ADVERTISEMENT

***McKenzie Milton Update: All is good (Old thread from May 2017)***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
I just got off the phone with McKenzie Milton's mother, Teresa. They are a little confused about how these rumors have spiraled out of control, but she assured me that everything is fine. McKenzie received permission from the coaching staff to spend a little extra time in Hawaii. As one can imagine, it's been tough being away from home, and especially living in a locale that's extremely difficult and expensive to reach. It's not like he can drive a couple hours or take a quick flight and be home on weekends.

Being so far away from home, McKenzie has had to miss some important life/family events so all parties (parents, Frost) felt it was a prudent move to give McKenzie a little bit of time to recharge at home. He will be back soon and resume working out with his teammates. McKenzie is excited about the progress the team made this spring and he sees a breakout season ahead.

As for classes, he is taking two online courses and is not falling behind. Apparently McKenzie isn't the only player who received permission for a little time away early in Summer A.

As I said in the other thread, the initial rumors were player-based. Guys are going home this weekend for Memorial Day and talking to their parents and friends, and naturally things start to spread. If there was nothing going on, it does appear a lack of communication to the existing team definitely played a role in this becoming a semi-public event, but I have been assured that it's all been one big misunderstanding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.