ADVERTISEMENT

Lt. Col. Vindman opening remarks before Congress show quid pro quo.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/28/7742...t-lt-col-alexander-vindmans-opening-statement

And he reported it when it happened. It's pretty obvious that there is going to be a paper trail showing ambassador sondland and then President Trump requested an investigation into Trumps main political opponent at the time in exchange for foreign aid and political access.

Is this where the argument shifts from "there was no quid pro quo" to "quid pro quo isn't a bad thing?"

On July 10, 2019, Oleksandr Danylyuk, the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council for Ukraine, visited Washington, D.C. for a meeting with National Security Advisor Bolton. Ambassadors Volker and Sondland also attended, along with Energy Secretary Rick Perry.

The meeting proceeded well until the Ukrainians broached the subject of a meeting between the two presidents. The Ukrainians saw this meeting as critically important in order to solidify the support of their most important international partner. Amb. Sondland started to speak about Ukraine delivering specific investigations in order to secure the meeting with the President, at which time Ambassador Bolton cut the meeting short.

Following this meeting, there was a scheduled debriefing during which Amb. Sondland emphasized the importance that Ukraine deliver the investigations into the 2016 election, the Bidens, and Burisma. I stated to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate, that the request to investigate Biden and his son had nothing to do with national security, and that such investigations were not something the NSC was going to get involved in or push. Dr. Hill then entered the room and asserted to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate.

Following the debriefing meeting, I reported my concerns to the NSC's lead counsel. Dr. Hill also reported the incident to the NSC's lead counsel.

Interesting that he is concerned that an investigation into Biden would cause Ukraine to lose bipartisan support. If our funding to Ukraine is so important why would this cause Democrats to stop the support?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Interesting that he is concerned that an investigation into Biden would cause Ukraine to lose bipartisan support. If our funding to Ukraine is so important why would this cause Democrats to stop the support?
Because it would be a sham investigation intended to harm the leading Democrat presidential candidate. To do something like that could damage relations with democrats.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Only one party said, "you want our support? Well you're going to need to pick a side and harm the other party by announcing an investigation."

It's such a Trumpian thing to do and it's an abuse of power. It's the latest and most egregious example of Trump misusing the power of the office of President. To many it's shown that he cannot be trusted to use that power ethically and that it's dangerous to allow him to keep that power. Therefore he will be impeached and the Senate will need to search their souls to decide if they are going to protect their party or their country.

You want to know how Ambassador Sondland got the job as ambassador? Well he ran hotels prior to this position and he donated $1 million to the inauguration.

That's literally it and he's making demands that put the US Ukrainian relationship at risk by forcing them to either be a political tool against Joe Biden or not have access to meet with the president.

Because it would be a sham investigation intended to harm the leading Democrat presidential candidate. To do something like that could damage relations with democrats.

If it's a sham, why did Ukraine put people in prison for interfering with the US elections to help Clinton?

Crazyhole. If you think this is ok behavior from a president then it's clear that you'll just never give a shit about how a president uses the office as long as it's a Republican. You're a basic chud.

The saddest part of this whole crazy Ukraine scenario -- and NATO, and Russia, and the Middle East, yadda, yadda, yadda -- is that it's clear to world leaders that United States foreign policy is now schizophrenic.

Would YOU want to trust a government that could flip its position at the drop of a hat or a presidential election?

Explain away, turbo chud.
You really are an asshole, so congrats on that accomplishment.

The people who are on tape talking about how they helped the Clinton campaign are associates with the people who biden deposited missing aid funds into their bank. Why did a ukrainian oligarch who was on a travel ban get his ban lifted just a few days after naming Bidens son to the board of directors of his country? Why did Hunter biden get named to the BOR of a company when he has zero experience in that field and is an acknowledged alcoholic and cocaine addict?

Please tell me that these things are unrelated. Meanwhile, I'm going to read the Jussie Smollet thread as a reminder of how you have zero critical thinking skills.

You really are an asshole, so congrats on that accomplishment.

The people who are on tape talking about how they helped the Clinton campaign are associates with the people who biden deposited missing aid funds into their bank. Why did a ukrainian oligarch who was on a travel ban get his ban lifted just a few days after naming Bidens son to the board of directors of his country? Why did Hunter biden get named to the BOR of a company when he has zero experience in that field and is an acknowledged alcoholic and cocaine addict?

Please tell me that these things are unrelated. Meanwhile, I'm going to read the Jussie Smollet thread as a reminder of how you have zero critical thinking skills.
The easiest way to spot a conspiracy theorist is instead of making statements of fact they typically just ask vague questions.

How did the steel beams in the WTC melt when jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt them?

How did the moon lander get through the atmosphere without radiation protection.

How did JFKs head move in the direction it did?

Until you have facts and not questions I'd sit this one out before you look like a conspiracy theorist.

The easiest way to spot a conspiracy theorist is instead of making statements of fact they typically just ask vague questions.

How did the steel beams in the WTC melt when jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt them?

How did the moon lander get through the atmosphere without radiation protection.

Until you have facts and not questions I'd sit this one out before you look like a conspiracy theorist.

[roll][roll]

The jackass who flooded this board with conspiracy theories for 2 years involving Russia is now suddenly against conspiracy theories.

Ok, facts.

Ukraine convicted people of interfering with US elections on behalf of Clinton. Those people are associates of a guy that Biden gave over 2 billion dollars of US aid to which went missing. The guy in question had his travel ban lifted just a few days after biden visited the Ukraine. Biden visited shortly after his son was named to the board of directors of the guy in questions energy company. The guy in question gave a billion dollars to hunter bidens sons company who had no experience in the energy sector.

There, no damning question marks that set you into an autistic fit of rage.

Ok, facts.

Ukraine convicted people of interfering with US elections on behalf of Clinton. Those people are associates of a guy that Biden gave over 2 billion dollars of US aid to which went missing. The guy in question had his travel ban lifted just a few days after biden visited the Ukraine. Biden visited shortly after his son was named to the board of directors of the guy in questions energy company. The guy in question gave a billion dollars to hunter bidens sons company who had no experience in the energy sector.

There, no damning question marks that set you into an autistic fit of rage.
Here's a damning question mark. You've described possible corruption that potentially occurred by people who knew Joe Biden. You didn't describe any corruption by Joe Biden. What does any of that have to do with Joe Biden? If were saying knowing people who are corrupt is worthy of an investigation then the case for impeachment just got stronger.

Here's a damning question mark. You've described possible corruption that potentially occurred by people who knew Joe Biden. You didn't describe any corruption by Joe Biden. What does any of that have to do with Joe Biden? If were saying knowing people who are corrupt is worthy of an investigation then the case for impeachment just got stronger.

Biden was the point man for Ukraine and was responsible for distributing aid funds to them. The money going missing is enough to investigate, the details surrounding it make it look like an example of corruption.

FTR, I think this whole story has more to do with the state dept than anyone, but Biden has responsibility as well.

Biden was the point man for Ukraine and was responsible for distributing aid funds to them. The money going missing is enough to investigate, the details surrounding it make it look like an example of corruption.

FTR, I think this whole story has more to do with the state dept than anyone, but Biden has responsibility as well.
Joe Biden didn't take 2 billion dollars HTH.

He doesn't have time to explain the complexity of deep state to you.
Seriously? The left has been all about a conspiracy involving the trump campaign and a foreign government. Is our government somehow immune to the same level of skepticism at all times, or is that reserved for when we award bids to companies like Halliburton?

Seriously? The left has been all about a conspiracy involving the trump campaign and a foreign government. Is our government somehow immune to the same level of skepticism at all times, or is that reserved for when we award bids to companies like Halliburton?

Ohhhhh, you might be right. Maybe Trump is part of the deep state too? I didn't think of that!

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/28/7742...t-lt-col-alexander-vindmans-opening-statement

And he reported it when it happened. It's pretty obvious that there is going to be a paper trail showing ambassador sondland and then President Trump requested an investigation into Trumps main political opponent at the time in exchange for foreign aid and political access.

Is this where the argument shifts from "there was no quid pro quo" to "quid pro quo isn't a bad thing?"
Sounds like a typical psycho Guiliani quote.....so what if he did it? it's not a crime, he cannot be indicted

The saddest part of this whole crazy Ukraine scenario -- and NATO, and Russia, and the Middle East, yadda, yadda, yadda -- is that it's clear to world leaders that United States foreign policy is now schizophrenic.

Would YOU want to trust a government that could flip its position at the drop of a hat or a presidential election?
Thank our highly presidential criminal in chief.

I tend to give this witness a bit of a wide berth. That being said he is Jewish, and Jews in this country tend to be liberal Dem's. I don't doubt his perception, but I also take into account his likely political leanings. I wouldn't say Trump did not step over a line here, though the only transcript of the call doesn't show that, we don't know what went on behind the scenes. I also think Biden did exactly what Trump is being accused of, except it was to help his son make tons of money, both in Ukraine and China, and have no doubt Hillary was doing exactly what Trump is being accused of in Russia, and Ukraine. We will need a new prison by the time we nail all the crooked politicians.

I tend to give this witness a bit of a wide berth. That being said he is Jewish, and Jews in this country tend to be liberal Dem's. I don't doubt his perception, but I also take into account his likely political leanings. I wouldn't say Trump did not step over a line here, though the only transcript of the call doesn't show that, we don't know what went on behind the scenes. I also think Biden did exactly what Trump is being accused of, except it was to help his son make tons of money, both in Ukraine and China, and have no doubt Hillary was doing exactly what Trump is being accused of in Russia, and Ukraine. We will need a new prison by the time we nail all the crooked politicians.
Ok so I'm going to skip past the religious profiling and make a more important point.

Only intensely partisan people ASSUME that everyone is as biased as they are. When you are not capable of setting aside ideology, you assume no one else is either. Because you have the self-awareness to realize that you couldn't be an unbiased observer, you project that on to others.

ADVERTISEMENT