ADVERTISEMENT

Marc Daniels Previews Fiesta Bowl on The Bridge (link)

Interesting to hear him talk about the perception of UCF in PHX from 5 years ago to today. He also breaks down some of the game and what LSU should do to win the game and what UCF needs to happen to win the game.

He also compares UCF's 2017 team to this year's 2018 version.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/470-the-bridge-29787284/episode/fiesta-bowl-preview-30351907/
Thanks. Long drive ahead of me to listen

I’m guessing that the perception in Phoenix isn’t quite as nice as it was in 2014. I’ll listen

I have not listened but I was in Phoenix for the previous bowl. People there were nice but condescending. The overall view was the UCF had ZERO chance to win that game. Baylor was in its heyday and was too good and too fast. The Baylor fans were nearly insufferable in their "its nice for your little school to have the chance to be here" shtick. People were not sure where UCF was from. Honestly I was there for what I thought would be a once in a lifetime event. I sat on the aisle seat on the 50 yard line. To my right were UCF fans. To my left Baylor. I can tell you the satisfaction of seeing them sit on their hands and leave early was amazing.

I can tell you the satisfaction of seeing them sit on their hands and leave early was amazing.
Their fanbase was as fast at leaving Phoenix as their team supposedly was. I’ve never seen such a quiet and depressed fanbase at the airport. They were stunned. The first NY6 bowl will always be the most memorable for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT