ADVERTISEMENT

Marc Daniels reports UCF vs. Duke in Military Bowl December 28 2:00 p.m. in Annapolis, Maryland

Who knows anymore. Players sit. A lot of players don’t care. Staff guys may leave. Maybe the staff is trying to get reps for kids they think will be playing next season. That’s the route I wish we’d take this year. Rest Plumlee and use him as the backup. Roll with Tommy as the starter and get him some meaningful experience. See how he handles it. He’s going to have to be the backup next year (unless we get somebody out of the portal) and we all know at some point Plumlee is going to be gimpy or injured. Staff should want to get real film on him, in real snaps, in a real game.

One thing that is funny about this game is that the shoe is on the other foot. Now, we’re “disappointed to be at this game” and we’re seeing a lot of players not play and enter the portal. Duke is likely thrilled to be there and they will be “motivated.”

Reactions: Yaes
Duke results:

Temple Win 30-0
@Northwestern Win 31-23
NC A&T Win 49-20
@Kansas Loss 35-27
Virginia Won 38-17
@GaTech Loss 23-20
North Carolina Loss 38-35
@Miami Win 45-21
@Boston College Win 38-31
VaTech Win 24-7
@Pitt Loss 28-26
Wake Forest Win 34-31

Not bad results. I don't know anything about Duke Football but I guess we will learn.

One thing that is funny about this game is that the shoe is on the other foot. Now, we’re “disappointed to be at this game” and we’re seeing a lot of players not play and enter the portal. Duke is likely thrilled to be there and they will be “motivated.”
Aside from playing a 6-6 UF team, this is the best bowl the team has gotten to in 4 years.

Duke has been playing well lately with some good results and we are playing our worst football of the season the last few games. Hopefully, some injured players return and we can go and and win the bowl game. This will help with a little momentum into the off season.

This is shaping up to be a BYU Boca Bowl situation
Kinda feels like it, but I think the Byu Team we faced was a lot stronger than Duke and had an NFL draftee at QB too.

All that to say we don’t need to be great to win but, right now, I’m more worried about having enough bodies to field a team 😅

Kinda feels like it, but I think the Byu Team we faced was a lot stronger than Duke and had an NFL draftee at QB too.

All that to say we don’t need to be great to win but, right now, I’m more worried about having enough bodies to field a team 😅
Allgier is the starting RB for Falcons right now. He’s the better player from that team. The QB will be out of League soon. He isn’t hurting for money though.

I thought we were never allowed to mention the byu boca bowl. I've effectively blocked that from my memory..Thanks for bringing it back. Bleh. Heupel had checked out by then and lost the team. BYU was of course really good and wanted it more.

ADVERTISEMENT