ADVERTISEMENT

Major Props to Rep Gabbard (D-Hawaii)

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
This House Democrat took to The Hill to finally call out the few but powerful anti-religious bigots in her own party that have been assessing religious tests on judicial candidates in Senate hearings.

Specifically naming Feinstein and indirectly pointing at Harris and Hirono, who pathetically attacked a nominee because he's (gasp!) a member of the Knights of Columbus.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-...-leaders-who-weaponize-religion-are-playing-a

While I oppose the nomination of Brian Buescher to the U.S. District Court in Nebraska, I stand strongly against those who are fomenting religious bigotry, citing as disqualifiers Buescher’s Catholicism and his affiliation with the Knights of Columbus. If Buescher is “unqualified” because of his Catholicism and affiliation with the Knights of Columbus, then President John F. Kennedy, and the ‘liberal lion of the Senate’ Ted Kennedy would have been “unqualified” for the same reasons.
Article 6 of the U.S. Constitution clearly states that there “shall be no religious test” for any seeking to serve in public office.

No American should be told that his or her public service is unwelcome because “the dogma lives loudly within you” as Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said to Amy Coney Barrett during her confirmation hearings in 2017 to serve as U.S. Circuit Court judge in the 7th Circuit.

While I absolutely believe in the separation of church and state as a necessity to the health of our nation, no American should be asked to renounce his or her faith or membership in a faith-based, service organization in order to hold public office.

The party that worked so hard to convince people that Catholics and Knights of Columbus like Al Smith and John F. Kennedy could be both good Catholics and good public servants shows an alarming disregard of its own history in making such attacks today.

Reactions: UCFBS
This House Democrat took to The Hill to finally call out the few but powerful anti-religious bigots in her own party that have been assessing religious tests on judicial candidates in Senate hearings.

Specifically naming Feinstein and indirectly pointing at Harris and Hirono, who pathetically attacked a nominee because he's (gasp!) a member of the Knights of Columbus.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-...-leaders-who-weaponize-religion-are-playing-a

While I oppose the nomination of Brian Buescher to the U.S. District Court in Nebraska, I stand strongly against those who are fomenting religious bigotry, citing as disqualifiers Buescher’s Catholicism and his affiliation with the Knights of Columbus. If Buescher is “unqualified” because of his Catholicism and affiliation with the Knights of Columbus, then President John F. Kennedy, and the ‘liberal lion of the Senate’ Ted Kennedy would have been “unqualified” for the same reasons.
Article 6 of the U.S. Constitution clearly states that there “shall be no religious test” for any seeking to serve in public office.

No American should be told that his or her public service is unwelcome because “the dogma lives loudly within you” as Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said to Amy Coney Barrett during her confirmation hearings in 2017 to serve as U.S. Circuit Court judge in the 7th Circuit.

While I absolutely believe in the separation of church and state as a necessity to the health of our nation, no American should be asked to renounce his or her faith or membership in a faith-based, service organization in order to hold public office.

The party that worked so hard to convince people that Catholics and Knights of Columbus like Al Smith and John F. Kennedy could be both good Catholics and good public servants shows an alarming disregard of its own history in making such attacks today.
I'm old enough to remember back when Obama being a Muslim was enough for him to not be qualified to be president.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I'm old enough to remember back when Obama being a Muslim was enough for him to not be qualified to be president.

Nah, I'm talking about actual religious litmus tests being established by sitting Senators on Judicial Committees

Too bad you can't join my in condemning these Senators. They're on your team so you must - DEFLECT!

Nah, I'm talking about actual religious litmus tests being established by sitting Senators on Judicial Committees

Too bad you can't join my in condemning these Senators. They're on your team so you must - DEFLECT!
Oh ok, no one in a current possition of political power ever suggested that Obama might be a Muslim and therefore suggested he may be unqualified because of it?

Oh ok, no one in a current possition of political power ever suggested that Obama might be a Muslim and therefore suggested he may be unqualified because of it?

Stop it, fried-chicken!!! You're taking this discussion off-topic by bringing up the fake kind of religious discrimination.

This thread is all about those evil Godless politicians like Sen. Feinstein who callously discriminate against socially-conservative anti-abortion Catholics.

No offense, but if you are fuking stupid enough to actually believe in what Catholicism teaches there is no way in hell you should be allowed to represent people in the US govt in the 21st century.

LMAO

I create a thread to give credit to a Democrat and the usual suspects bitch and whine anyways. Can't make this up folks!

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
Stop it, fried-chicken!!! You're taking this discussion off-topic by bringing up the fake kind of religious discrimination.

This thread is all about those evil Godless politicians like Sen. Feinstein who callously discriminate against socially-conservative anti-abortion Catholics.

I know you're a delusional troll, but even someone with delusions as strong as you can't ignore the fact that your beloved D's in the Senate were, absolutely, trying to assess a religious litmus test for judicial nominees in the Senate chamber.

It's so apparent that a left winger like Gabbard took to The Hill to call them out.

But hey, at least you really care about safe guarding the Constitution!

Reactions: UCFBS
No offense, but if you are fuking stupid enough to actually believe in what Catholicism teaches there is no way in hell you should be allowed to represent people in the US govt in the 21st century.
^^^ Pretty much textbook discrimination and new age Progressivism.

Oh, BTW, which entity takes care of a supermanority of undocumented residents after the cross the border outside of a checkpoint again?

Progressivism ignorance is bliss.

Classic Liberalism is dead.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
^^^ Pretty much textbook discrimination and new age Progressivism.

Oh, BTW, which entity takes care of a supermanority of undocumented residents after the cross the border outside of a checkpoint again?

Progressivism ignorance is bliss.

Classic Liberalism is dead.

WTF is wrong with you? Please tell me you don't actually sound like this in real life.

Look, I'm sorry I embarrassed you with the 9mm vs 5.56 thing, but maybe try being less of a complete and utter dumbfuk in the future, and it won't happen again? Or not, because you are so goddamn weird it's actually entertaining. :joy:

I agree with you guys on this, it was wrong to infer things about Obama from some comments taken out-of-context. Although it would have helped Obama if he wouldn't have botched some explanations that were easily explained.

It also didn't help President Obama when the state of Hawaii released a clearly, digitally edited PDF. It gave the annoying birthers another piece of ammo.

The point here is that most Americans are getting tired of both sides. And here we have Ninja who displays the worst, beyond what 85 does.

Ninja is actually a bigot, and I literally don't understand how people think Catholic or other Christian discrimination is valid, but apparently they do, and the US media supports such.

I'm against all bigotry.

I agree with you guys on this, it was wrong to infer things about Obama from some comments taken out-of-context. Although it would have helped Obama if he wouldn't have botched some explanations that were easily explained.

It also didn't help President Obama when the state of Hawaii released a clearly, digitally edited PDF. It gave the annoying birthers another piece of ammo.

The point here is that most Americans are getting tired of both sides. And here we have Ninja who displays the worst, beyond what 85 does.

Ninja is actually a bigot, and I literally don't understand how people think Catholic or other Christian discrimination is valid, but apparently they do, and the US media supports such.

I'm against all bigotry.

lmfao you are obsessed with me. Damn I really must have embarrassed you with that pistol vs rifle debate. Still can't get over it.

I used to be really anti catholic. I still have my issues with their dogma, but have come to realize that it was more me being closed minded about something I didnt know enough about than Catholics collectively being a villain. Generally speaking, catholics as a group are some of the most genuine and kind people I've come across. If you consider the fact that 1/8th of the worlds population is catholic, if they were really as terrible as some seem to think they are then we would have way bigger problems than we do.

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
I used to be really anti catholic. I still have my issues with their dogma, but have come to realize that it was more me being closed minded about something I didnt know enough about than Catholics collectively being a villain. Generally speaking, catholics as a group are some of the most genuine and kind people I've come across. If you consider the fact that 1/8th of the worlds population is catholic, if they were really as terrible as some seem to think they are then we would have way bigger problems than we do.
Which is why this is textbook discrimination.

Classic Liberals are getting scared of what Progressives are doing.

Complete strawman.

I have zero problems with catholics, or mormons, or any group of people. Like you said they are some super nice people, I would never argue otherwise.

I would argue that they believe some bat shit crazy things that are not based in reality. Actually I wouldn't argue that, I would unequivocally state those things are based in empirically measured truths, they believe some stupid shit and are not fit to make decisions affecting normal people.

And if you were a Senator, even if you wanted to hate Catholics to whatever extent you want personally, the Constitution requires that you not use that personal hatred against someone else that is nominated for public service and happens to be Catholic.

It's literal bigotry in practice.

Hence why I applaud Gabbard for calling out anti-religious bigotry when she sees it, as has been on display amongst these Senators in several instances.

Complete strawman.

I have zero problems with catholics, or mormons, or any group of people. Like you said they are some super nice people, I would never argue otherwise.

I would argue that they believe some bat shit crazy things that are not based in reality. Actually I wouldn't argue that, I would unequivocally state those things are based in empirically measured truths, they believe some stupid shit and are not fit to make decisions affecting normal people.

Strawman? You brought up Catholicism, and i talked about Catholicism. I didn't give any unrelated examples of something extreme to attack your position.

Strawman? You brought up Catholicism, and i talked about Catholicism. I didn't give any unrelated examples of something extreme to attack your position.

Sorry I should have been more detailed. Your strawman was claiming that Catholics are some of the nicest people in the world. I never claimed otherwise (with the obvious exception of 85, who has sent me and others death threats). I never claimed Catholics weren't nice people, the vast majority of them are saints (pun intended). They just believe some really fuking stupid things.

If I had a dollar for each time I read classical liberal/liberalism from UCFBS
Yes, because progressivism started attacking it in the '90s, and killed off a lot of it by 2006, when reporters started being thrown in jail. It's amazing to see the hypocrisy of the modern progressive doing exactly what the conservatives do, only with the weight of most of the US media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT