***Mainland DT Christian Hudson: 'UCF is one of my top schools'***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
uv3alt8dnlexzc75idgt

Top UCF target Christian Hudson was on campus for multiple days this past weekend.

The Daytona Beach Mainland defensive tackle spent Friday becoming better acquainted with the coaching staff and then returned Saturday to watch the spring scrimmage.

"I got there early and we first sat down with Coach (Kenny) Martin," Hudson said. "We had a good talk. He showed me some things about UCF, the great things they've done and what they'll continue to do. Then we went to the walk-through and I was able to see Coach Martin actually working with the players. We also had defensive line meetings and got to sit in on that. They watched practice from the day before and they talked about what they did well and what they could have done better.

"After that, we sat down with Coach (Ted) Roof. He was telling me how much of a priority I am and how I can fit in. Then we went in to meet with Coach (Gus) Malzahn. Coach Martin was in there too. He told me about all the great things UCF is going to accomplish now that they're in the Big 12. There's no other place closer to me that plays big-time football. He wanted me to know how much I'm a priority for them."

"Everybody in the building is very humble and not cocky about themselves," Hudson continued. "It's a great place that will continue to produce great athletes. I learned about what I can do for them and how they can help me. UCF provided great information for me about my future and everything they can do."

UCF was one of the first schools to offer Hudson, doing so more than a year ago. His main point of contact has been Kenny Martin, who would be his future position coach.

"Coach Martin said he likes my explosive power, my knock-back ability and that I have great movement skills, I can move sideline to sideline and get where I need to be. I have a high motor and a mean streak."

The bond is strong with Coach Martin.

"The relationship is great," Hudson said of UCF's defensive tackles coach. "I'd say that's probably my strongest relationship coaching wise of any coach that's recruiting me. That's probably the coach that has the strongest connection to me as of right now. I'm grateful that he's believed in me and has put the time and effort into recruiting me."

Hudson really enjoyed sitting down with head coach Gus Malzahn as well.

"He's a great coach," Hudson said. "He's very humble about himself. He doesn't really like to talk about his accomplishments, but he won a National Championship and then had another National Championship that he should have won. I got to see his rings and the coach awards in his office. He's a great head coach. I would love to play for him."

Hudson will make his first official visit for Bounce House Weekend on May 31. Other scheduled official visits include Iowa State (June 7), Maryland (June 14) and Iowa (June 21).

"I don't have a set list or anything like that, but UCF is definitely one of my top schools," Hudson said.

He plans to make a decision this summer prior to his senior year.

"The most important thing to me would be relationships with my coaches," Hudson said. "I want to make sure the coaches are going to be there with me. I'm not big on transferring. I want to pick a place and stay there. A place where I can thrive. Just a great place culture wise and with great fans too."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News