ADVERTISEMENT

MAKING SENSE OF THE UCF LOSS TO BAYLOR

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Hello, Knight Nation. How are we doing? Any better? Hopefully not any worse after Saturday.

I’m sure at this point, you, like me, are making your way through the various stages of grief after UCF’s second-half meltdown that led to a 36-35 loss to Baylor, on Saturday evening. What should have been a (K)night to remember, instead became a ‘Knightmare’ as UCF squandered a 28-point lead in their first Big 12 Conference game, inside the Bounce House.

Click here to read more.

Crap happens . Buck up and have hope for Kansas . You know why sports, in particular the NFL and college football are wildly popular? They are unscripted events that feed our tribal instincts . There are winners and losers. It's black and white and the games unfold in wild ways . Saturday for us was horrible ,for Baylor it was amazing..that's sports. Been an UCF fan since 1986 . I am never over confident , always nervous until it's over. I can't explain why it happened.

From Joe Dirt. How does the sun rise?. How do clowns make you smile? How does positractiom work? I don't know. It just does.

That last Saturday .

You gotta keep on keeping on. You can't have no in your heart. Life is a garden , dig it .

Crap happens . Buck up and have hope for Kansas . You know why sports, in particular the NFL and college football are wildly popular? They are unscripted events that feed our tribal instincts . There are winners and losers. It's black and white and the games unfold in wild ways . Saturday for us was horrible ,for Baylor it was amazing..that's sports. Been an UCF fan since 1986 . I am never over confident , always nervous until it's over. I can't explain why it happened.

From Joe Dirt. How does the sun rise?. How do clowns make you smile? How does positractiom work? I don't know. It just does.

That last Saturday .

You gotta keep on keeping on. You can't have no in your heart. Life is a garden , dig it .
Wow! You're almost as good as Confucius. :)

There's just a vague sense of "can't make it happen" with this team. Years ago if the team was struggling there was a sort of underlying confidence that we would pull something off. Now, watching you just know someone's going to screw things up. Even pretty early in the Baylor game when we had a healthy lead I saw our offense sputtering a bit and felt a pang of "huh that's not good...but we have a decent lead..."

There's just a vague sense of "can't make it happen" with this team. Years ago if the team was struggling there was a sort of underlying confidence that we would pull something off. Now, watching you just know someone's going to screw things up. Even pretty early in the Baylor game when we had a healthy lead I saw our offense sputtering a bit and felt a pang of "huh that's not good...but we have a decent lead..."
Yep, back on 2017 and 2018, I always knew that Milton and that team would find a way to pull it out. That feeling is gone.

I finally watched the 4th quarter last night on DVR. In real time I was listening to Marc Daniels melt down on the hour drive home. I couldn't believe what I was listening to. the next morning I even asked Siri the score of the UCF game. Was it a bad april fools joke. A war of the worlds radio show that was fiction? Nope. After watching the DVR of the final quarter I now have closure. It was a very bad loss and in my opinion the only way UCF can recover from that is going to Waco next year and getting revenge and beat them in their place. A rivalry is born.

Go Knights, Beat Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT