ADVERTISEMENT

Man with MAGA hat assaulted by liberals

When I see a mass shooting on TV.

What’s the first thing I think? What political party did they “follow?”

Absolutely not

I say, “here we go again.”

America is too violent and we have too many crazy people with guns. Nobody is doing a damn thing about either

We are labeling this asshole a white supremacist and he probably is. But in the interest of looking at causes rather than tools, let’s go out of the box. In society today (as it has ever been), we are ostracized if we express any viewpoint out of the accepted norm. People trying to find their way and having concerns about immigrants, legal or not, are labeled racist and worse as soon as the give voice to their thoughts. Rather than talk to them in an open way and try to steer them towards a more agreeable understanding, we push them away and towards people who are more extreme. The extreme embraces and emboldens. Maybe a key to preventing more of these lies closer to home than we would ever look.

When I see a mass shooting on TV.

What’s the first thing I think? What political party did they “follow?”

Absolutely not

I say, “here we go again.”

America is too violent and we have too many crazy people with guns. Nobody is doing a damn thing about either

If you say "here we go again", then why not at least try to push Republicans to help the situation? It is straight up insanity that this country has to deal with this, and that one side quite simply won't even pretend to try and do something to try and fix it.

If you say "here we go again", then why not at least try to push Republicans to help the situation? It is straight up insanity that this country has to deal with this, and that one side quite simply won't even pretend to try and do something to try and fix it.
A deranged punk with easy access to guns, dont leave that part out.
I’m for Trump, but not for guns

At least not an arsenal. I get so aggravated when people tell me that guns don’t kill people

I bet a lot of those that died were gun owners

It didn’t do crap to save them.

I’m for Trump, but not for guns

At least not an arsenal. I get so aggravated when people tell me that guns don’t kill people

I bet a lot of those that died were gun owners

It didn’t do crap to save them.

I agree. THe problem, is Trump, and really the GOP even more so than Trump, wont do a thing to at least try and fix it. There are so many guns in this country that there is no way to fix it over night, but the fact we don't even try is insane to me. This seems like it should be an issue with bipartisan support to try and fix, but there is little to no effort to fix it. This is American terrorism, and our elected leaders just basically throw up their arms and say "oh well".

I agree. THe problem, is Trump, and really the GOP even more so than Trump, wont do a thing to at least try and fix it. There are so many guns in this country that there is no way to fix it over night, but the fact we don't even try is insane to me. This seems like it should be an issue with bipartisan support to try and fix, but there is little to no effort to fix it. This is American terrorism, and our elected leaders just basically throw up their arms and say "oh well".
Nobody has or will do a thing about it

Republicans or Democrats

Americans don’t want to give up their guns

Crazy people + violent people + guns = mass shootings

It’s that simple

Nobody has or will do a thing about it

Republicans or Democrats

Americans don’t want to give up their guns

Crazy people + violent people + guns = mass shootings

It’s that simple

It might be that simple, but there is no reason in the world that people should have such easy access to guns.

Ok. How would you restrict access to guns?
You can 3d print guns now. They aren't going away, period.

Hell, look at how ineffective New Zealands ban has been. Out of 1.5 million guns, 200 have been turned over in 4 months.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Ok. How would you restrict access to guns?

I would ban everything but hunting rifles and hand guns. Nobody in civilian life needs anything more than that. And I would do more thorough back ground checks before people can legally buy those. WOuld it solve the problem over night? Of course not. Would it at least be a start and get us moving in the right, and humane direction? Yes.

You can 3d print guns now. They aren't going away, period.

Hell, look at how ineffective New Zealands ban has been. Out of 1.5 million guns, 200 have been turned over in 4 months.

How many people are shooting people with 3d printed guns? Not many. This is excuse to sit back and do nothing.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The killer lived. That’s the second biggest tragedy here. What a bunch of BS

"Send the back"

Sounds familiar.

Lady on the right of the frame going about her business in some Panhandle town today not realizing she is going viral. The rhetoric has blurred the lines where legal Hispanics are getting harassed every day(Go back to your country taunts)then you have these 8Chan Losers that get easy access to guns

I would ban everything but hunting rifles and hand guns. Nobody in civilian life needs anything more than that. And I would do more thorough back ground checks before people can legally buy those. WOuld it solve the problem over night? Of course not. Would it at least be a start and get us moving in the right, and humane direction? Yes.

And yet the overwhelming number of homicides with firearms in this country is carried out by handguns. Not even just majority, nearly all homicides. They just don't draw the attention that AR15's do since we decided that we were going to go into hysterics every time one was used and make that shooter famous, so now it's become the de facto way for these psychos to assure they're plastered on the news.

100 people are shot on a given weekend in Chicago with handguns and it doesn't even make your Google news feed.

And yet the overwhelming number of homicides with firearms in this country is carried out by handguns. Not even just majority, nearly all homicides. They just don't draw the attention that AR15's do since we decided that we were going to go into hysterics every time one was used and make that shooter famous, so now it's become the de facto way for these psychos to assure they're plastered on the news.

100 people are shot on a given weekend in Chicago with handguns and it doesn't even make your Google news feed.

As I said, I would have more restrictions on handguns. I wouldnt out right ban them, but I would make it more difficult to legally get them.

I dont think discussing gun issues after dozens of people are gunned down is hysterics.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
BTW, the US Media is doing a good job of trying to hide it, but the guy is registered Democratic party ... once again. Not that it really matters.

As I said, I would have more restrictions on handguns. I wouldnt out right ban them, but I would make it more difficult to legally get them.
Details?

And, BTW, if you're against handguns, enemy #1 for you is the USCCA, not the NRA. They are far more powerful and gotten far more laws passed the last 2 decades, than the NRA.

I dont think discussing gun issues after dozens of people are gunned down is hysterics.
Doesn't matter what you think. The supermajority of Americans are tired of anyone talking politics after a mass shooting, let alone when the recommendations wouldn't have done anything to stop many of them.

Especially when they are using 185+ year-old revolver and shotgun designs, things invented during the lifetimes of the Founding Fathers.

Americans aren't dumb, even if the 3rd Grader US Media keeps saying 'common sense gun control' and people know what that means ... nothing that works. Let's face it, people just want legal gun ownership banned, which will still not remove 85%+ of all gun crimes and homicides any way.

If anything, it will just take 100% of the deterrence away from organized crime to spread.

Like wha? You want to ban semi auto rifles and “make it harder to obtain handguns”. I’d honestly like to hear your ideas here to see if they aren’t grossly unconstitutional or not. Especially given that a handgun has been argued and won in court as the greatest means of legal personal self defense and that burdens for obtaining them must be heavily scrutinized

BTW, the US Media is doing a good job of trying to hide it, but the guy is registered Democratic party ... once again. Not that it really matters.

Details?

And, BTW, if you're against handguns, enemy #1 for you is the USCCA, not the NRA. They are far more powerful and gotten far more laws passed the last 2 decades, than the NRA.

Doesn't matter what you think. The supermajority of Americans are tired of anyone talking politics after a mass shooting, let alone when the recommendations wouldn't have done anything to stop many of them.

Especially when they are using 185+ year-old revolver and shotgun designs, things invented during the lifetimes of the Founding Fathers.

Americans aren't dumb, even if the 3rd Grader US Media keeps saying 'common sense gun control' and people know what that means ... nothing that works. Let's face it, people just want legal gun ownership banned, which will still not remove 85%+ of all gun crimes and homicides any way.

If anything, it will just take 100% of the deterrence away from organized crime to spread.

Where are you seeing he is a registered Democrat? The dude had pro Trump stuff all over his social media, and his manifesto was just regurgitated Trump talking points.

The supermajority of Americans dont want to talk about politics after a mass shooting? DO you have a source for that, or did you just completely make that up?

Then why have any laws at all? People still drink and drive despite laws against it, should we just get rid of that law? We can disagree on exactly what needs to be done, but anyone who wants to do nothing is essentially saying they are ok this happening.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase- it’s been argued and won in court that laws cannot put undue burden on a persons right to legal armed self defense

From that, it’s widely understood in constitutional law circles that this means that you can’t put up undue burdens to obtain a handgun since this is the only real means of legally carried self defense

Let me rephrase- it’s been argued and won in court that laws cannot put undue burden on a persons right to legal armed self defense

From that, it’s widely understood in constitutional law circles that this means that you can’t put up undue burdens to obtain a handgun since this is the only real means of legally carried self defense

But what is an undue burden? Universal background checks and things of that nature are not an undue burden IMO.

But what is an undue burden? Universal background checks and things of that nature are not an undue burden IMO.

Ok well that’s really not what you hinted at earlier. I’m fine with UBCs even though nearly every gun bought is already subject to a Federal background check.

Most of these guns bought by these shooters would have been legally bought with UBCs. If they aren’t on record as having committed a felony or otherwise they aren’t going to be stopped.

It’s up to people around these lunatics to call a nut when they see one and intervene

Ok well that’s really not what you hinted at earlier. I’m fine with UBCs even though nearly every gun bought is already subject to a Federal background check.

Most of these guns bought by these shooters would have been legally bought with UBCs. If they aren’t on record as having committed a felony or otherwise they aren’t going to be stopped.

It’s up to people around these lunatics to call a nut when they see one and intervene

It is certainly a difficult situation, I understand that, and obviously no system is going to completely get rid of the problem, but we are well past the point where we either decide that gun violence is just part of life in America, or we try to do something to solve the problem. Other countries dont have these problems.

i see alot of people in here blaming trump for the shooting. odd, i didnt see alot of people calling out warren for the ohio one. also there were shootings before trump. i seem to remember quite a few during the obama years and he supposedly brought us all together.

we do need to do a better job about background checks. that is one thing i believe in. that kid in ohio had all kinds of red flags. we need to look at how he was able to get the gun and correct that issue.

i see alot of people in here blaming trump for the shooting. odd, i didnt see alot of people calling out warren for the ohio one. also there were shootings before trump. i seem to remember quite a few during the obama years and he supposedly brought us all together.

we do need to do a better job about background checks. that is one thing i believe in. that kid in ohio had all kinds of red flags. we need to look at how he was able to get the gun and correct that issue.

As great as it sounds to have any and all mental health concerns included in background checks, is that really feasible, legal, or fair? Do we limit it to only diagnosis made by psychologists, or are counselors included? If a person has situational depression because of something like the death of a loved one, should that preclude them from buying a gun after they have gotten over it? Would those counselors or psychologists face legal recourse if they don't report something like that and would they be held accountable if a shooting occured?

As great as it sounds to have any and all mental health concerns included in background checks, is that really feasible, legal, or fair? Do we limit it to only diagnosis made by psychologists, or are counselors included? If a person has situational depression because of something like the death of a loved one, should that preclude them from buying a gun after they have gotten over it? Would those counselors or psychologists face legal recourse if they don't report something like that and would they be held accountable if a shooting occured?
i really do understand these concerns. i dont want to stop legally responsible people who may be going through some minor issues stopped from being able to protect themselves or their families. but there is probably some level of mental health that needs to be a cut off, i dont know that line.

this is something for leading people in the psychology field to answer. there would also need to be a path for getting the rights back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT