ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe UCF is actually good? (sarcasm) My breakdown of the Cincy dub

Money_Milton

Five-Star Recruit
Dec 15, 2017
http://power6analytics.com/maybe-uc...ing-an-overall-adot-of-13-91-and-a-11-74-ypa/

-Fun game.
-Don't get caught up in Milton's completion percentage. His aDot was 13.91 and he had an 11.94 ypa. These are both insanely high and will drop expected completion percentage like crazy.
-He was accurate on all 5 of his deep shots.
-Killins in space, not on screens, is a formula for success.
-Taj needs his like 6 carries to get to like 10.
-The line wasn't the best, but not the worst.

-Defense
-The good, pressure: UCF got a Hurry/Knockdown/Run Disruption 24 times on 81 plays. Titus had 5, Hill 4, Connors and Pat also up there as well as Charlton with 2 in less snaps.
-Moore and Causey were targeted a combined 7 times, 0 completions.
-Middle of the field pass D is still bad. 13 attempts went to the sidelines, only 3 were caught. 8 were caught between the numbers on just 10 attempts.
-UCF allowed a 72% success rate on runs out of "12" personnel and a 6.16 ypc. This is something Memphis did in the 1h and not the 2h.
-Warren had 2 explosive runs out of 18 attempts a little lower than than 13.86% season average.
-He also had a 61% success rate, but only 2.39 yac and 4.5 ypc. When you're forcing as many pressures and run disruptions as UCF did, you can live with a high success rate combined with a Lower ypc.
-They only allowed 1 td, but don't forget Cinci had a missed fg, a blocked fg, and two fumbles inside UCF's 35. Pressure was definitely a factor.
-This game is proof you can't run to beat this team, you have to be able to throw the ball.

Well, I guess you don't have to really read the article now haha.

Not doing anything for the USF game in terms of a preview, I want to start Memphis so I can try and get offense and defense done. Which just means Houston will win and screw me over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT