulder. Our WR's throughout the season have had a bad habit of dropped balls which have killed drives and hurt Burrow's numbers.

OL - For LSU this should be the healthiest our OL has been all season. It's kinda been a Jekyll or Hyde thing for us. Either they are really on or really off.

RB - For LSU we don't have the typical dominant RB we've seen years past with guys like Fournette and Guice. Brossette isn't your typical in between the tackles RB and he runs better out of the Spread. Edwards-Helaire is best described as a pinball. Likes to bounce off tacklers and create big plays.

WR/TE - Jefferson has been the most reliable guy for us this season. I wish we utilized Moreau(TE) more in the passing game, but he has been fighting an injury most the season. We have a few tall guys and some talented young guys. You will probably see a rotation of 6-7 WR's throughout the game.

Defensively:

This is a big question mark for us going into the game. Attrition has hit us pretty hard throughout the season. We will be down five of our day one starters on defense for the game, and another will miss the first half. Our scheme is mostly a 3-4 where the DL eats blocks freeing up holes for the LB's.

DL - We will be without our LDE Fehoko for the game after surgery. The starting three should be Logan, Alexander, and Lawrence. Alexander and Lawrence are very experienced.

LB - There was a lot of hype for Chaisson at the beginning of the season, but he tore his ACL Week 1 vs Miami. White has said he will be playing in the bowl game for us after a lot of speculation he would be leaving early for the draft. Phillips is suspended for the first half due to a targeting call in OT vs Texas A&M. White has been an AA for awhile now and I think White and Phillips together are two of the best ILB tandems in the country. Queen will probably be replacing Phillips for the first half. Divinity has stepped up this season for us at LB as well. If you haven't seen White play, his speed will surprise you for his size.

DB - We will be down three of our starters for this game. Greedy declared for the draft and should be a Top 5 pick. Fulton had surgery recently. Battle was injured during the Bama game and hasn't played since. Delpit is one of the top S in the country and should be an AA. We are very thin at DB now, and the backups haven't seen a tremendous amount of in game reps.

Special Teams:

Kicking - Tracy(PK), Von Rosenberg(P), and Atkins(KO) have been huge for us in the kicking game. Tracy is 1st team All SEC and Von Rosenberg is 2nd team All SEC. Tracy is also up for the Groza.

Return - This has been an area of concern for us this season. Our returners haven't had much of a chance this year to return anything. Giles had a huge muffed punt against Texas A&M that shifted the momentum back to them. Coach O may be trying someone new on PR for this game.

Hope to have some fun discussions leading up to the matchup in Phoenix. Geaux Tigers!

Nice, what’s your score prediction. Btw don’t take most of the insults srsly, we are just having fun.

The question marks are interesting going into the game for a score prediction.

UCF is still working a new QB that LSU won't have much game film on. On the flip side the speed and talent on LSU's defense is a lot better than Memphis(even down all the starters).

I think if our Defense was 100% UCF would struggle to reach 30+ points like a lot of people on here think. Unfortunately for us, we are nowhere near 100%. I expect to see growing pains and possible blown coverage in the secondary missing three starters reminiscent to the Texas A&M game.

Fulton and Greedy together was probably one of the top CB tandems in college this year. Having to replace both won't be easy.

The three things that concern me about LSU in this game are:
1. If LSU gets a lead we get conservative and try to coast; example: Arkansas game.
2. Our OL has to show up and protect Burrow.
3. Offense has to limit 3 and Outs and not have our D live on the field. Our first three drives against Texas A&M resulted in 3 and Outs I believe.

If we can do the things we need to do in the game I like LSU's chances like yall like UCF's chances.

LSU 31 UCF 17

Should be an interesting matchup with your defense. I'm positive we've seen better QB/RB combos this year(not sure about WR), but the size you will have on both side of the trenches is concerning. I can never tell what is SEC hype when comparing the teams we've played to LSU.

UCF- 38
LSU- 24

This is a game our defense tightens up. There is too much talent back there for a month of prep to get blown away by bad play calling.

I haven't used Rivals much and didn't know new members have a post limit before getting timed out for a minute on posting.

I'm looking forward for the matchup between LSU and UCF. I know both teams aren't 100% for the upcoming game.

Offensively:
QB - I've enjoyed watching Burrow play this year and he showed a lot of heart in the Texas A&M game. He's shown a lot of grit especially in the run game via RPO's or scrambles. LSU fans want to see him slide, but he likes to lower his shoulder. Our WR's throughout the season have had a bad habit of dropped balls which have killed drives and hurt Burrow's numbers.

OL - For LSU this should be the healthiest our OL has been all season. It's kinda been a Jekyll or Hyde thing for us. Either they are really on or really off.

RB - For LSU we don't have the typical dominant RB we've seen years past with guys like Fournette and Guice. Brossette isn't your typical in between the tackles RB and he runs better out of the Spread. Edwards-Helaire is best described as a pinball. Likes to bounce off tacklers and create big plays.

WR/TE - Jefferson has been the most reliable guy for us this season. I wish we utilized Moreau(TE) more in the passing game, but he has been fighting an injury most the season. We have a few tall guys and some talented young guys. You will probably see a rotation of 6-7 WR's throughout the game.

Defensively:

This is a big question mark for us going into the game. Attrition has hit us pretty hard throughout the season. We will be down five of our day one starters on defense for the game, and another will miss the first half. Our scheme is mostly a 3-4 where the DL eats blocks freeing up holes for the LB's.

DL - We will be without our LDE Fehoko for the game after surgery. The starting three should be Logan, Alexander, and Lawrence. Alexander and Lawrence are very experienced.

LB - There was a lot of hype for Chaisson at the beginning of the season, but he tore his ACL Week 1 vs Miami. White has said he will be playing in the bowl game for us after a lot of speculation he would be leaving early for the draft. Phillips is suspended for the first half due to a targeting call in OT vs Texas A&M. White has been an AA for awhile now and I think White and Phillips together are two of the best ILB tandems in the country. Queen will probably be replacing Phillips for the first half. Divinity has stepped up this season for us at LB as well. If you haven't seen White play, his speed will surprise you for his size.

DB - We will be down three of our starters for this game. Greedy declared for the draft and should be a Top 5 pick. Fulton had surgery recently. Battle was injured during the Bama game and hasn't played since. Delpit is one of the top S in the country and should be an AA. We are very thin at DB now, and the backups haven't seen a tremendous amount of in game reps.

Special Teams:

Kicking - Tracy(PK), Von Rosenberg(P), and Atkins(KO) have been huge for us in the kicking game. Tracy is 1st team All SEC and Von Rosenberg is 2nd team All SEC. Tracy is also up for the Groza.

Return - This has been an area of concern for us this season. Our returners haven't had much of a chance this year to return anything. Giles had a huge muffed punt against Texas A&M that shifted the momentum back to them. Coach O may be trying someone new on PR for this game.

Hope to have some fun discussions leading up to the matchup in Phoenix. Geaux Tigers!

Appreciate the breakdown! Here is my friendly unbiased breakdown of UCF that unfortunately wont be given by the so called pundits.

Qb- losing milton obviously a huge blow. Mack had a great game but started out shaky. We have yet to see if he can handle getting hit by a pass rush (something LSU is capable of) because our o-line is really good(more on that later). Mack is 6’3 235 and is really a big rb who can throw. Passing he doesnt have the touch milton does (not many do) but he does have a cannon for an arm and has playmakers at his disposal. Interested to see the gameplan for him against a talented LSU.

RB- this is where LSU will be surprised IMO. UCF doesnt have one guy to key on, they have 4! Mccrae was the number 4 at start of season as a walk on and is now the clear #1. He has that vision you cant teach a rb. He is patient and then explodes and can make people miss. When it goes to 3rd or 4th and short? Well give it to TAJ mcgowan, who as a senior now looks like Tay Murray. Can get that yard but cant also break it. Otis Anderson can play slot teceiver or rb depending on scheme and is shifty and also returns punts and then there is the fastest man in college football accoring to tjlsudad Adrian Killins. AK lacks the vision that makes Mccrae so dangerous but AK usually comes in when the defense is tired and he is a legit 100 meter state champion at track.

OL- the oline never gets glory but make no mistake, UCF’s weapons are incredible but it wouldnt be so dominate without the line. This line is an SEC line playing in the American. Miller and Jordan will be drafted and the other underclassmen will likely also be drafted.

WR- Snelson 4 star
Gabe davis literally Randy moss
Tre Nixon 4 star ole miss transfer
marlon Williams big bodied slot receiver, might be a hybrid te someday
Otis anderson (rb) can also split oit wide for a mismatch.

How good are these receivers? 4 star Kevon Ahmed is redshirting and 4 star senior WR Tristan Payton only sees the field on special teams. Not sure what your depth behind your too cbs is, but this can be problematic for LSU especially if Mack is given time to throw

Also, these WRs are really good blockers downfield which makes running game even more dangerous

TE- Colubiale is a sixth year senior and Jake Hescock is a solid transfer. The TEs block decent but not great and are above average but nothing special but thwy are experienced and can catch a critical td pass when defenses key on others.

Ok that was alot so I will post and start on the defense....

Offensively:

Defensively:

Special Teams:

Ok Defense:

We lost first rounder shutdown corner Mike Hughes to the Vikings and demon lineback Shaquem Griffin who quite literally ruined Auburn last year. A couple notes, we ran a 3-4 last year and took big risks with a bad dc last year and in spite of this, came up with key takeaways last year. This year’s defense is less talented bc of NFL departures...but better coached IMO because we have a proven DC in Randy Shannon.

DL- Trystan Hill probably a pro soon at DT. kid can get in the backfield. DE’s are less proven though Titus Davis and Brenden Hayes can get home at key moments. D line isnt dominant by any means but also not a doormat. Just average IMO.

Linebackers- Burgess becker is a 4 star bama transfer and gilyard is a true freshman 4 star. However, gilyard often subs behind senior Pat Jasinski who is experienced and a good downhill LB but often gets burned in coverage. Honestly dont know which backers show up, 1st half historically bad against memphis or totally dominant backers in 2nd half against memphis. Honestly this unit could determine game. If they are who they can be, LSU cant run and UCF has time to figure out LSU’s defense.

Secondary- SEC caliber. Richie Grant has 7 picks and 3 FF. He is reason why starter Tre Neal followed coach Frost to Nebraska as a transfer. Safety Kyle Gibson is a 4 star who can stuff run and also make big hits. Clarke and Moore are also difficult to beat deep.

So in a nutshell if LSU is behind late and has to throw, it is not good for you.

Quick Special Teams hit:

Senior punter Mac Loudermilk isnt needed much but i would say he is a good pro prospect

Kicker Kyle Wright doesnt have a huge leg, but consider anything 40 yards or shorter a successful FG

Interested to hear what you all think

I think DL matches up well with the LSU OL. There have been times this year when the DL didnt look great but I've watched LSU's OL all year and they aren't very good.

It comes down to QB play in college football. Passing, getting the team into the right blocking schemes, and not turning the ball over. Then they'll be 4-5 plays that sway the game one way or the other.

Reactions: Mikesi
LSU always has a lot of talent as shown by the NFL draft but they never seen to have a consistent program style of play. They have a lot of great plug and play players and just work around that. They also seem to change OCs and DCs a lot.

UCF may not have the players that LSU has but they have an offensive identity that the players fit into. That is where I see the difference in this game.

One of the discussions that comes up EVERY time UCF plays a P5 team, especially ranked ones, is can UCF handle the physicality and athleticism of the opponent? At this point, I think the better question is going to be, "Is LSU expecting the physicality and athleticism they are going to see?"

I have watched LSU three times this year - vs. Miami, vs. Florida, vs. Georgia.
I have watched UCF four times this year - vs. Memphis twice, vs. Cincy, vs. USF. Based on those games I expect a high scoring game but I feel that LSU is going to have a hard time outscoring UCF. I say UCF 49 LSU 42

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Everyone likes to say how horrible our defense is because of 1-1/2 bad games, but even if that horrible defense is what we get on Jan 1, it's not like LSU has a vaunted offense. If the bad UCF D shows up, LSU scores in the 30s and we have to win in a shoot out, which we're still capable of but no guarantees. If the UCF D comes to play, UCF wins 34-24.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
giphy.gif

I think our speed gets the best of LSU. Speed of our players and the speed of our offense (game play and players). O-line highly effective also.

It's really crazy how fast killins is. And his acceleration is sick!

One of the discussions that comes up EVERY time UCF plays a P5 team, especially ranked ones, is can UCF handle the physicality and athleticism of the opponent? At this point, I think the better question is going to be, "Is LSU expecting the physicality and athleticism they are going to see?"
Most people say we don’t have depth. Which makes no sense because if we don’t get hurt what’s the difference in depth for 1 game?

Anyone want to make any predictions on how many times LSU players take a flop to slow us down?

Reactions: AAC6800
BALL SECURITY! BALL SECURITY! BALL SECURITY!

Sorry, just wanted to stress Ball Security. Mack's gonna see the most difficult D line he'll face between now and all of next year and he's going to have to be quicker with the decision to pass or tuck & run, but when he does tuck and run for the love of George, secure the dang ball. And that goes for the RB's/WRs too fighting for every yard. Know your situational awareness, if you've got enough for the 1st down it's ok if they tackle you: don't put the ball on the ground.

If UCF doesn't turn the ball over and Heupel calls the game like he did against Memphis, UCF is going to score at least 30 points.

The D might end up surprised that the LSU O they face is a cross b/w a Temple & Cincinnati with a much better O Line to protect their QB without worrying about an NFL RB all-star pro like Henderson and that guy from FAU in the backfield. But like any offense, if you give the QB enough time, they're gonna burn you. 2 guys should be on Jefferson at all times and someone needs to spy the QB.When in position to make the tackle, make it. Some Geometry 101 might help also regarding angles to take.

Reactions: muckdawg24
Did I see this right:

Kentucky vs Penn State on ABC

UCF vs LSU on ESPN

Wouldn’t you think it would be the other way around for tv?

I really don’t think we have to worry about LSU trying. Practically everyone wants to see us lose. We are definitely no feel good story or Cinderella.

BALL SECURITY! BALL SECURITY! BALL SECURITY!
Yep. The AAC CCG brought our turnover margin down from -14 to -11.

If Mack has four (4) turnovers against LSU, we're going to have a really bad day. I can see it happening too.

But if we don't, I like our chances.

BTW, if Mack does have four (4) turnovers, I do not want our fans saying the BS they did towards Milton after Maryland and other games in 2016.

Mack is a RS Freshmen, and understand he's just now getting serious game time.

BTW, if Mack does have four (4) turnovers, I do not want our fans saying the BS they did towards Milton after Maryland and other games in 2016.
He needs to transfer. There. I said it before the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT