ADVERTISEMENT

Matthew Wright

Not to mention the extra point kicks. TOOOOOOO many recollections of our first bowl game when we hit overtime.

Reactions: Wings0fred
outstanding kickoffs today. Really took away their kick returner who leads the country with 44 yard return average. Strategy worked well. Has been money on field goals as well.

Definitely, but the few times we had to punt, sucked today. Very uncharacteristic!

The TV announcers HATED the strategy both teams used. Honestly, seems like the average starting field position for them was about the 35 yard line anyway, so the out of bounds on every kick would work too.

And yes, Wright has been very good for us...is he coming back next year?

What I WOULDN'T recommend is an onside kick coming out of half with a lead.....what a brain fart that was.

Reactions: Stetson_1883
The TV announcers HATED the strategy both teams used. Honestly, seems like the average starting field position for them was about the 35 yard line anyway, so the out of bounds on every kick would work too.

What I WOULDN'T recommend is an onside kick coming out of half with a lead.....what a brain fart that was.
They did onside kick to start second half? Must have missed that one

But Wright has been awesome this year!

Credit to Memphis. They pulled out every imaginable play and had the talent to do it. Ferguson, Miller and company came to play and left it all out there. They could have very easily won and should hang their heads high

Credit to Memphis. They pulled out every imaginable play and had the talent to do it. Ferguson, Miller and company came to play and left it all out there. They could have very easily won and should hang their heads high

Not disputing any of that, and hope Memphis and USF get P5 bowl games.....but the onside kick was a major stupid coaching move.

And I think they should HOLD their heads high....just sayin

Their starting field positions following kickoffs

Own 18
Own 35
Own 25
Own 11
Own 33
Own 22
Own 32
Own 30
Own 30

Average was own 26

Their kick returner averages 44 per return. Their best field position after kickoff was the 35. One time.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT